John "Immortal"?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
John "Immortal"?

I agree with Ryan. He was the best player I have seen and this incident should not influence a decision.

John "Immortal"?

It's not an "incident". It is an entire career blighted by the consistent use of a banned substance.

John "Immortal"?

True mate, true...but I also remember someone saying to me that they would never try the gear, because they know they wouldn't be able to get off the crap.

Is that then "one incident" that could have created a steam train?

John "Immortal"?

We're talking 12-14 years of a bloke with a massive support network around him. He has no excuse for not seeking help.

John "Immortal"?

Disagree. If I were a betting man, I'd bet 80% of that support group would be pro-active in the push for him to actually take the rubbish.

John "Immortal"?

Gary Ablett in the AFL is a case in hand. Close to greatest of all Forwards but because of drugs and a mysterious death of a young groupie he has been overlooked for the Hall of Fame. Sponsors get very nervous about association with illegal substances.

John "Immortal"?

What right is it of the NRL's to take any notice of non performance enhancing drug taking by their employees while not at work - (except in the case it is affecting their performance at work).

To my mind it is clearly a police matter. Not that I use drugs but if I did and my employer had an issue with it I'd be telling them where to jump.

John "Immortal"?

it might well all come down to how he goes about making up for his errors and how the public perceive him after 12 months or so.

Who is to say last night was a damage control interview, and he in fact continues to take drugs in his own personal time.

All the same I appreciated his honesty and wish him the best.

John "Immortal"?

I wish him the worst. I'll never forget the look in my little girls eyes when Toovs got stomped. Filthy steroid taking, drug fuqed idiots. The team should be booted and the town plowed under, erasing all memory of their infamy.

John "Immortal"?

Yep, it'd be a farce if the greatest player of the modern era was not made an immortal.

The message is, take drugs & you can still be the best footy player in the world. People don't like it because it puts egg on the faces of a lot of "experts".

And for fux sake, stop mentioning roids, you pack of ignorant swine.

John "Immortal"?

What right is it of the NRL's to take any notice of non performance enhancing drug taking by their employees while not at work - (except in the case it is affecting their performance at work).

To my mind it is clearly a police matter. Not that I use drugs but if I did and my employer had an issue with it I'd be telling them where to jump.

Firstly I will start with I am a believer that the NRL should not test for Non-Performance enhancing drugs, that should be up to the individual clubs. If taking drugs effects your work wether it be an NRL Footballer or a mechanic you should face some sort of disciplinary action. You can't tell me that after a barnstorming weekend on the Coke, E's & Piss you are as fresh as a daisy for work on Monday.

Don't get the wrong idea from above, I am far from an anti drugs crusader, people make mistakes and [censored] I have made more than most!!

:blah: :doh: :drunk: :yeah: :sleep:

John "Immortal"?

I wish him the worst. I'll never forget the look in my little girls eyes when Toovs got stomped. Filthy steroid taking, drug fuqed idiots. The team should be booted and the town plowed under, erasing all memory of their infamy.

"he town plowed under" - that is my town too! There are plenty of Manly supporters up here! The team is not responsible for individual's actions.

I don't think all of us are perfect. Well I know I'm not, and I made some BIG mistakes in my life (not drug related) caused from frustration and pressure and I hope Joey gets more support than I did. Does this make my family responsible for my actions? No. The blame goes to immaturity in my books. However I think yeh, its bad to take drugs particularly if you are a role model, worse is taking performance enhancing drugs - because it is cheating and getting an unfair advantage ove fellow players. I think it took great courage to go on national TV and provide that much honesty - when he didn't need to. What he did was good, he accepted responsibilty.

He was still a great footballer, and did a great deal for charity, he even helped out on a charity I put together, and he couldn't do enough, free of charge, no strings attached, and even put in an appearance unannounced.

So it doesn't change my opinion of him, I wish him good fortune in whatever he chooses to do. :clap: :clap: :clap:

John "Immortal"?

I am starting to think that the majority of footballers are on x while on the park. The amount these guys tend to pat eachother on the arse is unbeleivable. They don't call ecstacy the love drug for nothing.

John "Immortal"?

Because Andrew Johns signed a contract saying the NRL has a right , its as simple as that. ( im not saying weather thats right or wrong but just staing the fact )

People forget and ask why the NRL has a right to do what they do, thats because players sign an NRL contract and in return for the big bucks they agree to play under certain rules.

Your employer has no real rights there because you have not signed an agreement giving them those rights.

The finger must be pointed at the Newcastle Club who one would presume knowingly let him continue to play without
1/ any support
2/ disiplinary action.

John "Immortal"?

He is way behind Mal Meninga as an immortal anyway. Mal Dominated Club, State, and International for years. Compare records and Joey doesn't come close.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2