Keep Grant Mayer as CEO of Manly Sea Eagles PETITION

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
http://www.petitiononline.com/manlyno1/petition.html

To:  Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Board

To the Board of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles

We as the fans of the Sea Eagles petition you to reconsider and extend the contract of Grant Mayer beyond this season 2009

You voted against renewing CEO Grant Mayer's contract, this is a man who without a doubt has been the best administrator this club has seen since Ken Arthurson himself. A CEO who in the middle of a Global Economic crisis has secured 2 multi-million dollar sponsorship arrangements for the club. Not an easy task when we are in the NRLs most saturated market.
He can handle the media with ease and has the passion for the club and dosent treat it as just a job

So Implore you as the Directors of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited
* Scott Penn (Chairman and co-owner)
* Kerry Sibraa (Football Club appointee)
* Philip Dean (Football Club appointee)
* Max Delmege (Delmege appointee)
* Brett Delmege (Delmege appointee)
* Rick Penn (Penn Sport appointee)
* Peter Spray (Manly League Club appointee)

to reconsider your stance and appoint Mr Mayer long term

Sincerely,

I have started an online petition as stated above
the link is
http://www.petitiononline.com/manlyno1/petition.html

please sign it and can someone also post it at MSE as well

*my last petition got over 2700* we can beat that cant we
spread the word

How can we sign a petition when we do not why the FC voted against Mayer?

Don't forget that the FC board includes Geoff Toovey, Des Haslers' right hand man when it comes to the NRL side. It may be reasonable to assume that the elected FC members to MWSE voted in accordance with both the authority and knowledge of their own board.

Corso_Pete link said:
How can we sign a petition when we do not why the FC voted against Mayer?

Don't forget that the FC board includes Geoff Toovey, Des Haslers' right hand man when it comes to the NRL side. It may be reasonable to assume that the elected FC members to MWSE voted in accordance with both the authority and knowledge of their own board.
  In which case they should have no problem explaining their rationale, surely?

Pete is suggesting that there could be a good reason for his removal that we don't know about.  This is of course possible, but if there is one would think there would be few reasons that couldn't be covered off with a simple statement from the FC Board?

It's not as though he has been kiddie fiddling and is under some kind of protection order.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
either you wan't Mayer retained or not
if you don't don't sign it

For all I know he may have had an affair with Max's wife or the FC board have affadvits from Bluetongue Stadium that cast Mayer as a dominant mover in relocation.  Until we know the full story as to why the FC voted against Mayer any petition at this stage is absolutely worthless and based on what he done (which in my opinion is good) or what he may have planned to do.

When I and other members receive that explanation from the FC board please feel free to post another petition, I may well be the first to sign it, but at the moment any half intelligent, unaligned fan would be mad to sign at this stage.

I have no option than to be confident that they will, because quite simply if they don't it would be hard to imagine that any member of the current FC board (this is not about Deans & Sibraa) will be re-elected at the next AGM.

For me personally to vote against Geoff Toovey will be heartbreaking. I have the most enormous respect for Tooves, he will always be one of most my favoured Manly players, his coaching career has been very good to this point of time his courage has inspired my wife and unlike most ex-footballers he has plenty of grey matter between his ears.

If nothing else I am naive enough to think that Toovey has enough respect, not only to the members but also the supporters to encourage the board to provide an explanation.

Corso_Pete link said:
I have no option than to be confident that they will, because quite simply if they don't it would be hard to imagine that any member of the current FC board (this is not about Deans & Sibraa) will be re-elected at the next AGM.

For me personally to vote against Geoff Toovey will be heartbreaking. I have the most enormous respect for Tooves, he will always be one of most my favoured Manly players, his coaching career has been very good to this point of time his courage has inspired my wife and unlike most ex-footballers he has plenty of grey matter between his ears.

If nothing else I am naive enough to think that Toovey has enough respect, not only to the members but also the supporters to encourage the board to provide an explanation.
  It is of course possible that Toovey was excluded from recent machinations.  A lot of things go into hiatus over the Xmas/New Year period and in that environment unilateral agendas grow root. 

Geoff Toovey is not part of the 7 person board of Manly Warringah Ltd, he is on the Football Club board. They elect two representatives who are Kerry Sibraa and Phillip Dean. They are two of the five who voted against reappointing Grant Mayer, supposedly on the grounds that he did not come up with what was required as far as plans into the future.

Canteen Worker link said:
Geoff Toovey is not part of the 7 person board of Manly Warringah Ltd, he is on the Football Club board. They elect two representatives who are Kerry Sibraa and Phillip Dean. They are two of the five who voted against reappointing Grant Mayer, supposedly on the grounds that he did not come up with what was required as far as plans into the future.
  And some are saying that Dean and Sibraa voted this way at the behest of the 7 man FC Board.  This remains to be confirmed.

I wonder if Toovey agreed to the slap of the face given to the man he works so closely with, Hasler?

Matabele link said:
And some are saying that Dean and Sibraa voted this way at the behest of the 7 man FC Board.  This remains to be confirmed.

It goes beyond the realms of my imagination that they have done nothing but act in according with at least the majority support of the FC board.

Matabele link said:
I wonder if Toovey agreed to the slap of the face given to the man he works so closely with, Hasler?

This just adds another sting to the tail, has Hasler's trusted & loyal offsider, Geoff Toovey been part of a board decision to place KPI's on Hasler. The conspiracy theorists might suggest it is part of a plan to have Toovey instilled as Head Coach.

"Majority" is the key word in your first statement Pete.

As for the second, I know you are playing devil's advocate and I think it would be drawing a long bow to suggest any traction on that theory unless Toovey is a very patient man.

Matabele link said:
\"Majority\" is the key word in your first statement Pete.

If it was not a majority decision and they acted without the consent of their own board it will be an absolute bloodbath at the AGM and that is assuming that ASICS have not already got them. As I said my imagination is not that wide that I could see that having occurred., which brings us back Geoff Toovey's role in this fiasco!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4