John Hopoate Vs Bob Mirovic live tonight on one HD

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
John Hopoate Vs Bob Mirovic tonight live on One HD i haven't seen a Hoppa fight in full apart from some high lights. I'm watching the boxing now i can't wait to see how big Hoppa goes and i think it's a title fight.?

Go Hoppa

Thanks for the reminder EP, won't miss it now but I don't know about those female boxers though they are throwing some mean punches.

missing_something link said:
3 rounds in it's a hugathon

The whole match from what I saw was a hugathon.

Rex link said:
Total mismatch.  Only one fighter was interested in fighting.

I'm not surprised, Hoppa has about ten years on him. Hoppa will never be more than what Mirovic achieved.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=missing_something link=topic=181147.msg233176#msg233176 date=1248353296]

3 rounds in it's a hugathon

The whole match from what I saw was a hugathon.
[/quote]

Yep, what a pathetic performance primarily from Mirovic.
For all the pre-match talk Mirovic sure failed miserbaly to come through with any of it.

Hoping big Bob would actually box and hurt Hoppa giving himself a chance during the first half, by Round 6 I was just hoping Hoppa would dodge the hug and land some huge head shots and knock him out to finish it.

The UFC on after it was far, far more entertaining.

P.S. Er, and shouldn't this thread be in the General forum area or something? Shrug.

I thought I'd watch a few rounds, hoping Hoppa would end it early so I could go to bed. But he couldn't, and I found myself watching the whole sorry spectacle. It was hypnotically awful, probably one of the worst "professional" fights I've ever seen.
Mirovic had absolutely nothing. All the old clown wanted to do was clinch and whinge about his arm. He threw about four punches the entire fight, all of which Hoppa dutifully walked into.
Hoppa wasn't much better. He has one punch, a clubbing overhead right hand that you can see coming from a mile away, and he was intent on throwing it all night. He doesn't have a jab [insert finger up the bum joke here] and he seems incapable of throwing a combination. I wasn't expecting much finesse from him but it'd be nice to think he can throw one punch after another if he has to. He can't.
Worse still, he's got no defence other than charging in with his head down. And his movement is terrible.
Hoppa is not a fighter. He never was and he never will be. He needs to recognise that before he gets seriously hurt. More importantly, his handlers/advisors need to recognise it right now. Whoever got him involved in boxing needs to get him uninvolved real quick.

eagle_predator link said:
It wasn't a good fight i agree the thing i don't understand is how did Hoppa win his title in the first place and from whom ?

I thought he beat Bob Mirovic to win the title though Mirovic claimed he fought with a broken arm.

It was a scrappy fight but on the one occasion that hoppa actually did move he actually look pretty good.  When you’re as big as those guys I guess conditioning work isn’t a priority and if hoppa’s to continue in the sport he will need to do a lot more work especially if he wants to get another fight against Oliver McCall for the IBA Intercontinental heavyweight title…. Ummmm lots of work, speed, conditioning, moving and not just being a one punch knockout.

How can you punch anyone in a boxing match when the guy from the opposition corner keeps cuddling you? You could tell that by the look of frustration on his face that Hoppa wanted to box but was not able to because Mirovic kept rushing over to cuddle everytime.

Jethro link said:
How can you punch anyone in a boxing match when the guy from the opposition corner keeps cuddling you?

You hit him on the way in. Even better, you move out of the way and hit him.
I know they're big boys (Hoppa has never been bigger, and I'm not sure that's a good thing) and there's a lot of weight being thrown about, but Hoppa should have been able to knock him out. Aussie Joe Bugner could probably KO Mirovic, and he's 112 years old.
I'm not trying to knock Hoppa's courage and I wish him nothing but the best, but he just isn't a fighter and I don't want to see him get hurt. That's what will happen if he persists.

Hopoate retains heavyweight title

6:25a.m. 24th July 2009

By Adrian Warren

John Hopoate has retained his Australian heavyweight title in decisive fashion against Bob Mirovic in their boxing rematch at Canberra's AIS Arena on Thursday night.

Hopoate (12-3), bounced back from his last start loss to former heavyweight world champion Oliver McCall, scoring a unanimous ten round points win over 43-year-old Mirovic (29-21-2).

The judges scored the fight 99-90, 99-91 and 97-94 in 34-year-old Hopoate's favour.

Hopoate, who took the title from Mirovic on a ninth-round stoppage on the Gold Coast last September, pushed the pace, backing up the challenger with big right hands and the occasional left rip to the body.

Mirovic seemed content to fight at close quarters despite enjoying significant height and reach advantages.

As early as round one, Mirovic was showing signs of wear and tear on his face.

Former rugby league star Hopoate dominated the first two rounds, landing some clubbing right hand blows.

Mirovic started to string some punches together near the end of round three but he struggled to mount sustained pressure at other stages of the fight.

Mirovic, who claimed Hopoate's tactics were responsible for his broken arm in their first contest, complained to referee Brian McMahon about the champion's tactics in that area in the first and fourth rounds.

The two fighters had a unscheduled breather between the sixth and seventh and seventh and eighth rounds when a rope in the neutral corner came loose.

The breaks didn't help the older man, as Hopoate continued to pile on the pressure.

On the undercard, Ben Edwards, who knocked out Hopoate in his only previous fight, stopped ring worn New Zealander Sam Leuii inside the first minute.

Dual Olympian Ged O'Mahoney started his professional career in stylish fashion with a unanimous points win over Bruce MacFie in a middleweight contest.

© AAP

http://www.thedaily.com.au/news/2009/jul/24/aap-hopoate-retains-heavyweight-title/

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6