JWH...aka the hyphenator

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The Refs, the second half blues, its all been blamed but i cant remember a better game turning performance that Jarrads yesterday. He was intense, a man on a mission who virtually destroyed our pack on his own, with the help of a Daniel conn fore arm. He inspired Nate myles as he tore into our pack and treated them like rag dolls

Opinions on here have been divided over his ability but it was bad recruitment letting this one go. I know the cap, the cap but he should have been pencilled in as a definate. someone should have been pensioned off, released, not purchased, whatever it took

He is scary man. Not since a young Tallis has a forward come through like this

I'm still undecided. Sure he shows the potential occasionally but can he do it week in week out. Maybe but I don't think he's shown that yet.

That said we can't keep them all. And our recruitment people will sometimes make boo boos.

I agree too. However don't forget we thought we had Burgess coming at the time he left, if we'd known maybe we would have offered a bit more? Also he does miss many games through injury. But yeah, I agree! He has unbridled enthusiasm and aggression.

He went very well. Full of agro.
The issue would have been 300k of salary cap sitting on the sidelines for all but 4 games this year? It's ok for the rorters, they don't have a cap but for a club like ours, wouldn't have been too helpful considering it appears we haven't the actual funds to spend the full amount of the cap in any case.

No wonder he didnt want to play with our gentleman forwards who seem to lack almost any aggression.

Its not courage we lack, Watmough, Kite and King showed tonnes of it yesterday again, its just that raw aggro that JWH provided yesterday that we lack.

Glenn went right off the dial with his moment of aggro and will pay the price.

Settle down people. I will admit that he was fired up and played well and what would you expect when he's playing against is old team for the first time. I was also disappointed that he managed to control the aggression and not concede penalties. However, I didn't see him tearing us apart and most of his runs were aimed directly at the smallest forward being Buhrer, who accommodated him each time.

We have a lot of work to do with the shape of our pack but JWH has a long way to go to prove that we should have paid a large lab to keep him. His value for money to the Roosters in his first season of 1st grade is prett low due to time spent off the field.

i dont watch much footy these days, in fact apart from manly i see very little except highlights, but i did see him play the dragons a few weeks back and the last games i saw him play before that was the tests in the off season. He was a standout in all of those games, playing at abilities well beyond his years. I dont know what the roosters paid him, and i doubt anyone else does either so how much he wanted is anyones guess.

I do recall reading when manly signed him from Union he was very well paid for his age and experience so i pressume he wanted an upgrade

Injury wise i dont know how many games he has played, or his dollar value per game but  Im sure if you asked smithy would he swap him for another player his answer would be NO

There are a lot of things i dont know about this, but what i do know is that a year later we need a big front rower with aggression, prefferably younger than older and that we paid big money to develop one, for him to play in our juniors and then go elsewhere. It happens, its footy i know, parra must hate us but i pressume Manly underestimated his market value and thought he would stay as he had to be in manlys plans

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4