kick off the season with a tin foil hat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Conspiracy theories can be entertaining so ill try not to half arse this one. And of course its about todd greenberg. Now that i have your attention.

So todds new role at NRL headquarters has been very uneventful indeed. You can count his list of achievements on one hand and his successful achievements with out counting. For years on silvertails we stood mouths open, wondering what anyone saw in this man. Teflon Todd swept all his issues under the carpet, had an empire built on gambling, and a major sponsor that sought him out as he is a tragic, and a major stadium handing out cash right in his heartland..Not much left to but seek out interviews and work on a book deal.

He continually had his head on the box, being as cheesy as possible. I figured he got his continual praise from the media because he gave them access and stories so they stroked him good in return.

When i think of the praise for the toddmeister, one phrase, just continually sticks out. Todd Greenberg is the "smartest young administrator in the game". If i heard that phrase once i heard it a thousand times. and I dont ever recall anyone ever saying anything else, just this one phrase trotted out time and time again.And by who, the media.

Well we all know the media is owned by news ltd and channel 9 have interests and they have been freaking with our game forever. We all know the media can influence federal elections with there campaigns in order to align themselves with policy makers who align themselves with them. So is it possible that toddles has been a ploy, has there been a campaign to get the mighty fisburger in charge of NRL operations to ensure that the tv deal mantra is followed now that the great David the negotiator Gallop has set sail. That last deal was just not palatable at all for serial under payers like fox and ch 9 .And even now there is talk the next deal will be much much more again.

His results in all other things football dont inspire us to believe he has something tangible to offer. Did David smith just get it wrong , did todd outsource his resume and address all key criteria, is there a NRL goat, or is there something more sinister at play ( insert creepy x files music here)

Greenturd is a blight on the game! We are a poorer code for him being in charge! His leadership is littered in scandal and he will always be an enemy of our club after the events of 2011.

No salary caps here

Club bosses are relatively pleased about Shane Richardson's elevation to mahogany row at the NRL, because they know he has skin in the game and will actually make a decision. What they are angry about is the amount of cash being splashed around by NRL chief executiveDave Smith on executive appointments.

They are wondering how head of football Todd Greenberg keeps his job, on more than $700,000 a year, now that the former South Sydney boss has come in.

Still on Richardson, he flies out this weekend for a self-funded study trip to the Super Bowl between the New England Patriots and the Seattle Seahawks in Arizona. He'll then meet with NFL suits in New York.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...ve-heard-that-one-before-20150130-1317j0.html

He is only good at giving meaningless one liners to questions, and brushing off questions asked of him that require an answer. the Ben Barba saga is a case in point. His sweep job there was nothing short of disgraceful.

He is totally inept to be running this game. He continually says that the NRL will be not be reactionary but proactive, however i am yet to see one iota of evidence that this is now the case.
People deride David Smith, but he is the CEO, not the operations head - Smith is doing good things with the financial side of the game that will yield long lasting results, however he needs to put 'footy' heads in the right positions to ensure there is no disconnect between the game and its fans. Todd greenberg is not a footy head, he is a d***head.

$700,000 a year for Greenturd! Make you sick.
I have much more faith in Fatty Richardson making decisions that are more in touch with what we fans want.
I never liked Gallop, 'The Undertaker' as I called him. But he at least ran the NRL on a budget that must have been one-fifth of what Smith, the Independent Commission etc currently costs.

Surely they wouldn't leave Greenburg in charge of something as important as negotiating broadcast rights. That's what the adults are there for. Greenberg is in charge of sweeping under carpets and covers up isn't he ??

Just on Gallop, did anyone read the article on Brian Waldron

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...s-out-on-salary-cap-saga-20150128-12zzqu.html

He had some damning things to say about The Goose Gallop. Hope we never see that humourless twerp anywhere near the admin of our game again.

$700K for Greenturd......you are kidding me are you not??

I think that would be wrong. I'd never employ him but the ceiling for his salary would be around $70K not $700K.

It all comes to the cost benefit analysis. What will he (or anyone) produce for me in revenue and what will it cost me to get that revenue?

Good employees are hard to find but if you get one you hold on like crazy to keep them.

So from what I know about Mr Greenberg would he be a good employee? I wonder.

He'd be on that sort of money, I did think $700k was way too much but would not surprise me if it was $300k or $400k

A LOT of money for an absolute fool!

No I think we are underestimating the ability of Greenturd to bring in cash from the scumbag, criminal element of town and the lowlife circles that he would associate in. After all he was associated with the Bulldogs board , a wretched hive of scum and villiany.

I think he is the man pushing this Parra - Manly thing in the papers feeding bull**** to Journo's he wants a sell out at Parramatta stadium first round. The whole thing stinks of his grubby hands. Its his style to try and manufacture bitter rivalry with lies.

Is it a ploy from Manly and DCE and Foz to hold off as long as possible to stop all the other clubs from finalizing their 2015 2016 salary caps as they are keeping funds available
Watch all the signing announcements when DCE and Foz Are settled

So we've allegedly offered them $3.3 million over 3 years and they allegedly haven't signed or agreed and are still negotiating. So just how much do they think they are worth ? Let them go if it isn't good enough fair dinkum.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4