Kelly?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader
The club official who needs to watch his back, closely

One club official best watch his step after falling foul of a rugby league legend.

The great is not to be messed with and is known for getting his own way, especially when it comes to hiring and firing at his club.

Plenty have copped the bullet in recent times and it would not surprise to see the gun loaded again at this particular official.

http://www.sportingnews.com/list/47...ark-horse-gunning-to-land-james-tamou/slide/4

Seems to fit

Penrith.....though I wouldn't describe Gould as a great

Well if it his him...let it be. After all, it's a results driven business out there.

His results include signing Burgo and some nice computer graphics of 25-30 storey buildings behind a pretend stadium - that looked more like Stanford Bridge, than anything that will ever rise above Pittwater Road at Brookvale.

Surprised it's taken this long.

Edit: And I don't mean his incompetence, I just think Bozo would be an impossible person to work with for a CEO.

Last edited:
Bozo is a my way or the highway guy. That has its advantages and disadvantages. Make no mistake this current team is very much his one and hopefully the team gets it right.

We need a dynamic CEO but whoever that is has to be aligned to the Penn's! This is a crucial time for our club. Some very big decisions are going to be made in the next year in relation to where our club is heading. Interesting times.

What they need to replace Joke Elly is somebody who is passionate about Manly - like an ex player, ideally somebody who was captain and maybe even coach - who also has business smarts - like a Chartered Accountant who has been on boards...

Then again, John Hopoate is available.

Tough decision.

Nah they'll pick someone who fits it exactly with their regime, probably Jack Elsegood or the like.

I think your on the right track. They will not want somebody with an opinion on football, they will go with a traditional CEO that manages business, crunches numbers, negotiates with sponsors and keeps the fu== out of fultons way on football matters.

What they need to replace Joke Elly is somebody who is passionate about Manly - like an ex player, ideally somebody who was captain and maybe even coach - who also has business smarts - like a Chartered Accountant who has been on boards...

Then again, John Hopoate is available.

Tough decision.
That could serve as the basis of an alternative history novel. One where the fallen hero returns, his enemies meet nasty fates, he rebuilds the outfit in his image. He then works cooperatively with all levels of government to build a better Brookvale Oval - that sort of thing.

lol I doubt they'd label a CEO a "club official". Also he is a Penn hire. They're all in it together.

If it's Manly its someone lower down. Why not Zorba.

lol I doubt they'd label a CEO a "club official". Also he is a Penn hire. They're all in it together.

If it's Manly its someone lower down. Why not Zorba.

I actually thought exactly the same thing initially, but Zorba is in "the family" so I doubt even Bozo would take him on.

:mm:....I wonder who meets this criteria?! I think you could be right.

I actually thought exactly the same thing initially, but Zorba is in "the family" so I doubt even Bozo would take him on.
I think Zobo would end his current engagement before he tried to shove Borza down the Deep Creek garbage chute.

Then again, maybe Bozo has drawn the same conclusion as Hasler did back in 2010/11, that Zorba is a useless appendage. Especially now that the latter's little coterie of sulking mates, i.e. "welcome to the circle jerk, grab a dick," is breaking up.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6