• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BirdMan4ever

Reserve Grader
Can anybody else see KAPOW stops at the defensive line, similar to MYLES?
VAVE and AFB bend the line and they are physically similar in size.

i just havnt seen any impact from KAPOW ...

Can anybody else see KAPOW stops at the defensive line, similar to MYLES?
VAVE and AFB bend the line and they are physically similar in size.

i just havnt seen any impact from KAPOW ...
TBH, I see elements of TRex in him (or how he is being coached/used). There are too many times he's receiving the ball just short of the line, or at the line, while flat-footed or just starting to wind up. He needs to be running from deep and hitting the ball (and line) at full speed. He could potentially do a lot of damage, much like TRex did when he hit the ball hard and running.

Not far off....but I think he is better used both as impact off the bench & attacking the edges....he has been used as a middle man for big minutes...not his strength.
It's almost to sacrifice his impact on the edge, but in return, gain momentum in tight & set a platform of forward momentum which, tbh ....has not worked out.

Not far off....but I think he is better used both as impact off the bench & attacking the edges....he has been used as a middle man for big minutes...not his strength.
It's almost to sacrifice his impact on the edge, but in return, gain momentum in tight & set a platform of forward momentum which, tbh ....has not worked out.

I hate Jake at lock for the same reason. He is there purely because he can play big minutes as a middle forward. He try's hard, but he is what Paul Gallen is to NSW. He is the man we don't want getting the ball in a backline set play.

No one would say he is not a future superstar Prop. But dam he must be close to the comps slowest and least attacking option at lock forward.

We need his class doing the tough stuff at prop, even if it means in shorter bursts.

I hate Jake at lock for the same reason. He is there purely because he can play big minutes as a middle forward. He try's hard, but he is what Paul Gallen is to NSW. He is the man we don't want getting the ball in a backline set play.

No one would say he is not a future superstar Prop. But dam he must be close to the comps slowest and least attacking option at lock forward.

We need his class doing the tough stuff at prop, even if it means in shorter bursts.
There's a solid argument to build on your call....Jake thrives on that stuff up the middle & shows skills more suitable to that role like Graham at the Dogs & has another great attribute there...ability to pop an offload to create 2nd phase.
On the edges it's a different style pass...the defence is not as hostile but quicker, meaning the pass needs to be sharper where as Jake has that great pop pass, it can create pressure on the receiver.
Most importantly, Jakes tackling as an A defender is the best in the game.

I think Kapow's problem is that he relies on his fend too much and doesn't use his big frame and momentum to his advantage. He wants to go to the line and push players off, just like T-Rex tends to do as someone mentioned above. Just hit the ball up.

All you have to do is look at the Tigers games last year where Taupau played his best football. He was used as impact player; he is not an 80 minute footballer. He was used in the middle and on the edge; a roving role. Put 13 on him and let him roam around creating havoc where he likes for the first 20 mins of each half.

Taupau was completely ineffective tonight. He should be breaking the line ala Taumalolo but has not been doing this even with his reduced minutes. Is this the coaches fault or is his form down? It actually seemed like Manly played better tonight (in attack and defence) when he wasn't on the field.

Devastating at times on an edge, but not a middle player, needs to play no more than 50 min.

Though I like Kapows potential, the fact is he is nowhere near the elite category.
His best asset is his size which seems to be only used at 50%.
In a timid pack he seems to have mellowed out, which is also likely due to now being a 70 minute player.
Defensively his technique is average & in attack usually catches the ball flat footed just 3 metres from the defence.
Some confusing misuse of certain players, who's time to gel surely has nothing to do with some of these elementary individual issues.

10 runs 108m - pretty good impact in my eyes and that was one of his lower returns due to only being on the field for 35 minutes
For those who simply judge stats...yes good metres...especially after catching the ball flat footed & dragging an extra 7 metres after contact, but the impact I refer to is different....that wrecking ball who intimidates the defence & takes hit ups like a freight train into the defence, adding more fear factor than proving how strong he is.

Myles from good pumps his legs at the line. Kapow just kind of falls at them like King did.

Kapow should be renamed to "pop~fizz"

Taupau was completely ineffective tonight. He should be breaking the line ala Taumalolo but has not been doing this even with his reduced minutes. Is this the coaches fault or is his form down? It actually seemed like Manly played better tonight (in attack and defence) when he wasn't on the field.
If tapau was playing against our feeble defense he would play like taumalolo as well

Kaput doesn't seem to stand deep enough ,he never hits the line with enough speed.

Completely agree

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4