Josh Massoud tweeted recruitment news?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Elgey will be world class. This is the best investment the club could of made. We are not buying to win a comp next year. We are buying to dominate for the next 10 years.

dont think it will complicate a thing. They wont offer wolfie another contract, williame isnt setting the world on fire. Then if an injury comes along, like now then its a smart purchase. Not as if he is going to cost big money.
It complicates things because he is coming on the provision of a FG position. He is looking to leave Newcastle because he is behind Sione Mata'utia, McManus, and Uate. He is not going to come to Manly to play behind Turbo, Gutho, Taufua, Blair, and potentially even Hiku (If Lyon stays at centre); He'd look elsewhere to get a start if that was the case. If he comes to Manly, it's to play FG.

This is potentially great news, but if it wasn't heard in a cafe it hasn't happened ;)

I truly hope if true one of Kelly's most vocal critics will be as vocal in their retraction of their unfounded and petty criticisms

So at the end of 2017 we will have Elgey , Tom & Jake , as well as Clinton Gutherson all coming off contract at the same time. Can't wait for that.

You will also have snake, lyon and skivvy and ballin all retiring at the end of 16/17, so I imagine if they want to stay and are performing, they will all be given sizeable contract extensions.

It complicates things because he is coming on the provision of a FG position. He is looking to leave Newcastle because he is behind Sione Mata'utia, McManus, and Uate. He is not going to come to Manly to play behind Turbo, Gutho, Taufua, Blair, and potentially even Hiku (If Lyon stays at centre); He'd look elsewhere to get a start if that was the case. If he comes to Manly, it's to play FG.
I would doubt that any assurances of that nature would be made to him. If the club get him for a good price then i would say go for it. He would know the score.

The way Kelly is going the announcement will be that Arko has signed on board to be Bozo's assistant to try and fix everything (not a mistake they will admit too mind you) that the new owners ****ed.
Mate you just cracked me up big time! Haven't enjoyed a laugh as much for a while.

Exactly the same reason we lose Whare to the Riff. He wanted to play centre in first grade and was next to no chance here with Killer and Skivy in front of him. He didn't want to be stuck on the wing so we let him go. I wish we had kept him to be honest.

Sounds promising question however, looking to the future I have the feeling gutherson will be our 6 but where does Tom fit?
Does Jorge go to the pack we cannot hold kick back or we lose him.

I won't be getting excited until it's official.

That is, announced by Ryan. @:D

Manly will re-sign Jake and Tom Trbojevic, Kane Elgey set to sign two-year deal
  • THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
  • APRIL 28, 2015 12:00AM
MANLY are set to announce the re-signings of exciting brothers Jake and Tom Trbojevic to one-year extensions.

Off contract at the end of next year, 21-year-old prop Jake and 18-year-old outside back Tom, will commit to stay at Brookvale for the 2017 season.

In more good news for The Sea Eagles, half-back target Kane Elgey is expected to finalise his future as early as Tuesday where it’s believed the Titans’ No. 7 will sign a two-year deal to replace the Gold Coast-bound Daly Cherry-Evans at the Sea Eagles.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...gn-two-year-deal/story-fni3gnk1-1227323682177

So at the end of 2017 we will have Elgey , Tom & Jake , as well as Clinton Gutherson all coming off contract at the same time. Can't wait for that.

I think it's the tv rights coming up so most managers won't let the players over extend.

I do fear for that though if they all become the stars we hope they become.

Chez only signed for 2 years too, but has an option to extend for another 2.
The TV Rights deal is too big a factor to ignore in signing away one's talent

There is also the fact our senior guys last season is 2017 so a lot of money will get freed up. That plus the new TV deal means they will be up for big raises all things being equal.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7