• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I really hope they get "A hand of JT try" and then for us to do a blatant strip to win the game. Sweet music.

JT is nothing special just a little better than the average half/5/8.

If age was not a consideration there are many players past and present I would prefer to build a team around than JT, Cronk, Foran(even injury riddled poor attitude that has been overblown in some quaters Foran) and DCE for starters.

JT has achieved zip other than being a fantastic competitive player without having the skillset or playing with enough science behind his attack to have him stand out.

Last edited:
JT is nothing special just a little better than the average half/5/8.

If age was not a consideration there are many players past and present I would prefer to build a team around than JT, Cronk, Foran(even injury riddled poor attitude that has been overblown in some quaters Foran) and DCE for starters.

JT has achieved zip other than being a fantastic competitive player without having the skillset or playing with enough science behind his attack to have him stand out.
wow TC
you've excelled yourself here
a player who is being talked about as one of the best ever and you kinda pan him
not sure which planet your opinions live on

People calling JT one of the best ever-----on the basis of what?

Could not bring Qld home last year minus Cronk, you can use the excuse of injuries etc in the squad but great players create great wins.

Nth Qld not winning a premiership, with the forwards they have going for them now in relation to offering reliable consistent go forward it is now or never JT.

Australian squad on a down hill slope in "part" due to his presence but obviously the change in the game, discipline from playing in the NRL, depth within NZ rugby league improving and the natural competitive advantage they have in the physical makeup of players compared to Australian players for the most part.

Does bugger all attacking and ballplaying wise drifting left to right and struggles under pressure in the big games Semi final time to make the right decisions.

To me I admire his never say die attitude, backing up qualities and kick chase above all else in his game--- at times throws some nice passes going right to left when he plays in a dominating squad with class all around him.

To suggest he is one of the best in the game is a disgrace when there is no evidence whatsoever to back up such statements, well ok no evidence between my so called limited perspective----there is absolutely nothing obvious that stands out to me to second guess my opinion.

they are the ones under pressure,not us,and DCE still has a point to prove,that he should have been in the last SOO game,the pressure is all on them,they are due for another loss

Thurston's stats : Until round 18 2015.

Rankings :
Points scored - 6th - on 104 points.
Most conversions - 4th - 40 conversions.
Most penalty goals - 8th - 6 goals.
Most field goals - 1st - 4 field goals.
Most try assists - equal 1st with Chris Sandow - 14 try assists.
Most line break assists - 2nd - 11 line break assists.
Most kicks in play - 4th- 152.

How do you measure his influence on a team?

I agree that Cronk and even DCE are technically better players but JT is still the best all round player in the comp imo. There is a reason some of the better footy minds rate him so highly aka Gould.

Isn't anyone surprised by Sandow and Thurston being equal 1st with try assists?? I like Chris Sandow. Tough as. Sign him up!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2