KFC sues pub over 'Family Feast' trademark

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
KFC sues pub over 'Family Feast' trademark

Every Christmas, a remote pub in Northern England serves a traditional holiday meal consisting of pate, turkey, roast beef, trimmings and pudding, under its "Family Feast" menu.

According to reports on Thursday, however, American fast food giant Kentucky Fried Chicken is suing the Tan Hill Inn for trademark infringement over the company's own "Family Feast" — a cardboard box of fried chicken and french fries, coleslaw, potatoes, gravy and a 1.25L soft drink bottle.

"The solicitor told me I shouldn't take it personally, but I don't feel anything — it's just hilarious," the pub's manager, Tracy Daly, told The Times newspaper.

"They are a multi-million-pound international organisation and I am just a little lady up a mountain."

advertisement
The Tan Hill Inn is a remote pub along the Pennine Way hiking trail, and holds the unusual distinction of being England's highest pub, at 528m, and is 6.4km from a tiny North Yorkshire hamlet.

When the pub received a letter from the law firm Freshfields in London, Daly initially thought it was a late April Fool's joke.

Regardless, she said she is not going to back down, telling the paper that she had already had "two firms of solicitors offering to take our case for nothing."

A spokesman for KFC was quoted as saying in The Times: "'Family Feast' is a registered trademark of Kentucky Fried Chicken (Great Britain) Limited. KFC devotes significant resources to promoting and protecting its trademarks."

"This particular instance is being dealt with by our solicitors."

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4