Just Heard this on 2KY Sunday sports radio

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
I just heard on 2KY Sunday breakfast program that Zorba is on.

He said that Hasler would make the Bulldogs into champions within 3 years and that he is still regulary in touch with Des, 3 times a day he said.

Normally I would not give a toss but I dont appreciate hearing one of our board members endorsing the dogs as future champions under Haslers tenure.
Peters sounded like he was on the dogs board the way he was speaking.

I appreciate they are pals but do me a favour Zorba, think about your members when you say such things. Des is gone and hes tried to wreck things in doing so but we dont need our noses rubbed in it by one of our board membes.

sheridanstand78 said:
I just heard on 2KY Sunday breakfast program that Zorba is on.

He said that Hasler would make the Bulldogs into champions within 3 years and that he is still regulary in touch with Des, 3 times a day he said.

Normally I would not give a toss but I dont appreciate hearing one of our board members endorsing the dogs as future champions under Haslers tenure.
Peters sounded like he was on the dogs board the way he was speaking.

I appreciate they are pals but do me a favour Zorba, think about your members when you say such things. Des is gone and hes tried to wreck things in doing so but we dont need our noses rubbed in it by one of our board membes.
Is Des still trying to pull all the strings at Manly Se Eagles or does he think it is now the Manly Bulldogs?

Sounds like a bloke wishing his mate well in the future. I'm not sure where the line is drawn between club loyalty and mateship, or even if one exists. I'm not a huge fan of Zorba, and Des can do the best he can in the future for all i care, but they are mates and will continue their friendship. Just as Zorba will continue to blab at the most inappropriate times, about inappropriate things.

He wouldn't have been speaking on behalf of the Football Club, let alone the Sea Eagles. He is a sport talk show host, he's been a reporter or commentator forever, he was a cadet newspaper reporter even before he joined Manly from the Eels way back whenever that happened. He's entitled to give his opinion - and even Sea Eagles officials aren't required to say we will win every single premiership, are they?

As for still being friends with Des, big deal. So are some of our players, I'd guess.

I think zorbs might be saving face and keeping up public appearances but I'm sure those leaked comments from DES about him would cut him to the core

I missed most of the show but heard those comments, didnt think there was much in it really.

Was there anything about Penn buying the Leagues Club shares?

Zorba has a mouth that gets him into trouble.
His allegiance to Manly is unwavering & his passion for the club is as good as it gets. No doubt he gets it wrong at times with the way he phrases things & I agree it does not sound great to hear him say Des will lead the Pups to the top within a few years but I really think he is basically backing a mate to improve them dramatically in that time, which is a very high possability. The day Zorba says Pups will beat Manly we know he has a twin brother - the man bleeds Maroon & White.

He is just making it hard for Des to fly under the radar.
If Des does not win the comp in 3 years and finds the dogs outside the 8 at any stage they will sack him fast as.

tookey said:
3 times a day? A bit excessive.

I wouldnt even call my GF 3 times a day, even if I hadnt had any in a while.

If they don't make the 8 in 2012 I reckon he will be given one more year. It takes time to turn a club around.

Bennett at the dragons had a team that would make the 8 but couldn't win finals. Des has a team that cant make the 8 and most of them are there for the money. Will take 3-4 years to make them competitive

Let's all hope the Roosters pick up Dugan and NOT the dogs.

They are both after him (and many others) big time.

I will be death-riding the dogs as long as Des is there. Zorba of course won't be. I heard his comments and must admit i was surprised at how he seemed to be excited over the prospect of them winning.

He may be Manly through and through, but i think he has lost the plot in the last year.

He may no doubt be bitter over his sacking but the club had to move forward and they have. I suppose his sacking could've been left til after the year finished but it wasn't and he made sure everyone knew our business to put pressure on the board.

It seems to me that he will be cheering on the dogs as his 2nd team.

Hell will freeze over before that happens to me!

Zorba is a legend but his love affair with Des has gone a bit too far.
Des is now a dog he has lost his wings .

Zorba's an 'old legend' who lost the plot a long time ago.

Actually I've never considered him a legend. He was a reasonable second rower who happened to hang around the club for way to long. That, a legend, doesn't make.

DSM5 said:
Zorba's an 'old legend' who lost the plot a long time ago.

Actually I've never considered him a legend. He was a reasonable second rower who happened to hang around the club for way to long. That, a legend, doesn't make.

Thank god they booted Zorba out-just riding the gravy train the fossil

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4