Kasiano cleared to play

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Moi moi was knocked out but there was no intent in that tackle you couldn't even call it careless. It was just one of those accidents that happen

Daniel said:
Moi moi was knocked out but there was no intent in that tackle you couldn't even call it careless. It was just one of those accidents that happen

We have a rule that the judiciary sometimes follows and other times doesnt follow.

That rule should be held to carry more weight than an interpretation of what the intent of the person was. Right or wrong in this instance matters not. Past incidents have attracted a penalty. This one should have aswell.

Good to see the tax payer funded pokie revenue being used.

Note to Stevie Matai: Heads are open slather Friday night.Oh **** no they' re not,unless we got some brown paper bags.

Was his arm just meant to vanish? That's like saying you should be charged if you fall into someone's knee.

well it should open a whole new range of biomechanic experts at the judiciary.

Whilst understanding the 'arm can't vanish' argument, at what point does the judiciary agree are acceptable time frames v distance?

Is it 50cm in 0.4 seconds as was this case, 60 in 0.8? What about reflex tests? A halfback has quicker reflex's than a forward usually.

etc
etc

Sometimes it's better to go, listen, it may have been an accident but have a week on the sideline.

Kite got rubbed for a week or 2 in 09 or 10 for the same thing, hitting a guy on the head who fell into it, didnt break his jaw though.

What else was T-rex supposed to do when he got rubbed for 7 weeks? No intent, less chance to change things and result on player a lot less.

Manly loading goes both ways

Kiwi Eagle said:
Brissie Kid said:
So why then was T-Rex penalised in Origin 3 for the tackle on Cooper when he slipped? Maroons got 2 points from that & won by 1. Tonight's decision means the Blues should have won.

Kasiano was penalized in the game, same as T Rex. Neither played was suspended over the tackles. Identical result
That

I initially thought the penalty was sufficient, but thought I should look at it as the judiciary would. I think the contact was accidental and the 2 grading was a bit harsh. That being said, any contact with the head is usually punished. A grade 1 careless high tackle would have been adequate, which is 75 points and not a suspension on it's own. However, I believe he has 45 carry over points, which takes him to 120 points and a one week suspension.

I think this would probably have been a fair result. No suspension on it's own, but given carry over points, he should have got a week.

I'm glad he'll be playing. I think he offers some problems for them in and around the ruck. His defense isn't terribly good and he's not that mobile. That said, he runs the blocking play for defenders when they attack the line along with Pritchard. Hopefully the idiots in pink will see that illegal play, though I doubt it. The real problem for us is those same two in the middle.

That, and Ennis's forward passes off the ruck. They are so obvious, though rarely penalized.

Their set move of the double wrap around or the block for Barba is so obvious when they start setting up for it. Off of a scrum they start setting up for it usually from the second play and run it on the 3rd tackle.

They take two runs to the right to get themselves to the right of the uprights and then they run the blockers towards the post.

It may be hard to defend but usually Pritchard and Kasiano moving into a wider position is the dead give away.

If we look for it we should defend it well. We need to bring players in from the left edge to defend, freeing up man on man defense to our left with a possible extra.

Wolfman needs to stay out on his wing and Lyon needs to come up to meet Morris whilst the inside defenders keep an eye out for Barba trying to go himself with Lyon moving up

Daniel said:
If we look for it we should defend it well. We need to bring players in from the left edge to defend, freeing up man on man defense to our left with a possible extra.

Wolfman needs to stay out on his wing and Lyon needs to come up to meet Morris whilst the inside defenders keep an eye out for Barba trying to go himself with Lyon moving up

Agree Wolfie has to stay out on the wing - Lyon reads plays so well. And on the other side it applies even more to Jorge. At least we have Matai back - if Buhrer was out there again it could be over. No Glenn (probably) for the clean up work up the middle is the other worry.

Daniel said:

Daniel said:
Was his arm just meant to vanish? That's like saying you should be charged if you fall into someone's knee.

Even if there is no intent he still knocked a bloke out in a tackle with contact to the head.

There's no intent to hit a bloke in head with a shoulder charge either but sometimes they creep up there and they've been rubbing players out for that.

Stevo said:
Daniel said:

Daniel said:

Even if there is no intent he still knocked a bloke out in a tackle with contact to the head.

There's no intent to hit a bloke in head with a shoulder charge either but sometimes they creep up there and they've been rubbing players out for that.

Moi Moi's head was at about thigh height when contact was made. a 100+ kg bloke falls hard and fast, and a big bloke cant move his arm that fast.

Saying that he should have been rubbed out because a guy was knocked out is weak. What if he fell into Kasiano's knee, same result, should he be suspended?

pffft, an arm moves faster and in more directions than a knee.

becoming a bit straw man there.

globaleagle said:
pffft, an arm moves faster and in more directions than a knee.

becoming a bit straw man there.

It sure may move faster but only a Ninja would have been able to get his hand out of the way of Moi Mou, does Kasiano look like a ninja?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6