Jose - the making of a Manly Legend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
eagles2win said:
MWSE said:
Just goes to show that character is a key consideration when recruiting players. Buhrer comes to mind as well. Whilst getting rid of the JWH type of players.

The club wanted to keep JWH.

Unfortunately we have run out of brown paper bags

Eagles 78 said:
What a great story & read & …

What was really nice Jorge getting the Channel 9 Man of the Match last week !

It is very rare for a winger to get MOM (and Semi !) but he thoroughly deserve it !

Did you see him come back into the dressing room after the Cowboys game with the envelop and all the players clapping and the whole team with big smiles on their faces.

His contract has been upgraded in the new deal for 2013 & 14, but what the NRL must do is allow a club to top up a player’s contract if on the lower tier contract and that player is playing NRL first grade on a CONTINUOUS basis. Clubs can’t do that if hitting the salary cap and most clubs hit the cap each year.

What I say each club has an allowance of say additional $200k to $300k (bonus pool) to only go to a lower tier players contracts and ONLY if they player plays continuous NRL 1st grade on that lower based contract.

We had the same problem with DCE in 2011. So each club can go over the cap if paying out those bonuses (they need to apply to the NRL on each case), but can only pay this smallish Bonus pool to only your lowered tier contracted players ON AS NEED BASIS (but that is capped).

C'mon the NRL?

Great suggestion. Also the salary cap needs to increase now on the basis that that the extra money is spread around so that no player in the top 25 or 30 at a club is on less than $100k pa.

Eagles 78 said:
but what the NRL must do is allow a club to top up a player’s contract if on the lower tier contract and that player is playing NRL first grade on a CONTINUOUS basis. Clubs can’t do that if hitting the salary cap and most clubs hit the cap each year.

What I say each club has an allowance of say additional $200k to $300k (bonus pool) to only go to a lower tier players contracts and ONLY if they player plays continuous NRL 1st grade on that lower based contract.

We had the same problem with DCE in 2011. So each club can go over the cap if paying out those bonuses (they need to apply to the NRL on each case), but can only pay this smallish Bonus pool to only your lowered tier contracted players ON AS NEED BASIS (but that is capped).

C'mon the NRL?

Not bad Eagles78.

Knowing how the NRL takes even the most sensible suggestion and minimises it, maybe your suggestion could apply to ONLY those lower tier players in their introductory NRL year.

The fact that they are lower tier almost automatically conditions this suggestion to their first year in the NRL, but I would bet the NRL would want to see the rules limited to that first year "end game" condition.

stoodamire said:
"In the end, it was not really my dream to play rugby league as a kid and now I just want to earn enough money to get my parents their own house."

Hmm, does that mean he won't have the drive to win when it comes down to the crunch?

He will leave Manly if the money is better elsewhere ala T-Rex?

i thought the same when i read the article...
hopefully he falls under the guidance/influence of choc & skiv who want to play all of their career with manly

tookey said:
eagles2win said:
MWSE said:
Just goes to show that character is a key consideration when recruiting players. Buhrer comes to mind as well. Whilst getting rid of the JWH type of players.

The club wanted to keep JWH.

Unfortunately we have run out of brown paper bags

Eagles 78 said:
What a great story & read & …

What was really nice Jorge getting the Channel 9 Man of the Match last week !

It is very rare for a winger to get MOM (and Semi !) but he thoroughly deserve it !

Did you see him come back into the dressing room after the Cowboys game with the envelop and all the players clapping and the whole team with big smiles on their faces.

His contract has been upgraded in the new deal for 2013 & 14, but what the NRL must do is allow a club to top up a player’s contract if on the lower tier contract and that player is playing NRL first grade on a CONTINUOUS basis. Clubs can’t do that if hitting the salary cap and most clubs hit the cap each year.

C'mon the NRL?

Great suggestion. Also the salary cap needs to increase now on the basis that that the extra money is spread around so that no player in the top 25 or 30 at a club is on less than $100k pa.

I think Jorge based contract this year was around $30k, but with some increases he may get up to $70k this year, but that is all he is getting paid and paying NRL this year. Manly are not allow to pay him anymore per the NRL salaray cap rules !!

stoodamire said:
"In the end, it was not really my dream to play rugby league as a kid and now I just want to earn enough money to get my parents their own house."

Hmm, does that mean he won't have the drive to win when it comes down to the crunch?

He will leave Manly if the money is better elsewhere ala T-Rex?

Who could blame him though. He's a kid with a heart of gold who wants to look after his family. He should take the best opportunities he can get. Hopefully that is with Manly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4