Justin Horo and the forward pack

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
Just curious - how many minutes did he play Friday?

His numbers are ordinary 7 tackles, 3 missed tackles, just 3 hitups. A really big disappointment in my opinion.

I don't get it, he should have been fresh as a daisy and grabbing the ball at every opportunity. Compare that to Watmough who grabbed the ball 23 times and made 38 tackles, and he's been hacking away every week.

Horo needs a word in his ear to show some passion for the game I think, or drop him off the bench into NSW cup if everyone is back next week. I'm not a fan of T-Red either - work rate is okay but too slow in everything he does. Starling really worries me too - he just doesn't bend the line. Perhaps he is gassed after a long season. I'd give him one last week to prove himself given he has had some great games.

Personally, I would bank my semi final starting squad around Jessie and Dunamis to be honest with King, G.Stewart, Horo, and Symonds on the bench.

Any thoughts?. Do you guys think Jessie and Dunamis could handle the starting sports based on what you have seen?.

NYEagle

I agree that Horo seems down on form compared to last year but I want to see the starting backrow of Choc Horo and Gift next week. We need familiarity in that backrow next week. We just need to get back to basics. no fancy sht, work hard out of our territory and pressure the opposition. We need patience and time and we need cool experienced heads to get back to our style of choking out the opposition. Hopefully Dunamis is back and use him and JSL as the shock troops off the bench. Bring Buhrer on later to try and break up the Penrith defense. The last spot I'd go with King and drop out Tom and Hasson.

I agree about Horo. I actually cringe when he carries the ball, he looks like he is going to drop it every time he makes a hit up. Unless he is injured I would say that his confidence is shot.

His hands aren't too bad to be honest. He is just not running the same lines as he was last year is all.

I would actually like to see him play closer in to the middle and possibly on the right. Symonds is crowding out the play also.

To me Symonds would be better running from deeper and running more slicing runs, however he is just running as a decoy and playing like a front rower, straight run hitups

We need size, we need Epa steam rolling him and his hairdo all over the panthers forwards. Just give the guy a go.

Cliffy said:
We need size, we need Epa steam rolling him and his hairdo all over the panthers forwards. Just give the guy a go.

Agree. Aside from Starling our prop rotation would've have to be the lightest in the comp. Joey G, Faaoso and Rose were all big boys and always bent the line.

Only King makes a dent occasionally, in the little time he's been out there this year. Just puts way too much pressure on our backrow and its really starting to tell.

mickqld said:
I agree that Horo seems down on form compared to last year but I want to see the starting backrow of Choc Horo and Gift next week. We need familiarity in that backrow next week. We just need to get back to basics. no fancy sht, work hard out of our territory and pressure the opposition. We need patience and time and we need cool experienced heads to get back to our style of choking out the opposition. Hopefully Dunamis is back and use him and JSL as the shock troops off the bench. Bring Buhrer on later to try and break up the Penrith defense. The last spot I'd go with King and drop out Tom and Hasson.

I get what you're saying about bringing on Buhrer later in the game to break up the defence. Trouble with that is he's been one of our most consistent forwards in the last few months. If fit I'd like to see a starting back row of Glenn, Choc and Jesse sene-lefao or Glenn, Choc and Buhrer.

Andrew.. said:
mickqld said:

I get what you're saying about bringing on Buhrer later in the game to break up the defence. Trouble with that is he's been one of our most consistent forwards in the last few months. If fit I'd like to see a starting back row of Glenn, Choc and Jesse sene-lefao or Glenn, Choc and Buhrer.

Ferris has had some great games this year but he's also had some very quiet ones. We need to get back to basics with some consistency and I just feel the calmer more experienced heads are needed currently. Get that experienced backrow that was working so well last year back together and see if we can gel as a team. Get on top early with the experience and then bring on the young brigade (JSL,Lui, Ferris) to do some hard running damage because at the moment it all seems haphazard and too much individual decision making on the run. We need DCE to step up and take charge as Thurston has done. Since origin he seems to be going to the kick plays too much and looking for the spectacular rather than working toward set plays.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Horos game time probably coincided with us having very little ball

Hi Kiwi, Just out of interest with all players fit and available who would you like to see starting in the back row.

Left edge foz, ferris , working better than ever . Our problem is the middle no go forward in the middle we dont have kite and joey g so bj and starlo need 2lift also jsl and hassan

Andrew.. said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Hi Kiwi, Just out of interest with all players fit and available who would you like to see starting in the back row.

I'd be going Horo, Watmough, Stewart as it was at the start of the year

A lot of Horos work off the ball goes unnoticed, the lines he runs outside of Foran really opens up space for Stewart/Matai and co to do their stuff

Kiwi Eagle said:

Kiwi that's not an excuse. Horo was fresh and on the field. Clench your teeth and go after the footy!. He just doesn't do that!

NYEagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Kiwi that's not an excuse. Horo was fresh and on the field. Clench your teeth and go after the footy!. He just doesn't do that!

Hard to go for the ball if Parra have the majority of it, and we are spilling it consistently on tackle 2 or 3. I'm not sure exactly when he was on the field, just putting a theory forward. It's like when King got bagged for not making many metres in Origin years back, for the 1st 20mins when he was on, Qld had 80% of the ball so not much he could do there

And in the structure, you can't just run off and do your own thing or a lot of the set plays we put on are gone

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6