Kane Elgey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Aldridge played 5/8 when I saw NSW Cup a couple of weeks ago. Went well, running most of the attack. Handy goal kicker too.
Wonder if they are swapping him and Rudolph around to let them audition. Will be very interesting to see who gets called up for Origin.

If we could fill a half spot from within it just frees up more capital to bolster other spots. If they are up to it.

Seriously if we don't sign this kid, I will have to wonder what our recruitment team is doing.
Every time I see him he just seems to have class, needs some defensive work, but so do all young halves.
But I bet we sign some has been like Albert Kelly or Dogkinson...sigh

If we got Elgey and 2 good front row forwards, then develop some of our own talent, we will be right back in the premiership frame in 2 or 3 years

Gold Coast Titans prepared to swoop on Parramatta's Corey Norman

Date
March 26, 2015 - 10:00PM

Michael Carayannis
Rugby League Writer

The Titans are preparing to swoop on Corey Norman if the Eels five-eighth is forced to move on from Parramatta.

Gold Coast have identified Norman as the man to partner Daly Cherry-Evans as they step up their aggressive recruitment drive for next year.

While the Eels at this stage have no intention of releasing Norman – who is contracted until the end of next year – the Titans are patiently watching as the Eels juggle their salary cap.

Parramatta have landed Cherry-Evans' Manly teammate Kieran Foran from next season and want to extend off-contract duo Chris Sandow and Will Hopoate beyond this year. A Sandow-Foran halves combination would force Norman to return to the fullback position he played during the bulk of his four-year stint to begin his NRL career at Brisbane. If Hopoate re-signs he could return to the centres.

The Titans have already added Cherry-Evans and want to secure outside backs including Dane Gagai and Joe Ofahengaue. They are searching for a viable long-term halves partner for Cherry-Evans. Daniel Mortimer is contracted until the end of next year and there is uncertainty surrounding Aidan Sezer and Kane Elgey. Manly are circling both players as well as Roosters pivot James Maloney, who is likely to re-sign with the club.

Sezer has attracted the interest of at least two Sydney clubs while Manly are the frontrunners to sign Elgey, 21, who won the under-20s player of the year last year. He will make his NRL debut alongside Sezer when the Titans play the Sharks on Saturday night.

The Titans may be cashed up with a host of players including Sezer, Greg Bird and Nate Myles off-contract, but the Eels have spent the bulk of their salary cap for next year. The Eels have seven spots available on their NRL roster for next season, with $1.6 million to spend, after signing Foran to a rich four-year deal.

The Eels have also earmarked South Sydney's Alex Johnston as a potential fullback despite the Rabbitohs junior likely to extend his stay at the club.

"We can keep everyone that we want to keep but we won't be overpaying for anyone," Eels boss Scott Seward told Fairfax Media earlier this month.

"If it's out of our market or out of our price range, then so be it. If it's to be where we believe market value is, we'd love to keep them. We're not going to get into bidding wars for players.

"Chris has come through Parramatta's darkest days of playing behind a beaten pack and playing for multiple coaches. He's now in a stage where he has the opportunity to play behind an outstanding forward pack with a coach who is going to be here long term and you're seeing the results he's producing. He's well and truly required from our perspective."

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...parramattas-corey-norman-20150326-1m8a51.html

Until we develop him into a star half and leaves for a Qld club in 3 years on massive dollars.

I rated Littlejohn in his appearances last year. Answer is right under our nose IMO

Until we develop him into a star half and leaves for a Qld club in 3 years on massive dollars.

I rated Littlejohn in his appearances last year. Answer is right under our nose IMO

I dont mind LJL but I would probably mark him for the 5/8 role. Elgey seems more of the creative halfback type.

Seems to me like the Titans are going to buy a premiership so as to ensure they meet their 10 year plan. They will get all these kids to come across, introduce them to sports supplements by way of cocaine which they will smuggle in their bum holes to Sydney when they play here.

On a side note, what does everyone think of an Elgey and JLJ or Elgey and Norman halves combo. The Eels will need to free up cap space to keep Hoopa and Sandow.

It amuses me that the titans can say we will not be forced into a bidding war and pay overs for a player yet they paid $1.1mil for DCE. How ironic!!!!!!

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4