Kelly optimistic with Foran and DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I tend to agree with all that too. He has qualities beyond his great skills that can't be taught. The toughness, the will to win. He is the opposite of someone like Sutton or even Tony Williams who have attributes they don't convert into greatness. In short he is someone others want to play with and I'm sure he gives his teammates great confidence.

Its really about " do they both want to stay", the dollars will take care of themselves.

I fear that Foz will see heading to the Warriors and partnering with Johnson as a bigger challenge than staying where he is.

Just hope we know soon as we are all totally sick of the constant discussion on the issue.

Well I am at least!!

Last edited:
Its really about " do they both wanting to stay", the dollars will take care of themselves.

I fear that Foz will see heading to the Warriors and partnering with Johnson as a bigger challenge than staying where he is.

Just hope we know soon as we are all totally sick of the constant discussion on the issue.

Well I am at least!!
oh no Mark,you are not alone here mate believe me

I'll be shocked if we lost both.

I'll be amazed if we retain both.

For mine, Cherry to stay , Fozzie most likely to go ( Warriors)

The Foran to the Warriors stuff makes Johnson sound like the halfback equivalent of Brad Arthur. One crap tournament together and suddenly he's he best out there and players are going ga ga over the chance to play with him.

There we some quotes a while back from Foran (can't be bothered trawling the net for them) that could be construed as him not wanting to pack up his young family and move across the ditch. I just don't think at this stage of his career, and with said young family, that he would risk packing everything up and moving a million miles away.

So many players have gone across the ditch over the years and flopped; it's a big risk. I also think that Foran playing for the Kiwi's helps our cause; he knows he can satisfy the desire to represent "his people" and play alongside guys like Johnson and Bromwich for a match here and there each season. Unlike the majority of NRL players, he doesn't need to pack up his whole life and move away to have that opportunity.

SEA Eagles chief executive Joe Kelly wants to have the futures of star halves Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans finalised by the kick-off of the NRL season at the beginning of March.

“There is no news in Daly and Cherry just yet,” Kelly said.

"Both managers are away at the moment but that dialogue will start again next week.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/manly-sea-eagles-want-halves-pairing-re-signed-before-2015-season-kick-off/story-e6frf3ru-1227178739804

Is this a Freudian slip? "...no news of 'Daly and Cherry' just yet." Maybe that could mean there is news, good or bad, about Foran.

Let the speculation begin!

Yet another story this morning in The Australian about Kieran likely to go to Doesn'tmatta in 2016. The journo, Dan Koch, says the Eels have $1.2-M to spend, with Hayne leaving and Sandow unlikely to be retained next season. Koch assets that losing Foran (and probably Matai) would be the end of Manly's dominance.
As good as he is I think that Koch is overstating the worth of Kieran, and I'd be confident the club would be able to adapt and still be a force.

Yet another story this morning in The Australian about Kieran likely to go to Doesn'tmatta in 2016. The journo, Dan Koch, says the Eels have $1.2-M to spend, with Hayne leaving and Sandow unlikely to be retained next season. Koch assets that losing Foran (and probably Matai) would be the end of Manly's dominance.
As good as he is I think that Koch is overstating the worth of Kieran, and I'd be confident the club would be able to adapt and still be a force.

I don't get the math here. Yeah they had a ton of cash after Hayne left but they signed Choc plus some filler using it all up (that's what was reported at the time).

Now the balance has apparently reset and all the money is back so is Choc such a big fan of Arthur that he's playing for free? It doesn't really add up (not that adding up ever mattered when it came to the salary crap)...

So if Parra let Sandow go to sign Foran than it must mean that eh will play half at Parra with Nornan 5/8.

Foran is not a half back and he must really be looking forward to playing with Norman as his 5/8

Could damage Foran's career playing half especially at parra

Both of them basically said that they need to look after their families and if that means leaving Manly then so be it. Overall not good.

The whole debate is old, its pretty bloody simple. The club puts forward an offer and they make a decision. Hate how this is dragging on and on. Love both players and want them to stay but it needs to be done one way or another, what are you waiting for boys???

How about Merrin from the Dragons
Apparently they offered him $650k a year (the biggest offer to any forward in their history) and he said not enough

I wouldn't say it's worse winnyason.

As usual, it's very non committal. Statements like "I will never leave Manly" just weaken Daly's position to negotiate as large a contract as possible. If I was him, I'd be saying the same even if deep down I knew I was never going to leave.

Like everyone, I'd like to see them both stay and stay long term. I'd like it sorted straight away. But it's not up to me or any of us here. All we can do is wait. Which is pretty tough when we love our team so much and can all we can do is stand on the other side of the fence peering in.

At times like these, indifference seems pretty attractive. If only I had the ability to be that way.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6