• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Darren said:
didn't the Roosters make the grand final last year and we got smacked out first week of the semis when the going gets serious??

Sound like your souths mate who will proclaim souths the greatest side running around coz of their titles back in the dark ages lol

JWH would be a much better player at Manly because Des would temper the agression and direct it into quality play in attack and defense. At the Roosters coach Smith has no idea how to use him,where to play him or how to coach him. If he came back to Manly he would get back that form which got him to a test jumper.

Ralphie said:
From Fox Sports web site:

"When Jared Waerea-Hargreaves moved from Brookvale to Bondi it was the epitome of a steal for Sydney Roosters. After the 2009 season, Waerea-Hargreaves had only six NRL appearances to his name, but four Tests for New Zealand. In his first year with the Roosters he was a high-impact forward that was part of the fairytale run from worst to 80 minutes away from first. But now Manly are making moves to bring the New Zealand international back home. Waerea-Hargreaves hasn't been the same force in 2011, which is rather emblematic of how his side has travelled in a year that has fallen well below par. Manly, on the other hand, have surprised many with their run of hot form and a playing roster that have overachieved based on pre-season expectations. If ever there was a climate that could see the prodigal son return to the northern beaches, this would surely be it."

I told you months ago this was going to happen. He approached Des after the round 2 game. He wants back.

Can anyone tell me if a player has ever left the club and then come back? I can't think of any.
bob fulton. returning as a coach

I have nothing against him returning. His development has definitely stalled at the Chooks, but he still is young and does have potential. Before this year he showed great determination and a lot of 'natural' aggression. Matai won't be around forever to provide the intimidation factor a team needs.

Sign the talent that we already have and want to keep, then if there's any money left sign him. I'd be pissed if we lost players like buhrer, robinson, lussick etc etc.

Besides he hasn't set the world on fire and as I said in another thread that JWH is one shoulder charge away from dislocation and a long stint on the sidelines.

Gorgeous George said:
If Des is keen then I would be happy to have JWH back. JWH certainly seems keen having made the approach so early in the season. This can only be a good thing.

The other thing I like about having Kiwis in the side is that we don't lose the good ones during origin each year.

This is going to change from 2013 though - Auckland vs Counties.

Darren said:
didn't the Roosters make the grand final last year and we got smacked out first week of the semis when the going gets serious??

I think it was you that Shoe1 was referring to. It would explain the narky comment here. Another one of your pearls of wisdom Dazzler.

I'd take him back 4 sure. He's lost 10kg in the off season, and I don't think that suits his style of game.I reckon if he puts atleast 5kg back on, and back being coached by Dessie he will realize his full potential.

last year they did make the gf and we came 8th so even though we are second we haven't got to the business end of the season. We haven't competed as a force since 2008 so much to do still.

Darren said:
last year they did make the gf and we came 8th so even though we are second we haven't got to the business end of the season. We haven't competed as a force since 2008 so much to do still.

Wasn't your entire pre season dismantling of our poor squad based on not looking at the past efforts of players ? Like how Glenn Stewart was too old and would never play rep footy again or get near his old form

agree Kiwi but still fair few games until finals, find it odd bagging out past years grand finalists when we got slaughtered in the knockout semi and could have played for 2 weeks and never scored, no prizes for July winners.

hehe how do you find the time Darren?

with being a closet Souths and looks like now a roosters fan, and presumably you are gainfully employed (as in you dont sound like a dole bludger).

do you have time to post in all the forums you must be in? and what do you say about your "mate" who supports Manly??

Darren said:
agree Kiwi but still fair few games until finals, find it odd bagging out past years grand finalists when we got slaughtered in the knockout semi and could have played for 2 weeks and never scored, no prizes for July winners.

Yet you have no issue bagging out your own team before a ball is kicked each season.

Darren said:

While conveniently leaving out the fact that 3 of our most on form players in both Stewarts and Matai were missing, with Foran and watmough playing on needles

If ya want to talk about the past and knowing what it takes, not missing the finals since 2004 seems a fair record of a side knowing what it takes

no, total manly fan for 28 years but never been "as full on and one eyed" as some of you guys on here. Our team is going great but we are still only 2 losses from being out of the top 4 so find all this "bagging" of other teams abit premature. I will start making these confident statements if we make the gf or if we would have flogged Saints a few weeks ago which would have been a REAL statement of intent.
Not sure how we can bag out a team that made the 2010 gf and we were diabolical in minor semi. Let's talk the talk in September, as some teams will get serious when finals start.

Most of "us" guys on here giving you stick are not one eyed idiots. As for bagging the Roosters. I am not one to bag a team but in case you have not realised they are diabolical this year and we are going great. Its 2011 not 2010. You really should follow Souths. I have not met many Souths fans with a brain. You would fit right in. They might even pay you some respect with your 3 degrees which you are so proud of.

Mate, how was it not premature to spend an entire off season bagging a side then when they hadn't set foot on the park ?

Do you think the Roosters fans are sitting on their forums saying "we made the GF last year, would much rather hang onto that than be running a clear 2nd"

Darren said:
no, total manly fan for 28 years but never been "as full on and one eyed" as some of you guys on here. Our team is going great but we are still only 2 losses from being out of the top 4 so find all this "bagging" of other teams abit premature. I will start making these confident statements if we make the gf or if we would have flogged Saints a few weeks ago which would have been a REAL statement of intent.
Not sure how we can bag out a team that made the 2010 gf and we were diabolical in minor semi. Let's talk the talk in September, as some teams will get serious when finals start.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4