Kangaroo Army.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

CC_Eagle

Reserve Grader
As posted by DIEHARD of LU on the Rockers site.......

Firstly I hope nobody minds me posting in your Manly Eagle Rockers forum. I don't mean to intrude.

I'd like to thank my buddy Cliffy for bringing this up.

I guess I am the prime mover behind the initiative, but it has been a collaboration between a few other key people from other supporter groups. We certainly have some solid support already.

I didn't want to bring other groups in until we got organised and got the ARL and NRL involved and most importantly secured ourselves our own exclusive bays at the match.

I can happily announce that the NRL and ARL are now on board supporting us and are very keen to help support and advise us. And made sure we got our own bays and are currently talking to sponsors to support us.

We will be having our own supporter t shirt (Although we encourage people to wear Kangaroos merchandise, but there are no rules of course, club colours are fine.) and the NRL are talking about pre and post match functions.

The addition of supporter shirts along with the Kangaroo jerseys, scarves and flags will ensure we look like a unified group. Taking on the colour of dark green as our own colour. In contrast to the Fanatics yellow or Wallabies rent-a-crowd.

Conceivably we could have a BBQ before the gates open (As our pre-match function, as the game is on a Saturday) to get to know each other and chat, then head to the game when gates open to enjoy the likely two pre match games, using the opportunity to loosen up and warm up. I will also press for some interesting and unique events and festivities to be added to the itinerary.

The entire day will be a day to remember forever.

We basically want to bring everyone together and give the Kangaroos and rugby league something special. I think it will turn into a fantastic social event for rugby league fans and will be a fantastic way to cap off a fantastic year of rugby league.

The obvious way to do this is to get the supporter groups involved, the passionate fans who go to a lot of effort during the year to show how much they love their teams and games. If we can get all the supporter groups from all the clubs to bring along contingents of fans to be involved and get all the mainstream and casual fans involved I think we will get a great turn out.

The NRL has give us two bays, bays 115-1 and 116-1 if you want to check it out, 995 seats. That is a lot of seats but we have three months to sell the idea to everyone. And if needs be I could possibly get the NRL to approach the clubs to help fill in the gaps or publish something on their website or Big League magazine if numbers are down in the lead up to the match.

I really took a gamble getting this venture up and have put my head on the chopping block being responsible for so many seats. I hope people will support me and this effort and vindicate the effort of all involved.

I really don't want to be the man responsible for so many empty blue seats at Telstra on international television. But I think it will be a fantastic success, something that we can build on next year and the year after.

We have several groups already involved and interested but we want every club involved, we consider it the people's army and not any one person or club.

This is a great opportunity to represent our game, promote and support international footy and to stick it up the rival codes and their rent a crowds.

Check out our website - http://www.kangarooarmy.com

A lot of people are involved and have done their bit in helping me get the ARL and NRL on board.

I assure you we are the real deal and have NRL/ARL support.

I'd like to invite fans of the Manly Sea Eagles and Manly Eagler Rockers to be apart of this project.

Keep an eye on the website for any announcements in regard to ticket purchase and distribution, an issue we are currently working on with the NRL.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2