Kerry sibraa gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I Wish they would just both grow up and get on with whats at hand which is the running of the club as a team ff's is that to much to ****ing ask for geez I'm sick of all this in club fighting.

We have a premiership winning team still pretty much a great CEO and a great coach in Des good coaching staff and like let's just move forward as a club which is the best dam Rugby League Club in the World imo and the record breaking record shows 40 -Nil - WCC Champions.

At the end of the day guys this IS a boardroom powerplay....it happens in big business all the time, just ask the recently departed Sol (the Mexican whose last name I cannot spel) from Telstra...in effect the same situation, falls out of favour with some of the board and it's "onya bike old chapie".

I think Kerry's resignation (and statement) is as much about his disatisfaction with the way this is all being handled than anything.

The way I read Sibraa's letter is that the Football Club is upset about the loss of the power to Manly Sea Eagles limited and the paid employees. His main beef seems to be the formation of The Screaming Eagles and membership of that group to the detriment of the Football Club. It seems a subtle dig at Mayer, who it appears (from the Football Club point of view) is too big and powerful. He plays the keep Manly at Manly song (knowing that 75% vote of all members would be needed to change that) but does not say that at least two members of the board voted with Delmege for two games at Gosford for the next two years.

I commend him for his work in trying to get Federal Funding for Brookie and getting the State and Local bods on board.

His letter is classic powerplay

Quite strange really, Sibraa attempts to be on his high horse about the antics behind Delmege and Penn being out of hand. But he then goes on to add much more fuel to the fire.

Its all good to show what side of the fence he's on, but leave out the hypocritical BS thanks.

I think you are being hard on Sibraa.

My clear recollection of the original plan when Max saved the club was that the football club would use membership monies to buy back shares. Over the years this would generate a revenue base and result in ownership of the club returning to members.

If Penn and Mayer are able to sell screaming eagle membership packages then they get the benefit of the funds without sacrificing any ownership. Given the methods apparently used to achieve this goal then it is deceitful at best.

Just because Mayer has a beer with a number of members on this site and is obviously quite open in his discussions, I believe a number of people on this site have become too one eyed in their support of him. Mayer  has got increased sponsorship - so what - we are the premiers and that is his job. Why did nobody form the admin side of things pay with their job over the season launch debacle? What benefits / business acumen does Peter Peters bring to the board of the Leagues Club.

In say all of that - if Sibraas role was to get government funding then he should resign in any event. At a time when the Federal govt is spending squillions on infrastructure the fact that we can't get a loosey $10m is outrageous.

Sibraa has said in his letter he will continue as patron of the Football Club and also keep up the quest to get that Federal funding. He is standing down from being the Football Club rep on the board. Important that we don't allow his previous political association to colour his love for Manly, as that is not the issue.

Good riddance to Sibraa and his bloody hands.  He now has more time for fine dinners with his good mate the genocidal Mugabe.

I hope Kerry (who is a really nice man and is absolutly devoted to the Sea Eagles) doesn't read that last comment. It's very hard to find a bad word for the man for those that have met with him and talked to him many times.

Matabele link said:
Good riddance to Sibraa and his bloody hands.  He now has more time for fine dinners with his good mate the genocidal Mugabe.

Kerry Sibraa has held a long and distinguished career, he holds an Order of Australia (AO) and In 1997, the University of Southern Queensland awarded him an honorary doctorate for his services to international relations and to the Australian Parliament.
http://jacksonwells.com.au/Hon-Kerry-Sibraa.ashx

He is the Patron of the Manly club and has worked tirelessly for the supporters and the betterment of the club not least his efforts on raising funds from government to improve Brookvale Oval.

He was presented with a lifetime achievement award by the club at the players award night at Terry Hills last year and been appointed a Life Member of the Football Club

I have met Kerry and his wife many times and they are genuinely lovely people and I have never known anyone have a bad word for him.

We need more people like Kerry Sibraa
Shame on you Matabele......

No, shame on Kerry Sibraa.

Some human rights organisations estimate Mugabe has presided over the death of 8 million souls, worse than Pol Pot in Cambodia.  Here's just a small example of Sibraa's advocacy for the monster over a period of more than 30 years:

This from 1979:

"N.S.W. Senator Sibraa, one of the group of parliamentarians who recently visited Southern Africa argued that while the constitution of Zimbabwe-Rhodesia remains in its present form, the "Patriotic" Front will not acknowledge the present Government in Salisbury and there will be no peace. This is the same unreal attitude of the Fraser Government, which supports the Senator Sibraa thesis that if the Zimbabwe-Rhodesian constitution were changed to reduce substantially the influence of the whites, the "Patriotic" Front would then cooperate. Senator Sibraa says that he was told by members of the Front "they were prepared to negotiate on the constitution". The Senator is either extremely gullible or poorly informed. Joshua Nkomo and Robert Mugabe were given every opportunity to participate in the forming of the Zimbabwe-Rhodesia constitution, and refused to do so. The official position of the Fraser Government and the Labor opposition is now basically the same on Zimbabwe-Rhodesia. Both support a policy, which would lead to a complete collapse and a Marxist backed takeover. But there is no evidence that this policy is supported by the majority of the Australian people. Why not some democracy in Australia before pontificating on the alleged lack of it in Zimbabwe-Rhodesia?"

I wonder if people change their views on something over 30 years, I know I have. Are you going to drag up something I said in my mispent youth Matabele and drag it up 30 years later??

You certainly are entitled to your opinion, it's a democratic society, but you make comments about this man without (I asume) having ever met him or having ever spoken to him????

Kerry is a very humble, thoughfull and devoted Manly "Tragic" and deadset he has done more for this club than you (or I) will do in a lifetime, he's a fountain of knowledge and is a highly respected members of the Northern Beaches community.

As I said before I sincerly hope he never reads this post, it's one thing to bag someone for a vote they made in a boardroom but to bring this old stuff up and display it for all to see is very poor taste.

I have absolutly nothing against you Matabele, we have never (I don't think) "crossed swords" and I don't intend this to be the start of "bad blood" but I do need to say that it dissapoints me to read stuff like this on a football forum.

Let's move on to another topic please???

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I wonder if people change their views on something over 30 years, I know I have. Are you going to drag up something I said in my mispent youth Matabele and drag it up 30 years later??

You certainly are entitled to your opinion, it's a democratic society, but you make comments about this man without (I asume) having ever met him or having ever spoken to him????

Kerry is a very humble, thoughfull and devoted Manly \"Tragic\" and deadset he has done more for this club than you (or I) will do in a lifetime, he's a fountain of knowledge and is a highly respected members of the Northern Beaches community.

As I said before I sincerly hope he never reads this post, it's one thing to bag someone for a vote they made in a boardroom but to bring this old stuff up and display it for all to see is very poor taste.

I have absolutly nothing against you Matabele, we have never (I don't think) \"crossed swords\" and I don't intend this to be the start of \"bad blood\" but I do need to say that it dissapoints me to read stuff like this on a football forum.

Let's move on to another topic please???
  More recently he was the ambassador to Harare, so his nodding ascent to Mugabe's butchery is far more recent than 30 years.

I don't care what he has done for Manly, what I care about is he is not on public record apologising to the Matabele people who have been slaughtered from 1983 to thew present day. 

More's the pity that Mugabe is not the Marxist he originally claimed to be.  Let's talk about the white land grab and the enslavement of the black population prior to the ascent of the black man.  Smith's dead and so are his racist policies of the past.  We should all support the masses of every nation to overthrow their oppressors and take back what was unlawfully taken from them.  Long live the revolution. 

DSM5 link said:
More's the pity that Mugabe is not the Marxist he originally claimed to be.  Let's talk about the white land grab and the enslavement of the black population prior to the ascent of the black man. 
  Or perhaps we could talk about the land grab that took place under the southern Cross, the genocide of the indigenous population and the ongoing sufferance of the aborigines?

Matabele, have you ever met Kerry Sibraa? Because if you haven't you've said some pretty harsh words without substance.

Federal politics have nothing to do with rugby league. You have to tow the party line whichever side of politics you're on. If Sibraa is guilty of that then every politician can be tarred with the same brush.

What's done in politics is not neccesarily the view of an individual in the real world.

Couldn't agree more Matas.  It's a disgrace, land rights now and compensation for the Big Steal.  Platitudes and 'sorry' don't cut it for me and my brothers.  Arm the poor, and lets get it on.  

swoop link said:
Matabele, have you ever met Kerry Sibraa? Because if you haven't you've said some pretty harsh words without substance.

Federal politics have nothing to do with rugby league. You have to tow the party line whichever side of politics you're on. If Sibraa is guilty of that then every politician can be tarred with the same brush.

What's done in politics is not neccesarily the view of an individual in the real world.

And therein lies the problem with our political system and its politicians.

Maybe if we had a few politicians who were willing to stand up and speak for what they truely believe in then Australia and the world would be a better place.

It takes a certain type of person to be a politician.  

Certainly nothing like an honest front rower lawyer in training like Kingy.    

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6