Jorge Taufua charged with spitting at a cop.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Jorge Taufua: Charged with spitting at a cop.

The Eagle said:
Ryan said:
Stiffi said:
My god, nothing short or a completely stupid act. Yes, most of us have had times when we have been utterly drunk & can't remember, but to spit on someone doesn't say much for an individual. Just like those wankers who get overly aggressive & carry on like wankers when they drink, if you can't handle the grog, then don't drink. He has sadly branded himself for life now. Let's just hope he moves on & matures from this.

Remember before you crucify him, Benji Marshall did that but 12 months ago, and he's one of the faces of the league and channel 9.

Also, don't under estimate the discrimination of our northern partners police force. You'd find it terrible if you knew some of the stories I was told.

They are 80's cops still.

There's always two stories, and I'm sure Jorge wouldn't have spit at an officer doing things by the book.

I'm also not making excuses, but lets balance ourselves here.

We don't know the full story either like why the f**k was his eye bandaged?

Exactly mate. Still upset at you not getting us into the Bulldogs game at Brookie sheds though :) Gutted tbh :)

He not the first and he won't be the last kid to make an idiot of himself on the grog. Hopefully he learns from this, he has'nt killed anybody, no big deal.

The Eagle said:
Ryan said:
Stiffi said:
My god, nothing short or a completely stupid act. Yes, most of us have had times when we have been utterly drunk & can't remember, but to spit on someone doesn't say much for an individual. Just like those wankers who get overly aggressive & carry on like wankers when they drink, if you can't handle the grog, then don't drink. He has sadly branded himself for life now. Let's just hope he moves on & matures from this.

Remember before you crucify him, Benji Marshall did that but 12 months ago, and he's one of the faces of the league and channel 9.

Also, don't under estimate the discrimination of our northern partners police force. You'd find it terrible if you knew some of the stories I was told.

They are 80's cops still.

There's always two stories, and I'm sure Jorge wouldn't have spit at an officer doing things by the book.

I'm also not making excuses, but lets balance ourselves here.

We don't know the full story either like why the f**k was his eye bandaged?

Yes, fair call guys. Hopefully I have jumped the gun here. It does seem a bit obscure compared with his on field demeanor

I know from direct personal experience that many people get charged by police without having committed any offence. In fact I was once convicted of assaulting police and it just didn't happen. Our criminal justice system is better than some other countries but that doesn't mean it is fair, let alone infallible.

It is disappointing that so many posts above assume he is guilty. Nothing at all learned from the Brett Stewart saga. Innocent until proven guilty, people. At this point in time that remains each citizen's fundamental right.

Not a great act and not what the club needed but for god sake what about innocent until proven guilty.

We don't know the full facts yet, was he really spitting at the double smoked bacon and did he even hit him or her with the spit. Who is not to say the pigs are over exaggerating the charges, its not the first time and it will never be the last time to have happened.

If he is guilty of anything it is letting himself down for getting into this situation but I will reserve judgement until further details are released.

Whether the charge will hold up or not, his Mum will be the one that Jorge has to explain this 3am altercation to.:dodgy:

Manly Management has to be strict with these off field anti social behaviour issues. The Player Contracts all have clauses in, regarding the protection of the Brand etc.

Spitting is disgusting on and off the field :mad: No excuses!

If Jorge ends up with a criminal record, Manly should release him and give his position to a man who appreciates the opportunities afforded by a Public Profile:exclamation:

Well we can always go to the manly website for the up to date latest news...

*checks*

"No comment!"

And now we're up to date!

HappilyManly said:
Whether the charge will hold up or not, his Mum will be the one that Jorge has to explain this 3am altercation to.:dodgy:

Manly Management has to be strict with these off field anti social behaviour issues. The Player Contracts all have clauses in, regarding the protection of the Brand etc.

Spitting is disgusting on and off the field :mad: No excuses!

If Jorge ends up with a criminal record, Manly should release him and give his position to a man who appreciates the opportunities afforded by a Public Profile:exclamation:

We release him and another club signs him on the cheap.
If guilty his penalties should not involve being sacked.Todd Carney is a good example,he stuffs up and the media bully the club into sacking him,he turns around and signs with another club and it's all ok.
If guilty Jorge should be harshly dealt with as this kind of behavior is not on,but sacking him is not the answer...

SeaEagleRock8 said:
There is a statement on that site.

I know.

It says - we have heard what's happened, no further comment.

just to prove we can both read and summarise :)

It also referred to the incident as "alleged" and confirmed no other Manly players were involved.

By the way, I assume Tafua was a teammate of Jason Annear last year?

Cops make stuff up all the time. I was booked recently for riding my bike on the footpath. Didn't happen. Cop was just being an arsehole. If Jorge did it, then fine him, give him a stern talking to and move on. If the club sacks him, that's a complete over-reaction. Some very good players are just not very smart. That's a fact. Fittler and Johns are prime examples.

Chip and Chase said:
Let's not get carried away until we have the whole story. He may well have been explaining the correct traditional pronunciation of his name to the police man, who mistook the sound for him hockin up a golly and letting it fly.

Exactly.

Hor-hey (Jorge) = him hockin up a golly

Taufua = letting the golly fly

:D

StuBoot said:
Spitting is lowest of the low

This could come close
10_15_6.gif

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I know from direct personal experience that many people get charged by police without having committed any offence. In fact I was once convicted of assaulting police and it just didn't happen. Our criminal justice system is better than some other countries but that doesn't mean it is fair, let alone infallible.

It is disappointing that so many posts above assume he is guilty. Nothing at all learned from the Brett Stewart saga. Innocent until proven guilty, people. At this point in time that remains each citizen's fundamental right.

Most comments are not "assuming he is guilty" just making a general comment on spitting and "if" he is guilty what should be the punishment.

DSM5 said:
Cops make stuff up all the time. I was booked recently for riding my bike on the footpath. Didn't happen. Cop was just being an arsehole. If Jorge did it, then fine him, give him a stern talking to and move on. If the club sacks him, that's a complete over-reaction. Some very good players are just not very smart. That's a fact. Fittler and Johns are prime examples.

I know how low some cops can go to cover their arses first hand but in the end we are all human and it happens in all walks of life.

Lets just say this police officer was charged and got off on a technicality (i think it was considered an unavoidable incident in the line of duty or along those lines)from a very very very sympathetic judge.

Todd Greenturd must be laughing all the way to News Limited.....imagine tomorrows [email protected] hey if it is true....how stupid is he

Jorge Taufua: Charged with spitting at a cop.

DSM5 said:

So you are finally admitting Fittler was a good player. Lol.

I hope Jorge doesn't get sacked from the club. If he's guilty of the crime there should be consequences and I'm sure his family will be ashamed and disappointed. He should be fined, made to apologise and do some community work.
I think Jorge's age should be taken into consideration with how this pans out. In no way do I condone what he's accused of doing but I believe a young guy with no previous offenses deserves a second chance. If he stuffs up again then he probably doesn't deserve to be a Sea Eagle.

I don't think the club would sack him over this, may get a wrap across the knuckles and that's all it deserves.

It's not like he bit someones ear or was amusing a granny or even worse starting a riot and burning a storm jersey :)

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7