Jorge Taufua

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan79 said:
bennyeagle said:
This will s**t me to tears if we lose wolfman !

Yeah you are right. the club should consult all the fans and get there preferences, and sign them in the order that suits the most people.

If you want to play that argument, then the club should hold off on signing anyone until Brett signs......

Be thankful that we have signed a young player with a big future ahead.

The sky is falling

abd-262.gif

EagleRock40 said:
swoop said:
He's been pretty good, he's only a youngster and will get better. I can't understand why some posters put s**t on him, sure he's got plenty to learn but he's signed til 2014. Some are quick to pass judgement.

His only downfall is his ability under the cross field kick, which alot of posters will crucify him for and I'm sure he could rectify this over the coming months. His attacking stats are always pretty good - runs hard, attracts plenty of defenders and has good footwork. Good signing for us imo.

I said he still has plenty to learn, but Duffie made him look worse. Having said that Duffie is the best player in the NRL in regards to defusing bombs or catching cross-field kicks to score tries

Good signing, hope he continues to improve.

Catching the bomb:

Look at ball.
Place hand in catching position in the trajectory of said ball,
Catch.

Given we are losing oldy and whare next year we had to keep Jorge.

@ 20 he has postential and if you look at the other thread's wingers list most on there are defensive liabilities

Cameron said:
He's like John hopoate without the grubbiness I like him. I'm sure the coaching staff are working on his placement in defense and his positioning for kicks.

Unfortunately every time he gets the ball kicked to his corner or he plays it weird i feel like he is Hoppa Snr, he gives me a bloody heart palpitation. He started out great but has gone backwards since his first game. Very bad under high ball. I hope he improves, we really need him to now. We arent like the Storm with 47 replacement outside backs that are all origin standard.

Good news especially as we have lost Whare and Oldie. If Jorge can improve under the high ball he could go from zero to hero very quickly and become one of our favorite players. He has loads of potential, lets see if Tooves can unlock it.

torana355 said:
Good news especially as we have lost Whare and Oldie. If Jorge can improve under the high ball he could go from zero to hero very quickly and become one of our favorite players. He has loads of potential, lets see if Tooves can unlock it.

You have him as a zero atm?

torana355 said:

You have to be kidding. Its Round 16 ! do we have time for this 'coaching and improvement' ? Wot a waste of cap $$. I find JT incredibly frustrating. Matai comes back, Whare on Left, Oldie on Right.
Wolfie comes back, Phone call to Michael Robertson. End of story.

Good to see the Daily Telegrap is up to speed, it was anounced yesterday on the MWSE site that he's signed, yet that are reporting it this afternoon.

swoop said:
He's been pretty good, he's only a youngster and will get better. I can't understand why some posters put s**t on him, sure he's got plenty to learn but he's signed til 2014. Some are quick to pass judgement.

It's quite simple. He is not suitable as a winger. He can't, or won't jump for the high ball - and that's probably the most important attribute of a winger these days. So many tries are scored this way. With Jorge, it's all being scored against him.
I'm not, nor have I ever, said he doesn't have talent. But just like T-Rex he is not suited to wing. I have suggested he be tried as a lock in the NSW Cup. He is good and strong running the ball.
That's the reason. It's not that we are picking on him, moreso we are picking on the selectors who are playing him out of position.

The Who said:
swoop said:

It's quite simple. He is not suitable as a winger. He can't, or won't jump for the high ball - and that's probably the most important attribute of a winger these days. So many tries are scored this way. With Jorge, it's all being scored against him.
I'm not, nor have I ever, said he doesn't have talent.
He has talent for running - when he has the ball in his hands. But has anyone seen him throw a good ball back infield when in attacking position ? Has anyone seen him leap and catch the ball in THE OPPOSITION's in goal. ?
I hope we didn't pay overs.

The Who said:
swoop said:

I'm not, nor have I ever, said he doesn't have talent. But just like T-Rex he is not suited to wing. I have suggested he be tried as a lock in the NSW Cup. He is good and strong running the ball.
That's the reason. It's not that we are picking on him, moreso we are picking on the selectors who are playing him out of position.

There's next to no chance of him playing in the backrow due to our depth in that dept. The kid is only 20 and I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt atm.

Vyssini said:
The best thing about Jorge is that he will be with the mighty Manly Warringah Sea Eagles for another two and a half years at least. We don't have to worry about him going to the rooters, the chihuahuas etc.
Young bloke with heaps of potential that nobody had playing in firsts this year. With time will form probably the scariest left sided attack in the comp with Kfoz and magic!!!

Top post

swoop said:
Good to see the Daily Telegrap is up to speed, it was anounced yesterday on the MWSE site that he's signed, yet that are reporting it this afternoon.

The club updated their site? :twitch:

EagleFromMay1967 said:
torana355 said:

You have to be kidding. Its Round 16 ! do we have time for this 'coaching and improvement' ? Wot a waste of cap $$. I find JT incredibly frustrating. Matai comes back, Whare on Left, Oldie on Right.
Wolfie comes back, Phone call to Michael Robertson. End of story.

You do realise at the same stage of his career people were calling Matai crap, not up to NRL standard and a **** defender don't you ?

Luckily the coaches we have had over the years understand that 10-15 games is not enough games to write a player off

He was crap on Monday night. Really unsure of his positioning, and looked really slow. But as people are saying, is still young, so hopefully some improvement in him left.

Crusher_Cleal said:
He was crap on Monday night. Really unsure of his positioning, and looked really slow. But as people are saying, is still young, so hopefully some improvement in him left.

Taufua demonstrated his talents during Monday night's loss to the Storm at Brookvale. He made 230m from 19 runs, the most metres by any player in the game. He also had six tackle breaks, two offloads and three linebreaks.

Yeh, had a real crap game.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6