JSL - Hasson - Lui

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

seaeagledave

Reserve Grader
All these guys seem to be doing well this year. So just wondering what differences others have noticed between them? Does Toovey give them all the same job, or else how are their roles different? What are their particular strengths and playing styles?

For me, skin tone is probably the biggest difference. Hasson being the whitest, then JSL gets a little darker, culminating in the darkest shade being Lui. I enjoy the blend.

Hasson and JSL seem to swap around depending on the opposition i think. Either that or Tooves just rotates them?

JSL seems to be slightly higher in the pecking order right now.
I was looking forward to seeing Hasson improve this year...hasn't had a lot of minutes really.
Lui has a go too, and hopefully gets the odd error out of his work soon.

You would think they should all get better, the more games they get together too.

Yep Stevo...I have noticed that.

Same with Horo, Choc sometimes...even Ferris!

But most of the time I can forgive it if they're having a dig. Can be bloody frustrating, but at least they're trying.

I'd have all of em over say, the She-Rex type...
Overpaid and lazy!

They all seem to have the same role; bump it up the middle.

The one that has impressed me most is JSL. He has really thrown his body into his work and brought some much needed aggression to proceedings.

Hasson was fantastic coming off the bench in the Cowboys game and lifted our intensity, but he seems to be lower in the pecking order.

Lui has been average, without being terrible. He drops the odd ball here and there, but put on a good hit in the Sharks game from memory, I just think he needs to start doing it week in, week out.

Overall, I think the three collectively have been pretty damn good all things considered (injuries/retirements/Kite and Rose leaving etc.).

I expected Hasson to have a breakout year but he hasn't produced. I know he's had limited minutes but he would have known that but it doesn't appear he is going flat out in the same manner that Lui and JSL do.

Snake said:
They all seem to have the same role; bump it up the middle.

The one that has impressed me most is JSL. He has really thrown his body into his work and brought some much needed aggression to proceedings.

Hasson was fantastic coming off the bench in the Cowboys game and lifted our intensity, but he seems to be lower in the pecking order.

Lui has been average, without being terrible. He drops the odd ball here and there, but put on a good hit in the Sharks game from memory, I just think he needs to start doing it week in, week out.

Overall, I think the three collectively have been pretty damn good all things considered (injuries/retirements/Kite and Rose leaving etc.).

Dunamis was really good last night. No errors that i saw and looked aggressive.

Stevo said:
Dunamis was really good last night. No errors that i saw and looked aggressive.

yep; he certainly had his best game for the club last night. He was very bruising in defence as well which is great to see!

Lui got my three points.
His best game in Maroon and White so far.

Bent the line, bruising in defence and one of the few to hang on to the bloody ball.

mave said:
Lui got my three points.
His best game in Maroon and White so far.

Bent the line, bruising in defence and one of the few to hang on to the bloody ball.

Agree, his best game so far but...
Looking at the stats, he was our 4th best prop.
Yes, he hung onto the ball but so did the other three props because they rarely looked to pass it which I assume was the game plan.

Lui's previous dropped ball issues haven't occurred because of off loads/passing game.
He had hands like feet.

Last night he had hands like the sportsbet bloke.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4