Josh Starling did not gouge his mate from Souths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
SEA Eagles prop Josh Starling has pleaded guilty to a charge of "making unnecessary dangerous contact" with the face of Rabbitohs player Dave Tyrell during last Friday's game at the SCG.

Read More

SEA Eagles prop Josh Starling has pleaded guilty to a charge of "making unnecessary dangerous contact" with the face of Rabbitohs player Dave Tyrell during last Friday's game at the SCG.

Josh-Starling.jpg
But Sea Eagles coach emphasised that there was no suggestion that Starling had gouged the eyes of the South Sydney player who is a good mate.

"You look at the video he is just pushing the bloke in the face to get him off," Toovey said

"And the other guy just gets up, there are no dramas, there was nothing to it"

He said the same thing happens in games every week.

"Under this charge I expect there will be five or six players charged every week with the same offence.

"And if they aren't there needs to be an inquiry."

Starling has pleaded not guilty to making a "crusher tackle" on Souths five-eighth Luke Keary in the same game and will face the judiciary tonight.

At the time there did not appear to be much in the incident.

If Starling is cleared he will be right to play in Sunday's game against the Titans on the Gold Coast.

If found guilty he will miss one game.

Centre Steve Matai is in severe doubt for the game after he injured his shoulder as the result of an alleged "crusher tackle" against Souths.
Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sea-eagle-josh-starling-did-not-gouge-his-mate-from-souths/story-fngr8iii-1227021995778

Jethro said:

Read More
so they are fighting one charge,thanks Jethro

The thing is that Starlo wasn't charged with eye gouging for the second charge, he was charged with unnecessary contact with the head. Which is an unbeatable charge really, he pushed the guy away from him by the head, absolute bull**** because it happens about 30 times in a game and we will have no one left playing if it gets pulled up consistently.

The cameron smith elbows to Ballins head was what the charge is for, not for trying to get a guy off you.

Unfortunately how do you fight it, he pushed Tyrell away by the head, therefore made unnecessary contact with the head.

If Starlo doesn't get off of the crusher charge then the game is going to start being lost to me, that is a BS charge and this amount of peoples time in fighting it should not be wasted. I would be pissed off if I had to be dragged into that circus

To show how stupid this eye gouge charge is. If you saw the vermin players mocking the so called victim about his mum supplying Rothtool with a picture it sums it up.

There is nothing in this and you FAILED Rothtool, you have also ensured that there will be charges coming every week once frame by frame pictures are released.

Its just another pathetic attempt by a so called Manly hating hack to incite trouble.

Rothfield is not interested in the actual game, the sport, or reporting on the great things that happen on the field. He is only interested in reporting crap negative stories and muckraking.

It is terrible that newspapers and media are about selling papers and not reporting the news.

Journalistic integrity used to mean something

Dan said:
The thing is that Starlo wasn't charged with eye gouging for the second charge, he was charged with unnecessary contact with the head. Which is an unbeatable charge really, he pushed the guy away from him by the head, absolute bull**** because it happens about 30 times in a game and we will have no one left playing if it gets pulled up consistently.

The cameron smith elbows to Ballins head was what the charge is for, not for trying to get a guy off you.

Unfortunately how do you fight it, he pushed Tyrell away by the head, therefore made unnecessary contact with the head.

Maybe he could have presented video of Captain Scum's incident a precedent and just argued he was being held down.

At least it would highlight the inconsistency / bias.

Brookie Brawler said:
Dan said:

Maybe he could have presented video of Captain Scum's incident a precedent and just argued he was being held down.

At least it would highlight the inconsistency / bias.

The judiciary don't care in that regard and two wrongs don't make a right

I wonder how many times in Friday nights game other Manly players pushed Souffs players off them with a hand in the face? And how many times did a Souffs player do that to one of our tacklers? Yet this particular one was put on the back page of the paper and Starling was consequently cited.

The fact is that Souffs obviously didn't think much of the incident since they didn't even make an informal complaint, let alone a formal one.

Slothfield is a complete and utter tool. Probably had one too many 6-packs of Tooheys I think.....

I wonder if he has ever gotten over 1973 or 1978? Sounds like he never will.

So a samantha bargearse can squirrel grip a player and all he gets is a letter from the nrl ceo to say don't do it again, but ever Manly player charged has to cop it. Sounds well fair

2V - shut up! Do not say there needs to be an inquiry that'll cost you $10K.

Everyone else can say what they like but you cannot.

Having said that I wonder what ever happened to the bucket of truth?

Following on from what @"Brookie Brawler" said - the fact scam smith got away with his elbow treatment of MattyB is a disgrace. Seems the MRC deal more harshly with offences commited by an away team! Both charges put on Starling pale by comparison to scam's cheap elbow shots (plural, i.e more than once did his elbow impact MattyB's head!) which were blatantly intentional. And they talk about unnecessary contact with the head! Seriously? Like others have said, the fact one of Starling's charges was basically brought about by the media is a joke... a very bad one at that!

It's like the administrators of this great game have a bet on to see how long Manly fans will continue to support the game with all their bias and BS. Dont even start me on Bellamy treatment compared to Toovey! #?$*! Well guess what - speaking for myself, I dont support the game any longer. But I'll be fkd if they are going to make me turn my back on my beloved mightly Sea Eagles! WILL NEVER HAPPEN! So a BIG FU very much to the powers that be!

We LOVE our team, our coach, our culture and that will NEVER change.
I can't wait to celebrate LOUDLY AND PROUDLY come the 1st week in October.

edit - not sure how to tag other member eg. brookie brawler; only got brookie part of his name..? someone give me a tip, cheers

Maybe we could start a sticky thread titled "Bogus stories by telegraph journos proven to be false" I'm sure it has been talked about before. Just a little record of each Journo and how much of their stories are true as opposed to gossip or complete bull****. @Dan

Oh and i'd love to see Starlo milk a penalty this weekend if he is pushed in the face

When players go to fight charges, are they given fair hearings anymore?

It seems that the 3 'wise' men of the judiciary appear offended that they have to make a ruling and generally side with the prosecution (unless you're part of toddy's bulldogs empire).

What happened to the good ol days of bringing in high priced lawyers to befuddle the ex-players on the judiciary, human movement experts, footage showing precedent, etc?

Daddycool08 said:
2V - shut up! Do not say there needs to be an inquiry that'll cost you $10K.

Everyone else can say what they like but you cannot.

Having said that I wonder what ever happened to the bucket of truth?

What Tooves needs to do is learn off by heart all the complaints about refs made by Thurston, Bellyache and others where the NRL has not acted and just use those in his press conference and the NRL won't be able to touch him.
We can only hope that Bellyache has a run in with Hayne before the end of the season so that the NRL sack him before we have to deal with him in another GF.

EagleBoi13 said:
Following on from what @Brookie Brawler said - the fact scam smith got away with his elbow treatment of MattyB is a disgrace. Seems the MRC deal more harshly with offences commited by an away team! Both charges put on Starling pale by comparison to scam's cheap elbow shots (plural, i.e more than once did his elbow impact MattyB's head!) which were blatantly intentional. And they talk about unnecessary contact with the head! Seriously? Like others have said, the fact one of Starling's charges was basically brought about by the media is a joke... a very bad one at that!

It's like the administrators of this great game have a bet on to see how long Manly fans will continue to support the game with all their bias and BS. Dont even start me on Bellamy treatment compared to Toovey! #?$*! Well guess what - speaking for myself, I dont support the game any longer. But I'll be fkd if they are going to make me turn my back on my beloved mightly Sea Eagles! WILL NEVER HAPPEN! So a BIG FU very much to the powers that be!

We LOVE our team, our coach, our culture and that will NEVER change.
I can't wait to celebrate LOUDLY AND PROUDLY come the 1st week in October.

edit - not sure how to tag other member eg. brookie brawler; only got brookie part of his name..? someone give me a tip, cheers

This post should help you to do that.

EagleBoi13 said:

@Brookie loves it when that happens. Makes @Brookie feel special & loved. That is until @Brookie realises that the poster was talking about brookie brawler or brookvale oval. :p

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6