Jorge Taufua re-signs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

the mauler

Bencher
Reported in the SMH that Jorge has re-signed with Manly for a further 2 years. Looks like with Trex leaving we've got money to re-sign a few more guys that are off contact. Fingers crossed that Snake and Lussick are next.

Dunno about Jorge. Very rocks or diamonds type. Hopefully Wolfman gets fit, and they are our wing combinations.

Don't know what this means for Oldfield, unless Wolf is being released to the UK.

You'd then say our wing pairing would be getting paid peanuts.

I had hoped that we could have kept Whare as he is more in the mould of Hoppa jnr. But it's not to be. Jorge has played 9 fg games and has a long way to go but I see a great deal to like. No problems from me in giving him a bit more time and the club obviously thinks he will be good.

I would have preferred to get Whare, he can cover fullback very well, wing and centre. It seems centre is his position however and with two internationals already there, we just don't have the room to fit him.

Happy to have Jorge back, he is solid and still has a lot of improvement in him. He reminds me of Hoppa Snr and I think will make a great football with more experience. Like oldfield, he just needs to work a little on his positioning

Very happy abpout this to be honest, Jorge has a tonne of potential.

People rave about Whare but remember, he has been around the first grade setup for 3 years.

Given time Jorge will be a star

Disco said:
Very happy abpout this to be honest, Jorge has a tonne of potential.

People rave about Whare but remember, he has been around the first grade setup for 3 years.

Given time Jorge will be a star

Perhaps, but not as a winger. Look at the builds of the new breed of wingers and you'll find they are tall, fast, with a good leap, good hands and great agility. Jorge doesn't contest bombs, and is destined to be a forward, imo.

Jorge is not even 21 yet (birthday in October), so he is doing ok in NRL considering his age. Most players seem to improve with experience in NRL, like Daniel Harrison. I think this would apply to Oldfield as well.

Great news, I see alot of potential in Jorge!
Have we seen him with the ball in the clear yet? I can't remember seeing it..

His preferred position is centre, so if he kicks on he might snare Killers spot when he retires. Don't think he's played much wing, he's still learning and looks to have potential. Time will tell I guess.

I reckon Jorge has been excellent. Sure he's dropped a few but his metres have been extremely important. He's gone a way to making up for what we lost with Hoppa leaving last year. These days where you start your sets from is extremely important and he's helping out a great deal in that aspect.

Its a good signing and im sure he isnt on very high dollars right now hence the 2 year contract.

Oldy needs to play outside Lyon, they work very well together.

Hard to get excited about wingers to be honest. They're a dime a dozen and you never hear of an NRL side struggling to fill a wing spot. Some are better than others, but generally you shouldn't pay overs for them.

I appreciate that he is always looking to relieve pressure off the forwards with plenty of hit ups. Very Hoppa Snr like and something we rarely see from Oldfield.
Ben Farrar will be a handy utility backup next year.

he's an improver, little things are starting to come together for him. With more experience and time spent building combinations he should be a gun.
Notice he plays the ball properly now too, was a bit iffy early in the season on that. Good to see the club re-signing early on with some young guys rather than waiting until everyone else is interested and paying more.

Chip and Chase said:
Hard to get excited about wingers to be honest. They're a dime a dozen and you never hear of an NRL side struggling to fill a wing spot. Some are better than others, but generally you shouldn't pay overs for them.

Very big call. Most fifth tackle plays involve a kick to a winger. Most tries these days are scored by wingers from kicks. The role of the winger is far more valuable than ever.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4