1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Juice up

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by silvertail, Oct 19, 2014.

1. silvertail

silvertail Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 6
    I am not accusing Hayne of going to USA and getting injected with the best performance enhancing drugs money can buy. However, one has to wonder about the temptation to do what many others do in the USA; take cutting edge drugs to get that competitive advantage.

It is a concern when when players change codes for a year only to return. I wonder how well regulated the other codes are with their drug testing. Perhaps playing overseas offers the opportunity to easily source non-detectable performance enhances.

Perhaps the NRL should continue to drug test players who want to return later in their careers.

2. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,344 / 111
    So your saying we should check the Hayne Train for track marks....

• Like Like x 3
  3. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    What a silly post

What is of concern was the junket that parra called a "study" tour for him and other players

Would that be part of the salary cap?

4. anthonyb1965

anthonyb1965 GO Manly Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +504 / 15
    Bugger, I thought someone had a Manly Juicer for sale :(

• Like Like x 1
  5. ManlyArmy

ManlyArmy Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +939 / 23
    I wish Hayne all the best. Now that he is in the headlines over there, the Yanks will now look at our game, which is a huge plus for rugby league!

6. weev

weev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +684 / 17
    My favourite is carrot, apple, celery, with a chunk of ginger. Perfect!

7. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,519 / 50
    It could also mean that their scouts look start looking at young Aussie league talent, enticing a few more to chase US $$
    Anyway, I'm sure we'll be kept up to date with Hayne's every move. Photos and an article just about every day I reckon. I'm already over the novelty.:rolleyes:
    Parra should use Hoppa as their FB as there's a good chance the Plane will be back in a year and will only be 27.

8. ManlyArmy

ManlyArmy Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +939 / 23
    I meant Australia's Super League War.

9. Top End Eagle

Top End Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942 / 40
    Spot on. The first thing I thought when Hayne anounced this decision was that he waseavingvthe game he already excels at so that he can take a year out and get on the juice and come back and be the best origin player in twenty sixteen and win the games highest individual honour. I think we might see some more players taking advantage of this loophole. And it's a worry

• Like Like x 1
  10. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    I've tried raising this point as well. Its not so much the top tier talent which could be pinched but the junior ranks who could be offered scholarships to go to college in the US instead of trying to make it through the junior grades. It would be very tempting for a young kid to go live in the states for 3-4 years, get an education and have a crack at making it in that sport.

• Like Like x 2
  11. wedgetail eagle

wedgetail eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,723 / 10
    Talking all things American, I was taking a bite of the Big Apple & saw this in Times Square.
    Manly fans :)
    [​IMG]

12. Sillybus

Sillybus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 16
    It would be tempting for anyone not just kids. They wouldn't pay for their education if they were older but an all expenses payed trip to USA to live and play their national pass time? I'd do it in a heart beat. Considering how short a professional athletes career is they have to make an entire lifetimes wage in that timespan. That opportunity just takes the cake and adds cream and strawberries to go with it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. wedgetail eagle

Ratings:
    +1,723 / 10
    Talking things American, I saw this in
    Times Square. Manly fans:)
    [​IMG]

14. wedgetail eagle

Ratings:
    +1,723 / 10
    Talking all things American, over here taking a bite of the Big Apple & saw this in
    Times Square NYC. Manly fans. :)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,402 / 257
    If you follow the NFL, you'd know the players only seem to either smoke pot, take "supplements" or use deer antler spray. So nothing to worry about...

16. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    I am sure this happens in many sports

Recall 15 or so years ago a Dutch (I think) female swimmer return from a few years out of competition looking huge and going from occasional semi finalist prior to multiple world record holder

• Like Like x 1
  17. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    I really really hope that the NFL scouts offer GI, $BW and all the other big fast grub players massive contracts. :) Please pretty please. Just NO Manly players OK ?

Mark Harris can go over and be a signing consultant / Manger / agent - give him a new lease on life. always had a soft spot for big ol' Mark Harris.

18. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,402 / 257
    That was the Irish woman. First red flag - Irish swimmer doing well!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kevinward777

Kevinward777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,240 / 31
    BBBRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SOMEONE JAB ME NOW!

20. Bandit

Bandit Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +167 / 5
    Agree completely.

Good on him for having a crack, but I just laughed when Hayne said, "it's not about the money," when it's all about the money.

You bought your mum a house - well done.

I just keep seeing that Cuba Gooding / Tom Cruise scene in Jerry McGuire.

"Show me the money !!!"

• Like Like x 1