1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Walker

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Freagle, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Freagle

Freagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +546 / 15
    So, there's plenty of buzz around the fact we have signed Tom Wright...but the other Rugby player, John Walker, has been pretty much overlooked (unless I missed something earlier - checked, but mainly just jokes about his name...).

Not much to be found on him, except a few schoolboy rugby references. Anyone know more? I see he played in the 2013 National finals, for NSW 2. Interestingly, Joey Lussick was the scrum half that day.

It seems he plays at number 8 in rugby - equivalent to a lock in League, sometimes called on as a third lineout option as well. So that makes him a tall and fairly skilful forward, generally. Speaking of which, Tepai Moeroa was playing at lock for the NSW firsts in the same comp in 2013...just didn't look fair! He was as big at sixteen as he is now!

Any more insights into John Walker?

2. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,535 / 32
    He's getting on a bit...
    images.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Freagle

Ratings:
    +546 / 15
    Oh, stop... :p

• Like Like x 1
  4. Remi

Remi Active Member

Ratings:
    +254 / 9
    I know Jonny Walker. Very good rugby player, tough but where do they play him ? Very surprised he has been signed, but he is a rugby forward, a lot different to league. Lussick must be also recruiting with the Bozos, especially with the rugby players coming to the club, through his kids rugby, as he is involved in helping out the school where this kid came from. Aaah jobs for the boys !

5. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,410 / 257
    Did we get blue red or black? Hopefully blue for red money...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,840 / 103
    Ray Price was a rugby player. Managed to turn into a reasonable rugby league lock!

7. Remi

Remi Active Member

Ratings:
    +254 / 9
    True and was a Australian former dual-code international, but Props in rugby find the transition to league hard, it's a completely different game for them, but wish him the best

8. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,798 / 122
    And Ben Kennedy - turned out OK.
    That big Roosters prop shows a bit of promise too.

9. Remi

Remi Active Member

Ratings:
    +254 / 9
    The one Manly let go ? He is ok, needs more mongrel, he is a bit soft . Lol

10. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,254 / 131
    Heard we also signed Glen Fiddich, Jim Beam and Jack Daniel

Seems to be a consistent theme from our recruiting team. Soiunds like they like a drink or two

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,571 / 45
    There's a big Irishman I would recommend to all. Tullamore Dew.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Normie

Normie Well-Known Member

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +327 / 4
    And Garrick Morgan was an absolute fizzer in league but was an outstanding Wallaby.......

13. Remi

Remi Active Member

Ratings:
    +254 / 9
    The same for Wallabies great George Smith
    He also played junior rugby league with the North Curl Curl Knights where he honed his ball-running skills, but it was rugby union that really suited his unique talents. Playing openside, he enjoyed pilfering balls. That was his strength and enjoyed the combat of that.

travelling the world and seeing different things and different cultures. Rugby league didn't have that lure for me, he said

14. Freagle

Ratings:
    +546 / 15
    I'd forgotten about BK making the shift from Manly Rugby! Good point...

There was that St George bloke a few years back too...early nineties. Can't quite remember his name and it is p***ing me off...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Freagle

Ratings:
    +546 / 15
    Scott Gourley - it came back to me. Shortly after trawling through the entire historical list of St George players...then finding out when I got to the end that they were only those that had played since 2000...D'oh! Did anyone remember Solomon Haumono playing for St G? Daniel Heckenburg? Nathan Tutt? Nor did I...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80
    This johnny walker sounds smooth.