Keiren Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
in 2003
Stewy played
SG Ball
Flegg
reggies
and 1 game of NRL (remember he did his shoulder trying to tackle Killer when he played for the blue and gold scum)

so again pretty much like Foran, but the structure of the comp is now different.

Under 20's >> NRL in one year.....

Dan I think you're saying he hasn't had the same impact Brett did though, but you qualify that by saying this season is his equivalent to Snake's 2003 season?

Snake played like 4 minutes of first grade that year because Jamie Lyon trampled him. I think in terms of their debut NRL seasons Foran is having a much bigger impact than Snake did.

Whether he'll have as good a second year might take a while to see. Another full pre-season and we'll have a better idea of how much improvement he has in him.

But don't be foolish - Foran is a very talented young player. Remember he only turned 19 a month ago. He's extremely green, but the traits he has shown in first grade (defence, willingness to get involved, being in the right place at the right time) are good starts. Halves don't develop straight away....it takes years to learn how to properly control a game. Beaver wasn't a 5/8 and never had the skills of a 5/8, but by the end of his career he'd played so much footy that he read the game like one. For the halves, development takes that little bit longer. And he's only 19!

We'd be mad to let him go, although it would never be a club decision. They'll do everything in their powers to keep him.

willstyles link said:
Dan I think you're saying he hasn't had the same impact Brett did though, but you qualify that by saying this season is his equivalent to Snake's 2003 season?

Snake played like 4 minutes of first grade that year because Jamie Lyon trampled him. I think in terms of their debut NRL seasons Foran is having a much bigger impact than Snake did.

Whether he'll have as good a second year might take a while to see. Another full pre-season and we'll have a better idea of how much improvement he has in him.

But don't be foolish - Foran is a very talented young player. Remember he only turned 19 a month ago. He's extremely green, but the traits he has shown in first grade (defence, willingness to get involved, being in the right place at the right time) are good starts. Halves don't develop straight away....it takes years to learn how to properly control a game. Beaver wasn't a 5/8 and never had the skills of a 5/8, but by the end of his career he'd played so much footy that he read the game like one. For the halves, development takes that little bit longer. And he's only 19!

We'd be mad to let him go, although it would never be a club decision. They'll do everything in their powers to keep him.

No what I am saying is that Foran has pretty much as many wraps on him as Brett Stewart and Cuthbo had on him.

There is a history of people putting their eggs in the hopeful basket a lot.

CIG seems to disagree with that, on some form of very minor technicality as usual, then goes ahead and validates the very point I made

Fluffy link said:
cuthbo didnt get the wraps until he was tearing up reggies

he got plenty of wraps from some before reggies when he played SG etc

Dan link said:
[quote author=willstyles link=topic=181326.msg236434#msg236434 date=1250043158]

No what I am saying is that Foran has pretty much as many wraps on him as Brett Stewart and Cuthbo had on him.

CIG seems to disagree with that, on some form of very minor technicality as usual, then goes ahead and validates the very point I made
[/quote]

As usual? Pre- first grade debut, Stewart had more wraps on him that Foran, in my opinion. End of.

Dan link said:

No disagreement from me there. It's a tough step moving from 20s to first grade, but Foran has shown plenty in the top grade.

I would say Snake probably had more raps on him than Foran, but that would have a lot to do with the fact that we were a shocking team in that period and having a bright young star coming into that team was a huge thing. We're a very good team these days, there's less hype about a rookie coming into a champion team than there is a rookie coming into a horrible team...

No disagreement there, will.

Not only that, those junior teams didn't have anyone of not, bar Snake and Choc, compared to our current 20's having much more quality in it.

CliffyIsGod link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=181326.msg236437#msg236437 date=1250043549]
[quote author=willstyles link=topic=181326.msg236434#msg236434 date=1250043158]

[/quote]

As usual? Pre- first grade debut, Stewart had more wraps on him that Foran, in my opinion. End of.
[/quote]

yes as usual...on a minor technicality. its like arguing with a teenager

Ryan link said:
I don't mean this to sound racist in any way whatsoever, but I find the Kiwi's that come to Australia to play NRL have the lowest loyalty count of any sport - so I find Kieran's comments not surprising. They come over to get the biggest buck, in the shortest time - without affinity for a clubs brand, or their fans.

You won't find a Kiwi version of Steve Menzies in Australia - put it that way.

I know that's generalising, but I think it to be correct.

Just like JWH, if The Roosters offer Keiran $10- more to play for them a year, and turn his back quicker on Manly faster than you can say salary cap.

LOL, 1 of your weirdest ever arguments Ryan

How many Australian versions of Steve Menzies do you see running around at the moment mate ? It is just the way pro sport is these days

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=181326.msg236339#msg236339 date=1249985695]
I don't mean this to sound racist in any way whatsoever, but I find the Kiwi's that come to Australia to play NRL have the lowest loyalty count of any sport - so I find Kieran's comments not surprising. They come over to get the biggest buck, in the shortest time - without affinity for a clubs brand, or their fans.

You won't find a Kiwi version of Steve Menzies in Australia - put it that way.

I know that's generalising, but I think it to be correct.

Just like JWH, if The Roosters offer Keiran $10- more to play for them a year, and turn his back quicker on Manly faster than you can say salary cap.

LOL, 1 of your weirdest ever arguments Ryan

How many Australian versions of Steve Menzies do you see running around at the moment mate ? It is just the way pro sport is these days
[/quote]

I know - and re-reading it today does make it read a bit weird. I guess I'm just saying that I hope he commits to Manly, but because he has no ties here (maybe that sounds better), I don't really hold any hopes for it.

BUT, I may have been harsh - it really is a sport thing. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, and sign a longer term deal??

CliffyIsGod link said:

Not only that, those junior teams didn't have anyone of not, bar Snake and Choc, compared to our current 20's having much more quality in it.

Jason King was in that team too  ;)

nita link said:
[quote author=CliffyIsGod link=topic=181326.msg236459#msg236459 date=1250048948]

Jason King was in that team too  ;)
[/quote]

Was he notable or not ?

IMO.. At that point in time BSS > Choc > Meaney > King

When they're that age it's much easier for a centre (meaney) to look like a world beater than a prop like King, though.

Kingy was sensational in the junior teams.  He just had to tone back his strength and agression so as not to hurt the other team. 

He is like a fine wine.  He gets better with age. 

kingyfan link said:
Kingy was sensational in the junior teams.  He just had to tone back his strength and agression so as not to hurt the other team. 

He is like a fine wine.  He gets better with age. 

I think you mean he's like a fine wine aged in an upright position and never rotated.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6