1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kapow strong finish in 2016

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by maxta, Aug 29, 2016.

1. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,345 / 56
    Really been massive recently, making big metres, looking aggressive, running from deeper & pumping that huge fend into plenty of melons & recently...offloading quality passes to create second phase & finally...add something different to predictable hit ups....
    Slow start Kapow, but now set the bar for a massive 2017....really lifted of late....

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    He is playing backrow now which is great and Barretts moved him into a more runner of the footy instead of a link in a movement got some good off loads, he isn't play 80 minutes but he is playing in 30 min stints and massive minutes 66 I think on average.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    He's been bench pressing Zorba.

• Funny Funny x 9
  4. Batty

Batty Active Member

Ratings:
    +391 / 51
    Lussick really lifted his game in the last couple of months - it has eased the pressure on Kapow. As a result he's playing his own game.
    That and he is positionally being played better as Turbo said.

I really hope we get to see Meehan, Knight and Hoppa next year. Alongside Kapow they'll be a force.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,485 / 42
    I just wanted him to clock that young smart arse Raiders player.....geez I miss the biff.@:(:punch:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Harry Smith

Harry Smith I think i'm actually a bloody Sea Eagle

Ratings:
    +734 / 75
    Yep, been good all year in second row but that long suspension and the move to prop to cover injuries made people believe he had lost his "fire". Been sensational since returning to second row, wasn't too bad in prop but could see he was playing outta position. Never doubted him for a second.

7. Eagleheart

Eagleheart Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +1,264 / 40
    So was wondering if anyone knows if Kapow is actually happy at Manly?

Heard a rumour that he may not be, but I certainly hope that is not true.

Marty is a great player and it was pretty obvious early on that he was playing out of position, although as mentioned was an alright prop. But when he moved to second row, boom baby.
    He has been a great asset for the team this year and I hope he stays around for a few years at least.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    FWIW Graeme Hughes on Talkin Sport reassured a Manly supporter that he'd been speaking with Marty last week and he was really excited about where we're heading.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  9. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,792 / 58
    Mad Monday?

• Funny Funny x 5
  10. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    Please no more scandals.
    I hope the club puts them in a secure building and surrounds them with huge Polynesian body guards. Rubber pad the doors for Dylan. Lock Liam's car keys in a safe - security check for Aerogard. Provide spit bowls for Jorge in case he gets testy.
    Nudie run through my town though, including Wolfie. He didn't score a try this year.

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    Isn't the talk "he wants out".

12. TerryRandall

TerryRandall Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,077 / 38
    unlikely to score one next year either - I imagine though there is some sort of statute of limitations on nudie run qualification.

13. TerryRandall

TerryRandall Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,077 / 38
    Blacktown?