Karmichael Hunt to AFL?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
clontaago link said:
This is bad news for Rugby League. Especially if he is successful
            Yeah we were told the sky was going to fall in when players went to union now this.I say big deal

A big part of the AFL game is kicking so it will be interesting to see how he goes give him 12 months in that code and he may wish he was still playing League.

Union has never and will never be a major threat to League at club level because there is no decent week in week out competition.

You are burying your head in the sand if you believe AFL isnt a real threat to our code. Parents are shying away from junior league and sending their kids to play AFL for many, many reasons.

clontaago link said:
Union has never and will never be a major threat to League at club level because there is no decent week in week out competition.

You are burying your head in the sand if you believe AFL isnt a real threat to our code. Parents are shying away from junior league and sending their kids to play AFL for many, many reasons.

Agree AFL is slowly becoming a threat to Rugby League. What now with a side on the gold coast and they want to put in a second Sydney club and geez i hope they never get the idea to place a team up at the central coast ff's

The AFL model and administration is far superior to that of league.

They have very strategic, long term plans in place and run the game at a much higher level than the NRL. With Gallop in charge though that's no great surprise.

There is such a difference between the top and bottom clubs in the AFL they don't have enough good players at present, let alone enough to successfully expand.

How much will they pay him? With the size of the AFL playing rosters I can't believe that he couldn't earn more playing RU in France or Japan. Maybe staying local was a big consideration. All I can say is WOW!

It's a bit of a coup for the AFL. I'd imagine they'd be offering him up to a million to change, probably exempt from their salary cap because it's a new franchise. I just hope it doesn't take too many young fans away from the Titans.
It'll be interesting to see how he goes. He'll probably do pretty well since he can take marks and kick already. It doesn't look like the hardest game to master but he'll have to change his tackling style, no shoulder charges in AFL!

Maybe Orford should give it a go, he has an uncanny ability to hit players on the chest with his kicks ;).

There are plenty of K Hunts playing AFL, particulary if they come from Vic or SA

He better learn how to continuously drop the ball, miss tackles and generally look disorganised and confused. 

This will make me watch maybe half a game of AFL!!!

Garts link said:
He better learn how to continuously drop the ball, miss tackles and generally look disorganised and confused. 

This will make me watch maybe half a game of AFL!!!

I will watch the other half of that game. Then we are both done.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4