Kapow at prop

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ricardo

Bencher
Well suck me dry and call me dusty they put Big Marty in the 10 jersey:

Sea Eagles: 1 Brett Stewart 2 Jorge Taufua 3 Tom Trbojevic 4 Brayden Wiliame 5 Matthew Wright 6 Jamie Lyon 7 Apisai Koroisau 8 Darcy Lussick 9 Matt Parcell 10 Martin Taupau 11 Lewis Brown 12 Jamie Buhrer 13 Jake Trbojevic. Interchange: 14 Blake Leary 15 Josh Starling 16 Addin Fonua-Blake 17 Siosaia Vave 18 Liam Knight

I can only assume this is to keep the mighty second row partnership of Brown and Buhrer together.

At this stage of the season ... Why not?

Lewis' spot in my opinion is 14 to give Parcell a break, rotate through the second row and cover the centres/9/second rower when they get hurt.

Kapow/Buhrer should be our second row with Brown, Knight (or Matato for his ball playing ability and large body), Vave & AFB coming off the bench. Starting props Nate and Darcy. Since Nate is injured I'd bring Vave to start (best prop we have) and promote Starling to bench.

Darcy
Parcell
Vave
Buhrer
Kapow
JT

Brown
Knight (Matato)
AFB
Starling

Why wouldn't that work? Yet Another Ricardo Teamlist

Knight can only play (it seems) if the NRL allow special dispensation to overspend on the 2nd tier cap due to the injury of players in that position (I presume they are saying Lawrence and the Plodder) with Kapow now pushing up front. AFB must be chewing up the 2nd tier cap playing 1sts already, so with Knight its a case of whether the NRL will grant permission.

I'd be surprised (happily) that while Jake is playing lock and not front row, and with mateo, and green sitting in reggies (2nd rowers in the 25) that the NRL would agree.

As a side note, I thought Knight was part of the 25, but obviously someone else has taken that spot (perish the thought it was Williame).

Good Front rowers should AVERAGE 2 metres per minute played . I expect Taupau to be suited to being a middle runner which will suit him playing tighter .
I hope they stick with Taupau up front , & replace L.Brown with L. Knight.

Marty needs to show his worth on Monday night, we've seen only a few glimpses of the destruction that he can cause (tigers game comes to mind), but with a group of forwards lacking in firepower, he needs to lead this pack around against the Titans.

What does everyone think the pack will be like next year? Marty will be an interesting one also if he plays well at prop maybe he will stay there.

Wonder how many minutes he will last before he gets reported and suspended again?

Personally I would rather see Marty play at prop than in the back row. He's a power player who's talents would be better served up the middle. As a second rower he really doesn't have the speed (and hasn't been used properly) to be effective.

A Manly front row of Lussick, Parcell and Taupau with Myles coming off the bench could be a strong one. The only problem would be that would likely see Brown staying in the second row rather than as the bench utility that he is best suited to. That is were someone like Liam Knight could be good (better than Leary IMO). Its a pity that T-Red was released and that arguably our most skillful back rower (Feleti Mateo) is persona non gratis when it comes to first grade.

Last edited:
I've been envious of a few clubs in this competition, for quite some time tbh. Roosters (JWH), Melbourne (Bromwich), Cowboys (Tamou/Scott), Souths (Tom&George) ect... We need a strike prop, & we need one urgently. Kapow could be just that.

I've been envious of a few clubs in this competition, for quite some time tbh. Roosters (JWH), Melbourne (Bromwich), Cowboys (Tamou/Scott), Souths (Tom&George) ect... We need a strike prop, & we need one urgently. Kapow could be just that.
Yes we haven't had a strike prop for a while. We need a prop that can make 150 plus meters consistently each week to give our playmakers a platform.

I like the thought of Kapow at prop. Too big and cumbersome for the back row really. Vave is currently our best prop, and is really owning that 2nd part of each half. Myles is doing a job, despite what people think. He is dominating in the ruck area, despite not making many metres with the ball. TBH I think that second row is really where we need some life. Badly in need of a creative player. So yep, Kapow can stay up front as far as I am concerned, and use those massive guns to cause some damage in the middle.

I'm not sure I buy this long term. I think this is more of a 'we need a spark in the middle, let's put our most explosive forward there and see what happens' kind of move... BUT tbh I would do the same.

If we're getting pummeled in the middle or we are looking flat, which we have done a lot this season, Marty's no good out on the edges, bring him in.

I'm not sure from what I've seen of Marty in his career that he has the work-rate to stay in the front row full-time, but hopefully this could be one of those things that just works straight away like Jake at 13.

Kapow has been a lazy and ill disciplined player all year. He owes Manly for the 3 losses he watched on the sideline.
Throw him in the cauldron and make him do some work.
NYEagle

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7