Judiciary - Thurston & Waterhouse

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Judiciary - Thurston & Waterhouse

QUEENSLAND halfback Johnathan Thurston has accepted an early guilty plea to a dangerous conduct charge from Wednesday night's State of Origin loss to NSW.

Thurston copped a grade one charge for lashing out with his boot attempting to prevent David Williams scoring a first-half try in the Blues' 28-16 win at Suncorp Stadium.
He took the early guilty plea, which tallied 75 demerit points, allowing him to be available for the Cowboys' NRL clash with Wests Tigers this weekend.
NSW second-rower Trent Waterhouse has until noon on Thursday to decide whether to fight a grade one contrary conduct charge for running in and joining a punch-up between Steve Price and Brett White.
The match review committee didn't believe Waterhouse knocked out Price but felt his actions escalated the incident.
Waterhouse's charge carries 160 demerit points which would be reduced to 122 with an early guilty plea, still ruling him out of the Panthers' match with Canberra on the weekend.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1225750659970

Re: Judiciary - Thurston & Waterhouse

Crazy. He should have been sent off and then gotten 4 weeks.

He kicked a bloke in the head!!!!! Much more dangerous than most high tackles that get longer. I read somewhere Williams might have a fractured cheekbone.

Unbelievable that Thurston will miss no games and Waterhouse has to sit out the weekend for a cuddle on Price. No justice there.

that is a joke that Thurston gets off, that deserved a minimum of a week!

Waterhouse should contest it, he was trying to stop the fight

What about Hodges swinging arm in the final minute that started the last stink when Creagh and Thaiday got sin binned.

****ing disgraceful

Hindmarsh rested his foot on Lockyer's head and got 2-3 weeks, Thurston kicks Wolf in the head and gets nothing !!!

And if Waterhouse gets a week for that, then why aren't 10 of the Qld dogs on the sidelines this weekend for running in to get into the fight when the gutless mongrels kicked the ball away so they wouldn't have to run it

Third man in gets hit with the biggest penalty, and it has been that way since the 90's. Waterhouse shouldn't have got involved like that. I could be wrong but the way he ended up slamming Price's head made his injury worse and he is lucky he is looking at just one week.

Despite that, I just loved this game. It had everything that has been missing for a long time. I couldn't care less about handling mistakes when you get such huge defence and hits. And I love a good stink too, it shows they want it badly.

Waterhouse made the situation worse, only in that it escalated the anger and fighting rather than did any further damage to price, he was just looking to stop the fight but had poor timing, because he was already committed when Price copped the knock on the chin and was already on splash mountain before waterhouse touched him

What an effing joke that that kick to Wolfman's head only carries a 75 demerit point fine and Waterhouse's charge for trying to break up the fight carries 160 demerit points reduced to 122 with an early guilty plea. What was the worse of the two offences? A kick to the head deserves a greater punishment in my books.

yeah

had wolfman followed the queensland approach and layed down after there might have been more said, just like when thurston got creamed after he kicked, sat up a bit watched the ball then laid himself out, thats for argentinian soccer not SOO

Thurston's penalty has now set the standard for future games.  

Teams can take out the best player from the opposition side with a kick to the head when they are scoring knowing that they will only get 75 demerit points.  It sets a terrible precident and watch for slug   Slater to start his sliding tackles again.

LeagueHQ is running a poll on who the main villian of SOO3 was. Currently, miles out in front on a list of players is the cat Justin Hodges.  ;D Who says footie fans are dumb?
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/polls/results.html

Thurston is a gutless dog imo and he should of got at least 8 weeks he didn't even look where he kicked, and wolfman could have lost a eye ff's.

Total farce. Thurston should have been gone for at least 4 weeks!

Makes an absolute joke of the whole system.

Wow that kick by Thurston at the Wolfman's head while he was scoring that try was much worse than I thought (saw it + replays this evening for the 1st time, was distracted during it live last night)!

Apparently:

"Thurston copped a grade one charge for lashing out with his boot attempting to prevent David Williams scoring a first-half try in the Blues' 28-16 win at Suncorp Stadium.
He took the early guilty plea, which tallied 75 demerit points, allowing him to be available for the Cowboys' NRL clash with Wests Tigers this weekend."

Well that's ridiculous.
Other players have been banned for matches / received harsher penalties for less dangerous infringements than that this year.

After the video ref examining it, they should have sin-binned him for 10 mins, and he should now be out for 2 weeks of NRL matches.

That aside, what a GREAT win to the NSW Blues in the best, most intense game of the series!

I just had to watch the game again last night. Best one for many years. How about Lockyer setting the tone by being fourth man in and dropping his body weight and elbows straight into the ribs of a Blue's player lying prone on the ground? There were plenty of Maroon cheap shots we needed to square up.

Thurston must be the luckiest man on the planet.  I reckon if Matai has spear tackled a player (finals game 07) and kicked an opponent in the head he'd no longer be playing in the NRL.

Thurston won't miss a game for either offense.

Here's a prediction - it can only go on for so long that Thurston's on and off field indiscretions are ignored.  In the not too distant future it will get very messy and Gallop should not be allowed to wash his hands of Thurston's predicament when it does happen.

Well said Matas (reels in shock :) )

I should add that Locky's elbows were directed at Barrett so I guess almost everything is fair in love and SOO.

ManlyBacker link said:
Well said Matas (reels in shock :) )

I should add that Locky's elbows were directed at Barrett so I guess almost everything is fair in love and SOO.
  Let's have every game from here be a bash-a-thon and also make it compulsory that one referee must leave each game on the medi cab.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6