June 30 Deadline??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I assume it's the old "mid year signings have to be done and announced by June 30" deal still???

Which means we should have this signing / staying / leaving saga over and done with in 3 weeks.

To be honest can't wait as I am so over it!!

Manly will be competitive in 2013 (and beyond) no matter what (or who stays / goes) happens.

Every club has the same salary cap, and if they decide to "do a Storm" any Grand Final they win will be nulified anyway.

We have a good coach, we have a good CEO we have a working board and a great set of supporters.

Lets get the rest out in the open and move on!!

No its any signings to move clubs this year has to be announced before June 30th. Aka a Inu, Mason or Cashmere type signing.

Signings for next year can be done at any time

no thats only for transfers for this year, Krisnan Inu for example.

signings for 2013 and onwards can be anytime, they abolished that other system a few years ago.

It was a farce anyway, was amazing how many contracts were negotiated between midnight and dawn on 1/7...

sorry Disco, you beat me :)

Well said Mark.

You guys I think Mark is asking for a 30 June deadline for off contract Manly players, ie have everyone settled and signed by that date.

maybe Bob, but I dont read it that way.

for mine he was just asking the question. only Mark can answer that difficult question i guess :)

It was all signings....so sorry wasn't aware it had changed.

Regardless I hope we get everything done and dusted by the end of the month as (for one) I am over the constant discussion regarding this.

I do understand players have their financial futures in their minds, AND the TV deal is yet to be announced but for me (if I was a CEO) it would be a simple matter of making an offer and saying "your contract will increase by the value of the increased salary cap".

The cap goes up by 25%, your contract goes up by the same.

It seems to me that there's a lot of deals being done based on what the expected increase might be BEFORE they actually happen...and if so there could be some CEO's with major eg on their faces and I am pleased to say our's isn't one of those!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6