just a thought.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
Im happy with the win on monday,but would like to see lyon permanently at centre,he can play 5/8 but hes a much better centre,he puts the opposition in two minds and easily can get around his opposite man,i hope that des sticks with him at centre rather than 5/8,keep bailey at 5/8 he does some good things and has a pretty good offload also hope we can see more of Foran too,thoughts?

Completely agree Chrisos.  When Lyon ran out in the centres he always looked dangerous.  Foran for 5/8th and Bailey on the interchange.

yea he did look dangerous i agree,hes developed that x factor,you can see the opposition holding off him etc like they do thurston for example,Lyon keeps putting them in two minds,definitely better at centre.

It's a tough one with Lyon cuz he is great in 2 positions!

I think we need him at 6 because he has a great kicking game and it compliments orfords sometimes poor kicking game. I was playing cricket the day foran played so I cant really make a push for him to be included although from all reports he played well. If he has a good kicking game, his defence is tight etc then why not give him a run and put lyon in the centres.

Didn't foran play centre anyway?? If so problem solved

3. Foran
6. Lyon
12. or 15. Bailey

You'd need to get lyon defending next to foran though as I'm sure clubs would target him.

To be totally honest though I think we are too far into the season to be making changes like that. The team that ran out on monday night.. no one deserves to be dropped.

Maybe LeSnack.  I just can't see his involvement as a huge plus.  Another running backrower perhaps, not Cuthbo, on the bench in place of.

Don't know what the rest of you think  but hasn't Ben Farrar been a smart buy mid season.

What do you think will happen to him when snake returns?

Foran can replace Le Strange for the next few weeks, he has great defence and can sharpen his NRL speed and skills at dummy half and ease his way into the team.

We have a real chance to take out both U20's and NRL premierships. So Foran will be a major part of either team he plays in. esp the toyota cup team

The problem is Orford needs help with the kicking in general play. That's why Lyon is a better option than Bailey at 5/8.

Also Bailey looks a lot more dangerous in the forwards than at 5/8. He breaks the line more often, stands in tackles.

Foran is still a bit of an unknown at top level at this stage. Hope he has another cracker against the Dragons.

Is there any rule that after playing x amount of NRL games the player is no longer eligible for Toyota Cup?

Dont believe so. Think its purely based on age. A few of the Warriors under 20's have played stacks of NRL but every now and again they show up in U20's.

obviously by Lyon moving to 5/8.. Des thinks Bailey isnt working out there. We looked toothless without Lyon at centre.. and was switched back in the 2nd half.

The spot is Foran's if he really wants it.

There are qualification rules as a few players could not play semis in Toyota Club last year. Don't know what they are but likely to relate to last six games or something like that.

Didn't Sammut play a ton of NRL, then played in the finals?  Might have been for reserve grade though, i cant remember that far back

i would love to see Foran play at 6 with bailey at lock in the centre, gift on the right and choc on the left. The balance is superb and everyone has their place.

I disagree. Whilst Lyon is a great centre and ideally I would prefer him to stay there, I don't think we can win the competition if he doesn't move back to 5/8.

Bailey is a strong runner with a good off load and will be a good addition to the back row, but he is no starting 5/8. He has no kicking game and the attack breaks down with him continually. He is a handy backrower to have on the bench as he is capable of filling in at 5/8 or centre in the event of an injury.

Foran is a great talent, and if we can hold on to him he will be our future 5/8. However, Des is doing the right thing bringing him on slowly, giving him a taste of 1st grade without dumping the week in week out pressures on him, he is still very young. We need someone who can take the pressure off Orford now and it is to much to expect Foran to co-lead a side to back to back premierships at his age.  

Lyon was very good against the Dogs and will get better with more time at 5/8, and that will allow Farrar to stay at centre.

At full strength I think our best shot at back to back premierships is

1. B. Stewart
2. Robertson
3. Farrar
4. Matai
5. D. Williams
6. Lyon
7. Orford
8. Kite/King
9. Ballin
10. Perry
11. Watmough
12. Hall
13. G. Stewart

14. L’Estrange
15. Rose
16. King/Kite
17. Bailey

What is happening with Orford re-signing? I joked that it wouldn't happen until August and that is now only 3 weeks away. Until that is settled no player coming off contract and the youngsters we would like to keep just don't know where they stand.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4