Kelly Clarkson gets an eyeful of NRL idols

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Kelly Clarkson gets an eyeful of NRL idols

Kathy McCabe The Daily Telegraph September 28, 2011

6189739629_69c8cda49f_z.jpg

THE men of the NRL grand final have already won Kelly Clarkson's heart regardless of Sunday's result.

With the American Idol survivor headlining the pre-match entertainment at ANZ Stadium, she cast an eye over the talent from the Warriors and Sea Eagles yesterday.

She may be a football fan from Texas but it wasn't their on-field prowess that caught Clarkson's eye.

"Oh my goodness, are they all this frickin' cute?" she exclaimed as she checked out photos of some of the finest specimens from each club.

Even though Manly's David Williams is out of action, she couldn't help raving about the Wolfman.

Kelly Clarkson
New laws to target anti-social behaviour
"He's hot! My goodness, he's gorgeous. Look at that facial hair, I will put my hands all over that. He's adorable," she shrieked.

The Warriors' Kevin Locke also scored more than a few appreciative comments but, ultimately, it was everyone's man of the moment - winger Will Hopoate - who Clarkson cited as the "hottest" player to take the field in Sunday's big match.

"He's handsome! I like him, that's an awesome name as well. I want to be Kelly Hopoate," she said.

Clarkson isn't a complete rugby league novice, having cut her teeth on the game eight years ago when she performed at the 2003 grand final and later watched on from the stands with her mother as Penrith beat the Roosters.

She clearly remembers singing her debut single Miss Independent to the biggest live crowd of her young career. "It was so cool people liked the song even though my season of Idol wasn't shown over here," she said.

And the mutual admiration society between her and Australia has continued, with regular appearances in the upper echelons of our singles and album chart.

At this year's match, she will sing her latest single Mr Know It All from Stronger, her fifth album in 10 years.

The song isn't so much about an ex-boyfriend than directed at those who tried to command her career as she fought to find her own way after winning the first season of American Idol in 2002.

"I definitely dated a Mr Know-It-All unfortunately, but when I first heard the song, it was more about the fact I have worked with people in the business who are like that, people who think they know everything and I know nothing, which is annoying," she said.

Clarkson will also mentor finalists on that other television talent quest, The X Factor, tonight to promote the latest album's release on October 21.

She will return to Australia to tour in mid-2012.

485757-kelly-clarkson.jpg

Facial hair, urk. Catches all the microbes and other twenty legged scary things and hides them around the mouth. My tip to you; avoid kissing good sorts with beards.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2