1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Karmichael Hunt to AFL?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Central Coast Eagle, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Central Coast Eagle

Central Coast Eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 2
    Just reported on today K Hunt is going to sign with the new Gold Coast AFL club!

2. missing_something

missing_something Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    very strange

3. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
  4. Zep

Zep Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    It is clear the K Hunt was after a shorter amount of fabric on the shorts.

5. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 1
    This is bad news for Rugby League. Especially if he is successful

6. reyam

reyam Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
                Yeah we were told the sky was going to fall in when players went to union now this.I say big deal

7. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A big part of the AFL game is kicking so it will be interesting to see how he goes give him 12 months in that code and he may wish he was still playing League.

8. clontaago

Ratings:
    +148 / 1
    Union has never and will never be a major threat to League at club level because there is no decent week in week out competition.

You are burying your head in the sand if you believe AFL isnt a real threat to our code. Parents are shying away from junior league and sending their kids to play AFL for many, many reasons.

9. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Agree AFL is slowly becoming a threat to Rugby League. What now with a side on the gold coast and they want to put in a second Sydney club and geez i hope they never get the idea to place a team up at the central coast ff's

10. clontaago

Ratings:
    +148 / 1
    The AFL model and administration is far superior to that of league.

They have very strategic, long term plans in place and run the game at a much higher level than the NRL. With Gallop in charge though that's no great surprise.

11. missing_something

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is such a difference between the top and bottom clubs in the AFL they don't have enough good players at present, let alone enough to successfully expand.

12. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    How much will they pay him? With the size of the AFL playing rosters I can't believe that he couldn't earn more playing RU in France or Japan. Maybe staying local was a big consideration. All I can say is WOW!

13. Cletus

Cletus Active Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    It's a bit of a coup for the AFL. I'd imagine they'd be offering him up to a million to change, probably exempt from their salary cap because it's a new franchise. I just hope it doesn't take too many young fans away from the Titans.
    It'll be interesting to see how he goes. He'll probably do pretty well since he can take marks and kick already. It doesn't look like the hardest game to master but he'll have to change his tackling style, no shoulder charges in AFL!

14. missing_something

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The only thing thats going to take fans away from the titans is the ticket prices.

15. Cletus

Cletus Active Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Maybe Orford should give it a go, he has an uncanny ability to hit players on the chest with his kicks ;).

16. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    There are plenty of K Hunts playing AFL, particulary if they come from Vic or SA

17. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    He better learn how to continuously drop the ball, miss tackles and generally look disorganised and confused. 

This will make me watch maybe half a game of AFL!!!

18. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,744 / 258
    Yawn...who cares!!

Turn the light out as you close the door Karmichael.

19. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    I will watch the other half of that game. Then we are both done.