[Resurrected] Jorge TAUFUA

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mickyj

Reserve Grader
Jorge TAUFUA is the only player in the NRL Squad I don't know a lot about. Did not see many 20s games.

Can someone tell me what they know and think about him.

he has come from parra played 20s last season and come into the top squad this year. Could he be in the running for one of the wing spots? According to site was a star in 20s last season and is big.

By all reports he was a stand out in U20s, cant say I have seen him myself but if he is as good as a lot of other ex parra juniors (Trex, Bruher etc) I will be happy

The Wheel said:
By all reports he was a stand out in U20s, cant say I have seen him myself but if he is as good as a lot of other ex parra juniors (Trex, Bruher etc) I will be happy

A look alike, play alike ....... Hoppa jnr? Hoppa2.

a real standout in toyota cup. Played fullback and really ran like a tank. Pretty quick and quite safe under the high ball. Another top option in the backs with oldfield, whare, riccardi, jorge and another to watch, patrick sipley who could be anything on the right wing.

Darren said:
a real standout in toyota cup. Played fullback and really ran like a tank. Pretty quick and quite safe under the high ball. Another top option in the backs with oldfield, whare, riccardi, jorge and another to watch, patrick sipley who could be anything on the right wing.

Darren... very interesting comment but do you have any more info on Patrick Sipley please? Many of us would be very much in the dark, even though it is broad daylight...

hi arty, his profile is on the official site to look as well in toyota cup profiles. he is 19 and from nz. he is 193cm and 108kg so big for a winger. he is pretty quick though and makes lots of metres. it will be interesting to watch him progress this year.

Jorge has been terrific for the club since his debut in 2012, ten full seasons in the top 30 squad.

This looks like his last season with the club as a player, turns 30 this year, still young enough for a few more seasons if he can land a spot somewhere.

When reuben was running those 10 metres to the tryline I was thinking 'If that was Jorge, this is 100% a try coming up.'

to Rubes' credit, he didn't get bundled out once.

I love Jorge as a player and all he did (so far) in first grade...but time waits for no man (unless it's Rubes lining up for a kick) and I'm not sure what Manly has planned for him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4