Kerry sibraa gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly do you blokes and gals wonder why more folks from the mwse site never venture over here??  ::)     Injun territory......

Great debate and please keep it going! (as respectfully as it can given the subject matter).

But the Zimbabwe issue.......  :'(

However no one of us is perfect, we all make mistakes and sometimes change our views over time and it would be very interesting to discuss in private with Kerry Sibraa his views now about Mugabe and the last 30 odd years.

Anyone who puts themselves in a position of power or influence knows where the buck stops. Politicians in particular, and if they have spent years in government you can rest assured they have presided over many injustices.

As for foreign policy - I think it wasn’t until the late 90s that a lot of the atrocities came to light internationally? Probably another case of wilful blindness. A diplomatic post is a slightly different kettle of fish though, basically a high paid civil servant. Everyone knows the posts are frequently cushy jobs to reward retiring polies for their loyalty. Don’t know how relaxing the Harare post would have been though.

In any case, a quick google revealed some sickening info about Mugabe, here is one link but it is not pleasant reading

http://www.sokwanele.com/articles/supporting/nightmareofmugabesmatableatrocities_2may1997.html

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
As for foreign policy - I think it wasn’t until the late 90s that a lot of the atrocities came to light internationally?

Oh bull ****.  We watched the slaughter in the streets of Bulawayo in 1983 and saw the convoys of people being taken off the the death camps.  But that was just too soon after Sibraa and his mates had installed the megalomaniac to swallow their pride and admit they'd backed a monster.

And for the record I hope Sibraa reads this thread and feels shamed that he so recently accepted a diplomatic posting where he frequently dined and exchanged pleasantries with the ZANU PF elite.

Why was my post requesting that this thread be moved to the General Discussion Forum deleted because it now has nothing to do with Rugby League?

Jethro link said:
Why was my post requesting that this thread be moved to the General Discussion Forum deleted because it now has nothing to do with Rugby League?
  It does have something to do with rugby league.  The butcher's pup has just resigned from a board position with Manly and we're debating his legacy.

swoop link said:
Matabele, have you ever met Kerry Sibraa? Because if you haven't you've said some pretty harsh words without substance.

Federal politics have nothing to do with rugby league. You have to tow the party line whichever side of politics you're on. If Sibraa is guilty of that then every politician can be tarred with the same brush.

What's done in politics is not neccesarily the view of an individual in the real world.

Swoop has hit the nail on the head. I don't claim to know anything about Sibraa or Mugabe however in Sibraa’s role representing Australia, he was only representing party policy.

Matabele, you cannot hold this over Sibraa head even though I also understand your frustration and the lack of attention that Zimbabwe is receiving from foreign governments.

Australia is only small player in the polictal world sense and Zimbabwe has no oil reserves that would interest the leading nations to do the right thing by the people other than be heard saying the right things. This may be or may not be the right thing morally but that the way it just is.

The best political results achieved are those where we are told one thing publicly to appease the incumbent government or dictators as to not infuriate the leaders which would lead them to walk away from closed door discussions and or go on a genocide rage.

There is a lot of the behind the scenes manoeuvring in politics and much negotiation is done behind closed doors to which no one is privy other than those involved in the negotiation.

Australia, UK and the USA cannot always be the world police force, other nations need to step up and take responsibility especially many of the African nation in relation to Zimbabwe and other troubles in the region. 

Matabele link said:
It does have something to do with rugby league.  The butcher's pup has just resigned from a board position with Manly and we're debating his legacy.

What a load of crap Mata. Although I respect your views regarding Sibraa & Mugabe, a Rugby League forum is not the place to preach them. Again, your vitriolic views should not be here but if you do have to air them they should be at least in the General Discussion section.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=180566.msg225917#msg225917 date=1243945637]

It does have something to do with rugby league.  The butcher's pup has just resigned from a board position with Manly and we're debating his legacy.

What a load of crap Mata. Although I respect your views regarding Sibraa & Mugabe, a Rugby League forum is not the place to preach them. Again, your vitriolic views should not be here but if you do have to air them they should be at least in the General Discussion section.
[/quote]

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=180566.msg225916#msg225916 date=1243945108]
 It does have something to do with rugby league.  The butcher's pup has just resigned from a board position with Manly and we're debating his legacy.
[/quote]

What Sibraa did in politics has got nothing to do with rugby league. Have you got an agenda against the Delmege faction? You seem to be digging up old news to discredit them.

I don't know Sibraa or Max personally, only what I've read, but I'd be interested to hear what you know about these two and why you think they need to be ousted?

The course of this conversation has by and large been sidetracked. I will be looking to lock this thread if it does not change.

Matas, we are all well aware of you political position when it comes to many and anyone even remotely connected to that which has and is happening in Zimbabwe, and whilst it is ours, and in a global sense, everyone's issue, and if it is not, it should be. The place to voice this is not in a thread about something that should concern each and every Manly fan, and in a forum and thread which is about Rugby League.

I personally do not wish to join a debate with you about the injustices going on in your native land, I just do not have the knowledge on all the issues that will make the conversation worth while for you, but this does not mean I am sticking my head in the sand in regards to the issue, and would be happy for you to carry on any such conversations as long as they are factual and do not slander or defame anyone in the General Discussion forums, and in fact I encourage you to start a debate thread on the issue in the General Discussion Forum.

For now, this topic needs to turn back to the specific issue and topic from the original post or it will be locked in short time.

Dan

The Zanu PF freedom fighters were just in in 1983 and looked OK.  Can't remember the death camps being mentioned, but if you say so Mata, it must be right.  I can remember the death camps set up by the whitie's though, in South Africa, the Congo and elsewhere, and I dare say Smith had his.  I don't think Sibraa and his right wing mates would have backed Mugabe in his struggle with Smith at any time.  The right wing of the Labor party have no ideology, so they wouldn't have figured anything out on ideological grounds.  My bet is that they would have liked to have seen Smith win and white minority racist rule continue.  Sibraa was just the retiring guy who got the posting as a political reward so I shouldn't be blaming him for any alleged atrocities. 

I think there are clear parralels to Sibraa's involvement in Manly and Zimbabwe.  He clearly backed the wrong side and the rank and file will get screwed over it.  ;)

Parralels is a virtualisation software that lets Windows run on a Mac. Sibraa is a many talented man! ;)  ;D Thank you Fro, thank you ballboys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7