Joseph Paulo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MWSE said:
People go on about why sign other players and not gifty.

Here it is:

1. Sign G.Stewart to a sum he would find agreeable (450-600k range)
2. Lose T.Symonds, J.Buhrer, J.Sene-Lefao

OR

1. Don't re-sign G.Stewart
2. Re-sign T.Symonds, J.Buhrer, J.Sene-Lefao with the funds you would have used for G.Stewart.

Thankyou! Finally, someone else who isn't blinded by emotion. I'd also like Manly to sign Paulo, he's under-rated.

No Thanks we have plenty of quality in the backrow, would rather see us sign a barnstorming front-rower from somewhere! Martin Kennedy or Ben Hannant could fit the bill!

Manly To Win! said:
MWSE said:
People go on about why sign other players and not gifty.

Here it is:

1. Sign G.Stewart to a sum he would find agreeable (450-600k range)
2. Lose T.Symonds, J.Buhrer, J.Sene-Lefao

OR

1. Don't re-sign G.Stewart
2. Re-sign T.Symonds, J.Buhrer, J.Sene-Lefao with the funds you would have used for G.Stewart.

Thankyou! Finally, someone else who isn't blinded by emotion. I'd also like Manly to sign Paulo, he's under-rated.

I'm not blinded by emotion; just not overly-excited by Paulo now.

Plus those guys mentioned (Symonds, Buhrer and JSL) are easily ahead of him for mine.

Not forgetting Choc, Horo,Lui, Hasson,Sao...even Andrews seems mobile enough to play back-row.

Next year is also the 3rd and last year of Chee Kam's deal (to impress or play himself out of Manly).

Sure, ultra-cheap you'd give him a chance...A lotta blokes get a look in first.

Plus a confirmed signing is the Nth Pride 2nd rower now, too. Blake Leary getting a big wrap from (Dave) Warwick (and a 2yr deal) is enough for me!

Some of you folk need to give Paulo a chance. Think of the World Cup when he was playing in the halves with a team of nobodies. Must be some good leadership qualities there.

Parra don't really have him doing much ball playing.

Give him to our Coaching Staff and watch a diamond get polished.

I've seen a bit of Leary. He's a good young talent, but I am expecting he's a work in progress. Expect a similar development path to what Tyson has had this year. I am more surprised that Master Warwick was chasing a back rower. Like many of you I thought our better players in the 20's the last couple of years have been back rowers, Dylan Kelly, Liam Knight, Jamil Hopoate and was expecting those guys to all be playing NSW Cup next year.

Jason Demetriou as a replacement for Willow on the other hand. I think I was calling for that 12 months ago but didn't get my wish. Give it time Demetriou will be in the NRL in some capacity. Cairns v Penrith Grandfinal will be interesting indeed.

We Don't need props. We need depth in the Backrow so the Props can play at Prop.

Dunamis Lui and James Hasson have both played a bit of Back row this year. Lui started a few games not so long ago in the back row.

Props-

Lawrence
Starling
King
Lui
Andrews
Hasson

Backrowers-

Watmough
Buhrer
Horo
Symonds
Sene-Lefao

They are only the regulars but really we have more props than back rowers and as soon as a back rower is injured and another is suspended then we end up with Lui and Hasson playing back there.

Stevo said:
We Don't need props. We need depth in the Backrow so the Props can play at Prop.

Dunamis Lui and James Hasson have both played a bit of Back row this year. Lui started a few games not so long ago in the back row.

Props-

Lawrence
Starling
King
Lui
Andrews
Hasson

Backrowers-

Watmough
Buhrer
Horo
Symonds
Sene-Lefao

They are only the regulars but really we have more props than back rowers and as soon as a back rower is injured and another is suspended then we end up with Lui and Hasson playing back there.

You beat me to it Stevo, I was thinking the same thing - Jesse, Hasson, Lui to be front rowers down the track.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4