Jorge reinvigorated

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He got a brace tonight!
image.jpg

Jorge has been impressive running the ball out of our own end.

5 tries in 2 games speaks for itself.

He's approaching the type of form that had him in the eyes of the NSW selectors a few years ago.

There's no questioning his power, meter getting and try scoring ability. Go back a few weeks to the Broncos game and there first two tries came from him dropping a high ball and knocking on bringing the ball out of the in goal.

I don't know why every team every week in not targeting his wing with high kicks. The good teams will.

Jorge is much better catching a bomb when he doesn't jump for the ball. When he jumps he either gets nowhere near it or knocks it on. But catching it with his feet planted....I have rarely seen him drop those, even when under pressure.

Last edited:
Jorge is much better catching a bomb when he doesn't jump for the ball. When he jumps he either gets nowhere near it or knocks it on. But catching it with his feet planted....I have rarely seen him drop those, even when under pressure.
Yes, and he has much more difficulty when players are running through in attack and trying to contest for the ball and put pressure on him. That's where Matai and Foran need to help him by blocking the contest which they have been doing reasonably effectively lately.

I always thought it must have been the shoulder injury that hampered him. So glad the surgery worked. My favourite players are always the ones who are a little different and, like Wolfman, he fits the bill.
Jorge is on fire the last few rounds. Loving the way he makes heavy contact with defenders to get over the line.
I heard Matt Burke (ex Wallaby fullback) interview earlier this year. He said when he came back from shoulder reconstruction he basically had to learn to catch all over again. His shoulders were repaired so tight that he can't externally rotate them, which means his elbows stay closer together - pretty difficult to catch a football when your arms don't separate. History shows he went on to a World Cup victory 6 months later.
I'm not sure what the nature of Jorge's shoulder surgery was but even wearing the brace must have made catching
extremely difficult. Credit to Tooves for persevering with him.
I used to dread whenever a high ball was kicked towards Jorge but now I can't wait for him to charge it back!

Looking good Jorge. Lost a lot of extra poundage. I heard he had a brace on last year. Well brace often means two, so I suppose he was carrying two of himself last year and only has to contend with one of himself this year. Should make it easier.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6