Jorge Taufua charged with spitting at a cop.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
This from the herald:

MANLY Sea Eagles winger Jorge Taufua has been charged with assault for allegedly spitting at a police officer on the Gold Coast overnight.

It's alleged the 20-year-old rookie player was arrested at 3.35am outside Shooters nightclub in Surfers Paradise.

He faced the Southport Magistrates Court this morning with his head and right eye heavily bandaged and his hands cuffed in front of him.

Taufua had been staying at Crowne Plaza in Surfers Paradise with friends before the alleged incident this morning.

Police did not oppose bail but asked for a disease test to be carried out.

Magistrate John Costanzo granted bail but banned him from attending any licensed premises in Queensland.

He will also have to report to the Mt Druitt Police Station.

The duty lawyer said Taufua has no criminal history.

RE: Jorge Taufua has been arrested

oh no....

maybe the copper should have gotten out of his way?

sauce?

edit: ah good old shooters, sounds like it hasn't changed?

Maybe it wasn't Jorge. It might have been someone who is a spitting image of him :p

Pity it wasnt someone on more money, could of helped solve our cap issues.

What a dickhead. He had a great year and ends it this way. Now this will always be a cloud over his head. Feck i'm dissapointed.

so is it still alledged? or did he do it?

hate people jumping the gun!

Jorge Taufua has been arrested

Sounds unsavoury but I'll reserve my judgement until more facts are known & the club responds :(

He needs to call Shane Dunley to arrange his defence.

Seriously what is wrong with these football players.

they are young and stupid, over paid and underworked.

It's not the worst crime. A worse crime would be a Bulldogs player doing exactly the same thing.

Jorge Taufua has been arrested

Fro said:
they are young and stupid, over paid and underworked.

Well in the case of Hor-hay at least we know he's not overpaid...

Wow, i wasn't aware you can be charged with assault for merely spitting at someone. Did it hit him? lol

It seems odd that he is charged with assault but he is the one with his head heavily bandaged? Did the policeman he spat at have a bandaged fist?

Well we have been out of the news for all the wrong reasons of late, so it was only a matter of time.

Stevo said:
Wow, i wasn't aware you can be charged with assault for merely spitting at someone. Did it hit him? lol

Of course you can

there is assault and there is battery, dunno what the exact difference is

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7