Karl Johnson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
I note he has been picked in the Maroons resident side to play in a curtain raiser to the next Origin against the NSW equivalent. Must be doing okay but will probably never play NRL - my memory of him was he would have been best used as a turnstile at the front gate!!!  ;D ;D

How does he qualify to play for QLD when he is a New Zealander?  Put money on NSW winning that game.

He looks great before he gets onto the field. He was huge even as a relative youngster, but never seemed to have the footballing ability to match his physical potential.

Fro link said:
Have a look in the dictionary under Resident Tooks. :)

Last I heard Johnson was playing for drugcastle.  Sounds like he has moved to QLD now? 

Sounds like he should be known as a journeyman not a resident.  He probably won't be in QLD long as his current team will probably flick him soon. 

he has had a few teams, bit like sione, cowboys as well!!

Remember that trial vs Tigers at Leichardt in the pouring rain, karl killed it and I remember going we have a centre!!

2 years ago I was with sgt watching PL and karl blew honestly 3-4 tries in 1 half, he fair dinkum could not pass the ball left ways, it was madness to watch for a graded player, Mitch Creary was on the wing and going ballistic!! I remember the groan of the crowd when he drew the fullback and passed right over mitchs head and nearly hit the ad signs!!  :D

Someone yelled out to Mitch that's 4 tries you should have scored, old physco mitch just gave the person this filthy stare,

I hate to say it but Mattai struggles to pass left as well, I have noticed it a fair bit in past 2 seasons :(

Darren link said:
Remember that trial vs Tigers at Leichardt in the pouring rain, karl killed it and I remember going we have a centre!!

That's the one I'm thinking of. I remember seeing him before the game (when he was watching the younger fella's go round) and thought "f*ck, who is that? He's a tall bugger..." and then he came out and carved up (all our rookies did that day!!). Damn shame the rest of his time with Manly though!

He has been to Norths and some other team in Sydney and then to the Dogs before going to Brisbane. I remember reading he was the top scorer in the Bartercard Cup in NZ which is why we signed him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4