Kenny Bloody Edwards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
willstyles link said:
11. Choc
12. Glenn
13. Rodney

14. Heath
15. Hall
16. Kingy
17. Rotational spot - Bailey/Jared/Whoever.

I really think the signing of Rodney is a good one, if his body holds up. He was a talented bugger at Penrith, in a Premiership-winning team. He's a good lock, loves to tackle. Suits Dessie's gameplan, hard-worker etc.
so ure basically sayin his a better model of Cougar if thats the case des has done well.

I honestly dont worry too much about these blokes we sign who are fringe players, i know fans of other clubs jump up and down and demand their club sign stars but des has proved he has the ability to develop fringe first graders in to quality players.
How long is the list????
Byrant
Hall
Robbo
Wolfman
Matai (who was basically a park player)

Fro link said:
Will what has Hall done to deserve losing his starting spot?
i agree on that one. Hall was outstanding in the finals however i think maybe if rodney excells des will revert to using hall as a prop

Hall has been one of our best forwards throughout the last half of the season.  Tough and go forward.  His handling has improved and he can bust a tackle.  he seems committed to our cause as well, didn't he play for not much to prove his worth?  And he did.  I'm not a Rodney fan.  A dumb **** imo, and haven't we already got one?

Fro link said:
Will what has Hall done to deserve losing his starting spot?

I like him off the bench. Capable of playing prop and backrow. Huge unit capable of bringing some power into the game and keep the momentum up. Honestly, he was brilliant for us in the finals, and he would do very well starting, but I think sometimes you need to find a good balance with your bench and Hall helps that. My only problem with Rodney starting over hall is that it makes our backrow smaller, but that didn't trouble us all that much last year.

Gruggy link said:
[quote author=Cliffy Gc link=topic=179018.msg205003#msg205003 date=1231472493]
[so ure basically sayin his a better model of Cougar if thats the case des has done well.

No one is better than Cougar.

[/quote] If we're talking about honest plodders.

I actually liked Cougar, and he does the DVD of the season's highlights well.  BUT, our team throughout the finals and into the GF was the better without him.  Mata is right, he was an 'honest plodder' and defensively he couldn't be faulted, but with the ball in hand, definitely ordinary.  I think he'll struggle in the ESL as it's a faster game than here, and he was never the quickest player on the paddock.  All that said, I rate him, and he seemed like a nice guy.

Fro link said:
I love the way this guy was supposed to be our next superstar, now all of a sudden he is the lovechild of Osama Bin Laden and Germaine Greer :)

And everyone knows someone who heard from someone whos cousins vet knew something..... ;)

I can't give you details of the things he did but the club gave him a number of warnings.

I can also tell you that after the Tigers went to all the expense of bringing him over from NZ putting him thru Senior, they sacked even though he had just made the Aust Schoolboys side. Again for a host of disciplinary reasons.

That's when Crusher recruited him. At the time he was playing in the centres. When he arrived at Manly he had put on an extra 18 kgs and so that is why Manly put him in the sec row. Hasler did not like his attitude to training and also the unsavioury incident in the Broncos Match where he ran 30 metres to throw a punch.

When Manly ripped up his contract Melbournewere going to sign him , but after they did some checks with the 2 host families at Manly they withdrew their offer.

willstyles link said:
11. Choc
12. Glenn
13. Rodney

14. Heath
15. Hall
16. Kingy

I really think the signing of Rodney is a good one, if his body holds up. He was a talented bugger at Penrith, in a Premiership-winning team. He's a good lock, loves to tackle. Suits Dessie's gameplan, hard-worker etc.

Cuthbo?

ERNIE FOR NO7 link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=179018.msg204984#msg204984 date=1231461643]
I love the way this guy was supposed to be our next superstar, now all of a sudden he is the lovechild of Osama Bin Laden and Germaine Greer :)

And everyone knows someone who heard from someone whos cousins vet knew something..... ;)

I can't give you details of the things he did but the club gave him a number of warnings.

I can also tell you that after the Tigers went to all the expense of bringing him over from NZ putting him thru Senior, they sacked even though he had just made the Aust Schoolboys side. Again for a host of disciplinary reasons.

That's when Crusher recruited him. At the time he was playing in the centres. When he arrived at Manly he had put on an extra 18 kgs and so that is why Manly put him in the sec row. Hasler did not like his attitude to training and also the unsavioury incident in the Broncos Match where he ran 30 metres to throw a punch.

When Manly ripped up his contract Melbournewere going to sign him , but after they did some checks with the 2 host families at Manly they withdrew their offer.
[/quote]
ernie i dont doubt you.
But u are wrong on one count
he came to manly as a prop, thats where he played for aus schoolboys and keebra in 2007

Fro link said:

Putting someone in the company of that evil lowlife character is a rather nasty thing to do Fro.

I mean what did Osama ever do to you ?

ernie i dont doubt you.
But u are wrong on one count
he came to manly as a prop, thats where he played for aus schoolboys and keebra in 2007
[/quote]

He played centre for Keebra Park. I watched him play a number of times. He marked up against my 75kg son in an Arrive Alive Cup game. He did play sec row for Aust Sec Schoolboys because the South Coast Schools rep team picked him there at the state carnival.

Wests Tigers cut him towards the end of the season before actually played fro Aust but after he was selected for that team. Thats when Manly signed him. Anyway he put on considerable weight between signing for Manly and arriving at the first Narabeen session.

He never tried to reduce his weight or tried to get fit. The last Home Stay family didn't have room in the bins each week with all the KFC and flavoured milk containers he would bring home and that was on top of eating their meals.

SilentBob link said:
[quote author=willstyles link=topic=179018.msg204999#msg204999 date=1231470911]
11. Choc
12. Glenn
13. Rodney

14. Heath
15. Hall
16. Kingy

Cuthbo?
[/quote]

#17.

Can't see him anywhere but the bench. Which leaves Bailey in reserves.

Mata, same question to you.  Why do you think Cuthbo will have a great season?  I think he might struggle to get a game.

DSM5 link said:
Mata, same question to you.  Why do you think Cuthbo will have a great season?  I think he might struggle to get a game.
  I can't accept he'll languish behind a one-season wonder in Rodney who also has a dodgy neck.  Rodney reminds me of Vaeleki 12 months ago.  So for mine there's 2 spots available on the bench for him before we even consider the impact of rep games and injury.

And being 18th man for a Premiership must be a bitterly painful experience.  He has motivation for 09 that the whole team had in 08.  Had he been a sook he'd have taken the money on offer from the Wogs.  He hasn't so I expect he's busting himself in pres-season ready to make amends with the club he supported as a boy.

I think you'll be proved right regarding Rodney, who I don't rate at all.  Four forwards on the bench?  Maybe.  I think there's potential in Cuthbo but his defense must tighten up.  Laterally he struggled in 08.  With a good preseason behind him and coaching what about lock?  And where abouts is Bailey?  5/8th? and push Lyon to centre (his best position)  Lots of choices and all looking good.    Nobody in their right mind would go to the Dogs, bottom feeders again in 09

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8