Jordan McLean hearing.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Its a very harsh penalty that he may be facing. As per usual the NRL is reacting to a bad incident rather then fixing the issue with lifting tackles years ago. The players are trained to tackle a certain way and the Storm training staff really push the rules to their limits among many other clubs. Jordan was just doing what he was trained to do.

Just given him the sentence - 7 games.

https://twitter.com/FOXNRLLive/status/451295839118299136

FOX SPORTS NRL ‏@FOXNRLLive

Jordan McLean has been suspended for seven matches for his dangerous throw on Alex McKinnon

Frogz said:
If he doesn't lift...the guy don't fall on his head....end of story.....Maclean is not the victim here

He isn't the hardest hit victim out of this. Not by a long shot, but he is a victim. He was only doing what he has been coached to do, and what the game has let him and every other player in the game do over and over again ...until now. The game should have nipped the whole wrestling crap in the bud the moment it reared it's ugly head. Not wait for something tragic like this to force their hand.

He and Storm will get hammered by media and sooks if they do but you would have to think they will appeal the decision. I still can't see where he lifted over the horizontal. Just a terrible accident. Where are all the other injured players from this sort of tackle? Where are all the other NRL charges and penalties for tackles the same as this?

Trex got 7 weeks for his cartwheel tackle on degois, it sure put a stop to him making dangerous tackles. Hopefully the rules start sinking into players heads

MissKate said:
Trex got 7 weeks for his cartwheel tackle on degois, it sure put a stop to him making dangerous tackles. Hopefully the rules start sinking into players heads

TRex turned DeGois over and slammed him into the ground, McLean didn't do the same to Alex. The weight of three defenders did the damage.

I feel bad for McLean personally, but hopefully this episode has sent a clear message to the Storm that their grubby tackling tactics have no place in the game.

bob dylan said:
What a joke.

Zero weeks is the right penalty, 10 worse tackles in the weekend just gone.

Farce.
But in what sense were they worse?
I'm surprised people think the consequences are irrelevant. In criminal law they are relevant, eg negligent driving is a minor traffic offence with a maximum penalty of a fine, but if it causes death or serious injury you can go to jail.

I don't envy the panel dealing with this case but they've all played at high level so I won't argue with the outcome. I wish Jordan Mclean all the best, and I hope the commission treats this incident as a wake-up call not just a fluke accident.

eaglebuzz said:
I feel bad for McLean personally, but hopefully this episode has sent a clear message to the Storm that their grubby tackling tactics have no place in the game.

There are 16 teams who tackle the same way that Jordan McLean did. The rules need to change.

If no injury then there would have been no suspension or even a penalty. We see these types of tackles all the time.

The sentence was way too harsh.

bones said:
MissKate said:

TRex turned DeGois over and slammed him into the ground, McLean didn't do the same to Alex. The weight of three defenders did the damage.
That's not my point, my point was that it taught trex a lesson. Hopefully this will be a deterrent for others

I will reiterate I hope the outcome of this tackle is deterrent enough for every player and coach in the game to draw a line in the sand now, and stop " the lift ".
I can see the point that the injury caused should be taken into account and hope the 7 games appeases them......I just think there's an
element of McLean being a scapegoat here, too.
If the two other Storm players don't come in, I doubt the same happens with McLean tackling alone.

Yes, he lifted as 90% of NRL will in the same circumstances, he now has those 7 weeks to get his head together and hopefully we see the demise of "" the lift"".

If nothing else, that would be a positive.

Rodo said:
If no injury then there would have been no suspension or even a penalty. We see these types of tackles all the time.

The sentence was way too harsh.

He got off extremely lightly.

lsz said:
For all of those supporting the 7 weeks penalty I ask you if you would give the same suspension if there was no injury

If your answer is no then I am not sure how you can justify such a hefty suspension

NRL set the precedent last year when Newcastle Knights' Kade Snowden got seven weeks out for shoulder charge on Cowboys hooker Ray Thompson that broke a jaw. It too was an accidental knock, not a deliberate shoulder charge.

They have to be seen to be enforcing their own laws, otherwise they can be sued for negligence :cool:

7 weeks is nothing for McLean, he is in no fit state mentally now with the burden of believing that he maimed someone. Hopefully he gets the therapy that is required and gets on with his career :angel:

The issue I have is that it potentially places the consequences above intention

If a player goes out to punch someone in the head but there is no damage they might be suspended for a lesser time than a player who does something without the same intention to harm? That does not seem consistent or right to me

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4