Kieran Foran pledges to stick with Manly Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Robbo said:
"I haven't heard too much about it to be honest with you. Over here, you miss out on most of the stuff that's going on back there," Foran said. How stupid do you think we are? Is there no access to the internet where you are? Are the phone lines down? No mobile phone access? C'mon Keiran, this comments has convinced me that you're a Bulldog from 2013.

He is signed till 2014 unless he walks out

Doubtful he'd go in 2012, he might in 2013 OR he may discover that he still loves us....hopefully he and Tooves will "find the love"

the one thing we have probably overlooked that is in our favour, if foz is here till 2013, he will probably be co captain and looking at getting it all to himself when killer retires.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Robbo said:
"I haven't heard too much about it to be honest with you. Over here, you miss out on most of the stuff that's going on back there," Foran said. How stupid do you think we are? Is there no access to the internet where you are? Are the phone lines down? No mobile phone access? C'mon Keiran, this comments has convinced me that you're a Bulldog from 2013.

Doubtful he'd go in 2012, he might in 2013 OR he may discover that he still loves us....hopefully he and Tooves will "find the love"

This is why I wanted to punt Des earlier. Gives players a chance to play under Toovs and they'd realise they don't miss Des as much as they thought.

As for Foran. He has always been our next captain IMO and with Toovs coach I don't think I can ever imagine such a coach and captain being in sync so much with how they go about it on the field. Foran has even been getting in trouble for backchatting later on in season.

I would imagine if Des is sacked for breach of contract it would void the get out clauses.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Robbo said:

Geez Mark all we need now is Ian Roberts on our coaching staff and we will be right ,lol

Masked Eagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Robbo said:

This is why I wanted to punt Des earlier. Gives players a chance to play under Toovs and they'd realise they don't miss Des as much as they thought.

As for Foran. He has always been our next captain IMO and with Toovs coach I don't think I can ever imagine such a coach and captain being in sync so much with how they go about it on the field. Foran has even been getting in trouble for backchatting later on in season.

The above facts mean that there is hope that we may retain him. Reading into the boards allegations of Des trying to lure players I thought that Foran may stay for next season to simmer down that particular allegation/speculation and go in 2013. Time under Toovs if successful may cause a change of heart.

At least I genuinely hope so coz Foran is going to have a massive career wherever he plays.

Well I think Foran should have learnt from his experience with playing with NZ that he's not always going to have a combination like Lyon, G&B Stewart, Mattai AND Cherry-Evans to name just a few, to enhance his game and have the effect that it had last year! It's fairly obvious IMO...
Sure he can go and play with the Dogs if that's what he wants... but he won't be a WINNER!

Berkeley_Eagle said:
He can't activate the get out clause if he plays for Manly next season
Can he ?
And if Des is found in breach as well ?

Confused

I think he can activate at any time during this current contract.

As far a Keiran not going to Bulldogs in 2012, he has no option unless either he is prepared to play for next to nothing or they sack someone, because of their cap.

WAMF said:
I thought Liam was released at the end of the 2011 season?

he was only on a one year deal and was no offered another contract. Dont know where is playing in 2012.

I dont understand why everyone is calling for him to be the next captain, imo his too young and needs to learn how to talk to the refs. Let him concentrate on playing footy and when he learns to control the team and talk to the refs then make him captain. No need to rush him, if it takes 5 years then so be it.

I personally would of thought next in line would be watmough or maybe even Ballin.

I don't think he will blindly follow Hasler to the Bulldogs. I think the reason he is being very reserved with what he says is because he is one of the hottest properties on the market at the moment. If he has a get out clause after next year, he can re-negotiate a better contract for himself at Manly or another club a year earlier than his actual contract. I'm fairly confident he and his manager are just using this situation to look after Foran's interests, not to blindly follow a coach, and who can blame him for that.

The bulldogs are obviously keen on signing him and if they have huge money to throw at him are a real worry. Having Hasler an co will only sweeten the deal for Foran, but if we match or better the outside offers for him I'm sure we're a strong chance of keeping him.

mcatt said:
I don't think he will blindly follow Hasler to the Bulldogs. I think the reason he is being very reserved with what he says is because he is one of the hottest properties on the market at the moment. If he has a get out clause after next year, he can re-negotiate a better contract for himself at Manly or another club a year earlier than his actual contract. I'm fairly confident he and his manager are just using this situation to look after Foran's interests, not to blindly follow a coach, and who can blame him for that.

The bulldogs are obviously keen on signing him and if they have huge money to throw at him are a real worry. Having Hasler an co will only sweeten the deal for Foran, but if we match or better the outside offers for him I'm sure we're a strong chance of keeping him.

If we can match an offer or be close to it, I doubt he would leave the likes of DCE, Lussick and Buher for Des, unless he became unhappy with the coaching staff at manly. But srsly who doesnt love toovey :)

mcatt said:

This is the reality of the situation. Foran's manager will use whatever he can to get his client more money,and Foran is obviously no dummy. I would hate to se him go, but 1 player doesn't make a team and we have a team of great players.

I'm more concerned at keepiong the Stewart boys to be honest

kieran foran

hi people,
just some info i heard about foran and Des.
my best mates dad is really good friends with kieran forans old man..
any way he was telling me that foran is seriously considering a switch to the dogs at 2013 because he really looks up to Des. and he was telling me that Des has truly been poaching staff and wants players to follow him too. this is stuff people probably already know but when i heard it pretty much from the horses mouth i was gutted!
this is so BS!! Des and the board have F###e everything at manly!

Hey mean eagle, my brothers friends uncles nanny use to change kierens nappys. She says through an interpreter that he has a birth mark the shape of an eagle with the date 2023 inscribed under it. What do you think it means

Great first post mean eagle

RE: kieran foran

mean eagle said:
hi people,
just some info i heard about foran and Des.
my best mates dad is really good friends with kieran forans old man..
any way he was telling me that foran is seriously considering a switch to the dogs at 2013 because he really looks up to Des. and he was telling me that Des has truly been poaching staff and wants players to follow him too. this is stuff people probably already know but when i heard it pretty much from the horses mouth i was gutted!
this is so BS!! Des and the board have F###e everything at manly!

As the self appointed Bulldog Troll Exterminator, investigations have discovered that your computer has been registered on this site previously. BTW the word F###e is spelt wrong.

well im telling the truth. this what i was informed today. i know i have no credibility as is my 1st post. but that what i was informed on so i came on here to let people know what i heard. isn't that what this forums about?
i hope im not right.
we'll have to wait and see wont we.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9