JWH signs with Rorters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He might end up being worth that but I am glad we did not chuck that much at him.  The coaching staff know more than me as well!!!!

DUFFMAN link said:
Roosters offered him $520,000 over 3 seasons, He went back to Manly and was told that they cant match the amount from the Roosters

we couldn't match $170k a season ?
how much is Orford getting ?

Jethro link said:
the Roosters are excited to announce the deal and are looking forward to working with Jarred and developing him into a regular first grader.

now there is a odd word coming from the chooks

Well he's signed so let's move on. Personally if a forward from NYC was going to crack a spot in the top side I'd like to see a local junior in there, Lussick is a real work horse, makes a thousand tackles a game covering Evans. If Orford is staying Lussick would be handy to have next to him in the defensive line.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=180626.msg226418#msg226418 date=1244295701]
Roosters offered him $520,000 over 3 seasons, He went back to Manly and was told that they cant match the amount from the Roosters

we couldn't match $170k a season ?
how much is Orford getting ?
[/quote]
Pretty sure JWH can't play halfback.

$520k is a lot for a young player. I guess it's hard to fit them all in the salary cap. Why he'd want to sign up with strugglers like the Roosters is beyond me though, they'll never win a premiership in the next three years.
I wish Orford would hurry up and sign a contract, all this faffing around is reminding me of the Monaghan debacle.

The new club-whore of the NRL. A Gary Freeman in the making. He'll be playing for The Chief's in 2013.

I wouldnt be playing him in first grade again in 09 unless its absolutlely needed

Darcy in the centres is a real prospect i reckon. He has scored some good tries in the last few weeks and set up a few. He seems to know when to run it and when to pass it

Ryan link said:
The new club-whore of the NRL. A Gary Freeman in the making. He'll be playing for The Chief's in 2013.

Get over it Ryan, he's gone. Did we not do the same with T Williams?

JWH over cuthbo?

Tough call - Cuthbo has some form in first grade where JWH is all about potential

Yeah, I'm happy to keep cuthbo.

He is first grade standard already and has improvement left in him.

When does he get back?

swoop link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=180626.msg226481#msg226481 date=1244357218]

[/quote]

Dude, JWH went from club to club to club in Union. He's now going to his 2nd club in 3 years at NRL level.

Tony Williams has gone from Parramatta to Manly.

There is a difference.

This game needs more players like Beaver, Hindmarsh, Lockyer, Creagh, Simpson and co.

I love all players that play for Manly Swoop, BUT, I will always respect the one club players more. Even over Tony Williams, JWH & co.

So to answer your question - "Did we not do the same with T Williams?"
Yes mate, we did. And I don't like it tbh.

David Williams you can understand because he was told he was surplus to requirements there. Lyon was a unique case.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=180626.msg226556#msg226556 date=1244425182]

[/quote]

Dude, JWH went from club to club to club in Union. He's now going to his 2nd club in 3 years at NRL level.

There is a difference.

This game needs more players like Beaver, Hindmarsh, Lockyer, Creagh, Simpson and co.

I love all players that play for Manly Swoop, BUT, I will always respect the one club players more. Even over Tony Williams, JWH & co.

[/quote]
Who cares if he went from club to club, maybe he wasn't good enough and decided to try rugby league.

I don't like it either, but it's a fact of life these days. There's no such thing as loyalty anymore. He's gone and if he doesn't succeed at the roosters, then we've lost nothing.

We have a wealth of backrowers and he's more likely to get into 1st grade at the roosters than here at Manly.

swoop link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=180626.msg226638#msg226638 date=1244499622]
[quote author=swoop link=topic=180626.msg226556#msg226556 date=1244425182]

[/quote]

There is a difference.

[/quote]
Who cares if he went from club to club, maybe he wasn't good enough and decided to try rugby league.

I don't like it either, but it's a fact of life these days. There's no such thing as loyalty anymore. He's gone and if he doesn't succeed at the roosters, then we've lost nothing.

We have a wealth of backrowers and he's more likely to get into 1st grade at the roosters than here at Manly.
[/quote]

I agree. Some of the NYC players look great in the backrow as well. BUT, I do still think there is loyalty in the game. I know Hindmarsh was being courted by other teams, offered more $$$, but stayed with Parramatta. Lockyer was offered a multitude of $$$ around the NRL, and he has stated he would never play for another club. Ben Creagh has been targetted every time he comes off contract. Look at Melbourne with Slater, Cronk, Hoffman, Inglis & Smith all commiting long term. How much do you reckon they could all make, if going to market?

If Hargraves stayed in union there is no way he would be super 14 standard so really how good is he going?

He stands out in an under 20's comp which is no big deal. 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4