John Quale to return?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
"FORMER NSWRL general manager John Quayle is poised to make a stunning return to rugby league after a 15-year absence.

The Daily Telegraph has been told Quayle is likely to secure a place on the inaugural eight-member rugby league commission, which could be confirmed as early as this week.

Quayle walked away from rugby league in 1996 during the bitter Super League dispute but remains a respected figure in the game.

It would be a remarkable comeback for Quayle should he be confirmed as a commissioner.

He has told friends of his desire to return to the game."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/former-nswrl-general-manager-john-quayle-set-for-shock-return-to-rugby-league/story-e6frexnr-1225963000880

I haven't seen much about Quale for a long time. My memory is that he was one who wasn't tarnished in the SL mire, and worked tirelessly for the betterment of the game. Of course I was on the ARL side at the time. He could be a good selection.

Seems to me you have to be an very old white man to get a gig on this 'new' Commission.  Stack it with your old mates and you get to keep your job.  Go David.   

I thought Quayle was a good administrator so I don't mind this

I think the Commission should be devoid of ex-league players for a while.  Fresh ideas rom people without brain damage is what is required.  

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=eagleE link=topic=186050.msg307940#msg307940 date=1291072561]
But not as good as grilled quail that has been deboned and served with a parsnip mash and lemon butter sauce.

That sure beats jatz crackers.
[/quote]

I'm a Ritz man myself

Dan link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=186050.msg307943#msg307943 date=1291072741]
[quote author=eagleE link=topic=186050.msg307940#msg307940 date=1291072561]
But not as good as grilled quail that has been deboned and served with a parsnip mash and lemon butter sauce.

That sure beats jatz crackers.
[/quote]

I'm a Ritz man myself
[/quote]

Thats it. Your off the chrissie list !

you know why he was good??????????????  him & ARKO...  BECAUSE THEY WERE both  EX LEAGUE PLAYERS THEMSELVES.. they know what the games about  & have a feel for it unlike gallop..

15 years out of the game

What has he been doing? Is he up to date with the current challenges facing the game (multiple free to air channels V pay TV), generational change...

The game needs business leaders to move it forward

doesnt matter how much business sense  you got  ,, if didnt play the game you shouldnt be running it..

Post  automatically merged: [time]1291081036[/time]

yep thats a swipe at gallop... 

Post  automatically merged: [time]1291081155[/time]

allan jones  had the gift of the gab,  he also had plenty of business associates  & he`s  got a bit of bussiness  sense  too,  but he couldnt coach for **** because he never played the game..

jjai link said:
doesnt matter how much business sense  you got  ,, if didnt play the game you shouldnt be running it..

Post  automatically merged: [time]1291081036[/time]

yep thats a swipe at gallop... 

Post  automatically merged: [time]1291081155[/time]

allan jones  had the gift of the gab,  he also had plenty of business associates  & he`s  got a bit of bussiness  sense  too,  but he couldnt coach for s**t because he never played the game..

What a load of bollocks.

Administrators have t deal with corporations, contracts, the public & the law. Playing the game does not set one up with the necessary skills to fulfill these duties.

You need a passion for the game & an intricate knowledge of the game but playing it at an elite level shouldn't count for anything. Players representatives are the ones who need to be ex-players.

no duff i believe an ex player should be coaching the refs..
an ex player should be the  CEO..
just like ex players are in the judiciary  & checking clubs books

yeah but you are an idiot.

by your logic 99% of the posters on here arent entitled to an opinion as we didnt play.

I'd rather someone with a bit of business sense be on board than a meathead former footballer.

And yes i realise there are guys there who have done both, but why exclude a large part of the community form the position.

But dont let sense get in the way.

Yep put the most under qualified person in charge....sounds like a solid plan

jjai, Ian Shubert was a player and I consider him a total dud in 'checking club's books'.  I'd like to see a totally independent auditing firm deal with 'club's books in future.   The problem with all these 'names' being bandied about are that they all seem so old.  The games moved on since Quale's time and has entered a new century.  All one has to do is look at the past NSW selectors to see what old football players bring to the table.  I think Quale's been sitting on his property in the Hunter for the past fifteen years.  Peter Beattie might be a better bet.  Nick Greiner could balance him out.  

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6