Just not cricket: NRL to launch new logo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Just not cricket: NRL to launch new logo

BRAD WALTER October 29, 2012

The new NRL logo compared with the Cricket Australia logo.

Is this the new NRL logo that will be unveiled today?
logos-300x0.jpg

ARL Commission chairman John Grant will launch a new logo to be worn by every player from under 6s to the NRL premiership, along with a five year strategic plan at an 11am press conference, and the design is understood to be the same or very similar to one registered earlier this year.

The logo was lodged by the ARLC as a trademark on July 13 and officially accepted on September 21.

Featuring two gold chevrons and the southern cross on a green shield, the logo has been compared to that of Cricket Australia.

Fairfax Media was told that the same logo will be used across the game but in different colours, such as sky blue and royal blue for the NSWRL, for state and other affiliated bodies.

The Queensland logo will be Maroon and grey, and the CRL's is maroon and gold.

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/just-not-cricket-nrl-to-launch-new-logo-20121029-28e41.html

I am sure the Kiwi born players will enjoy wearing the green & gold on their jumpers :D

What do you think GE?

@[globaleagle]

(test of tagging function from laptop)

Mals said:
I am sure the Kiwi born players will enjoy wearing the green & gold on their jumpers :D

What do you think GE?

@[globaleagle]

They'll love it.

Stick more and more aussie stuff on it!

@[Mals]

PS - your tagging worked!

400k members equates to about 25k a team hoping by then we can do that easy.
Also 20k crowd average from memory our average is around 17k so we need another 3500 to come to a game.

Mals said:

What do you think GE?

@[globaleagle]

The Warriors one

Compared to the cricket logo it looks dated.
And, as an earlier posted noted, surely changing a logo is one of the least important issues facing the ARL. But, as happens when new management are appointed in most companies, it is the easiest way for a new Board to "leave their mark".

Looks like something a yr 7 kid ruled up in tech drawing. Don't like it. Compare it to other sporting organization logos and it looks crap.

As an aside when ever an organisation wants to divert attention they traditionally call for a rebrand / redesign (it is what keeps me in a job..)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4