Junior Kangaroos

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mavin

Bencher
What players can we target to sign

2015 Junior Kangaroos:

1 Jackson Hastings (Sydney Roosters)

2 Brenko Lee (Canberra Raiders)

3 Robert Jennings (Penrith Panthers)

4 Euan Aitken (St George Illawarra Dragons)

5 Valentine Holmes (Cronulla Sharks)

6 Drew Hutchison (St George Illawarra Dragons)

7 Ashley Taylor (Brisbane Broncos)

8 Joe Ofahengaue (Brisbane Broncos)

9 Jayden Berrell (Brisbane Broncos)

10 Matthew Lodge (Wests Tigers)

11 Coen Hess (North Queensland Cowboys)

12 Tepai Moeroa (Parramatta Eels)

13 Tevita Pangai Junior (Canberra Raiders)

14 Tyrell Fuimaono (Parramatta Eels)

15 Salesi Funaki (Wests Tigers)

16 Jayden Nikorima (Brisbane Broncos)

17 Alex Twal (Parramatta Eels)

18 Jai Arrow (Brisbane Broncos)

I've said it a heap of times Joe Ofahenguae

Jake and Joe would be the future, Myles for experience and the pack is sorted

Coached Jai Arrow as a 15 year old. Great kid. Well done!

The Broncos have done a lot of things right over the years but probably their best asset is the great junior coaching they give these raw kids from 15 and 16 onwards.Extremely professional set up.
When they do play first grade they look ready.

The Broncos have done a lot of things right over the years but probably their best asset is the great junior coaching they give these raw kids from 15 and 16 onwards.Extremely professional set up.
Not hard when you have the whole of south east Qld talent to chose from exclusively.

The donkeys have a massive advantage, a whole state to get juniors from and news limited dollars, other clubs can only dream of that.

Get Moeroa from the Eels. They have plenty of forwards and their salary cap is committed elsewhere.
Same for Nikorima of the Broncos, they have two established halves ahead of him in Hunt and Milford.

They lost a good'n in 17 yr old Brent Woolf this year to the Titans.Due more so to family reasons (Bennett punted his uncle out of the assistant coaching role, and then his old man got the 20's gig at the Titans...not that he needed a leg up, he was on a full academic scholarship in Brizzo and is now on one at PBC. The kids a brain ).
You want to piss the Titans off, and have a future star hooker then have a crack at getting hold of Brent.

Last edited:
That is for sure, now time for for tommy to walk, crawl, hobble or even carried up to penn/Kelly's office and sign a large contract extension( with his brother beside him).
Yep we have to spend all of surplus cap on someone so it may as well be them

Not hard when you have the whole of south east Qld talent to chose from exclusively.

Read what I said.Blind Freddy knows they have a good pool to choose from - my point is the professional way they deal with these kids from a young age,which is tricky.The Titans on the other hand,who have just as good access to these kids as most go to the powerhouse gold coast schools,are a basket case and totally unprofessional.Believe me, as I have dealt with them a lot, the Broncos do everything so well.

Steve Martin manages a quite a few of these kids and raves about the broncos as the best place to go for juniors both for coaching and discipline purposes and that includes the Sydney clubs.He will not deal wth the Titans. The Broncos do a great job when they get them and rarely do you see a young kid debut for them not look the part.I think most people know the record of the "young broncos" over the years during origin time and it aint luck.

As for exclusively are you kidding! Go to a rep carnival in SEQ and the Sydney scouts are tripping over themselves and clubs like the Tigers have direct affiliations with schools like Keebra Park eg Benji.The Roosters have plenty of Qld kids under scholarship.Around 2008 Melbourne had most of the Aust schoolboy side under cadetships and many were Queenslanders.Smith Cronk Inglis and many other juniors who made it were running around fo Norths and other clubs and didnt end up in SEQ.The idea that these kids just go somewhere because it is aound the corner is rubbish,It help but they need a lot more than that.

That's the way it should work, but not really sure it is working that way. Clubs like the Broncos, Eels, Warriors and Panthers shouldn't ever need to enter the market place or at the very least should only be after top end talent. But they all continue to make average first grader signings instead of backing in their talent which means the either aren't up to it, or they are too stupid to realise the benefits of giving those guys a chance instead of some run of the mill player. Even Penrith who look like they've seen the benefits of backing in their youth and giving them opportunities are still in the market place for players, this is a huge benefit to clubs like us. For example if the Panthers do sign Myles, the first thing we should do is have a look at their 20s and go to their best young props and say look at the guy they signed, he will be in first grade the next 2 years instead of you. Come to us and we'll give you an opportunity. Most supporters think young kids change clubs for the money, well that is only a small part for most of them. They usually are just after an opportunity.

I've said it a heap of times Joe Ofahenguae

Jake and Joe would be the future, Myles for experience and the pack is sorted

100% agree. Joe would be a big hard running prop. Myles would be the same with experience. Jake is our hard working defensive prop and we should resign Starling to come of the bench in the same role. The plus to getting Myles is it might entice DCE to resign!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7