1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Josh Perry

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by offside monkey, Oct 14, 2010.

1. offside monkey

offside monkey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello there, i'm a St Helens fan that's got a little question -

We've signed up Josh Perry for next season and I just wondered whether you could let me know more about what sort of player we're getting?

I've seen a little of him playing for Australia, but that's about it. I've checked you tube but the only clips seem to be of him fighting!

2. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,798 / 122
    popular with the ladies.

3. Mybludog

Mybludog Active Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0
    do you spank it much ?

4. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Ask Clint Newton about that hahaha

5. Merdy33

Merdy33 Active Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 2
    When his mind is on the job, he's very good. A real metre eater who can also hit in defence. He put Ben Ross on a stretcher during his first game for us in 2008, and Ben hasn't played much (if at all) since.

He was very good for us in 2008, but has only showed glimpses of that form since. He can also give away a penalty.

Overall, he'll probably be good for you, and I wish him all the best.

6. Daddycool

Daddycool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +283 / 2
    He can be a very good player when he's motivated. His problem is he gets complacent and once that happens he becomes less & less effective.

When he came to us in 2008, he really worked hard to impress in order to earn a starting spot, which he did. He was fantastic that year and a big factor behind our premiership.

We've struggled the last 2 years with injuries, particularly Brett Stewart's and that has effected the whole side, including Josh. As the form disappeared so did the motivation and he wasn't offered a contract.

The good news is...... a new club will most likely mean a fresh outlook. Once the crowds start getting up him (probably simply for just being Australian), I can see the "I'll prove you all wrong" mentality kicking in...... and he should end up being a more than handy player for you.

7. Jonesyv2

Jonesyv2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    I like to call him the Turtle, because when he's tackled no matter how or where he ends up on his back and is slow to his feet.

8. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    I reckon he will go pretty well over there

9. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,534 / 32
    He was a good signing for us in 2008. Has big game experience and is still only 29. Has'nt shown the form he did in the first year for us but the change could revitalize him. I think he will be a useful signing for St Helens.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your local pizza hut, KFC, Maccas and Hungry Jacks stores will be very happy to see him.

11. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
  12. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    mate he wont take a backwards step, can do some silly stuff , but thats all props been hit in the head 1 too many times..he will try & dominate the middle for you`s every game , he can play the enforcer part..  can go missing in games also..

13. blitzkrieg

blitzkrieg Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Its England, he'll probably win the man of steel award next year!

14. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    If a premiership is a possibility he will fire up and head toward it, but seems to go missing after it is won.

No doubt the guy has a lot of talent and skill but doesn't always use it

15. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    good buy for you, you'll win a comp this year or next.

He's won 2 premierships here, So the new environment will motivate this fella.

So who are we going to replace Perry with? any juniors coming thru?

16. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    We've had a couple of excellent juniors come through the last few years.  Waera-Hargraves and Tasi ...  :'(

17. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7