John Hopoate to coach Manly Juniors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't see it as a bad thing at all. The kids would certainly listen to, and respect the man.

Im surprised at some of the reactions though. He bled for Manly, literally.

I also think Will Hopoate would make an amazing 5/8. Just saying ;)

Pretty sure that Hoppa had previously and very successfully coached Juniors previously.

These Junior RL stories are just to push Bozo's kid's takeover of an already vibrant Junior League on the Peninsula.

Not sure why it's happening as there is a noticeable attrition rate of Juniors moving onto Harold Matthews .
The commitment to professional sport is not for most people. Nothing to do with a lack of pathways, which is Brett Fulton's view.

There was another story on how the kids now get a jersey, instead of just socks etc.

Don't see it as a bad thing at all. The kids would certainly listen to, and respect the man.

Im surprised at some of the reactions though. He bled for Manly, literally.

I also think Will Hopoate would make an amazing 5/8. Just saying ;)

I don't know why Hopoate doesn't coach our NSW Cup side ? I think the older players would listen and he would get more out of coaching the older team

Well, wouldn't have been my first choice but better people than me have put faith in him. Hopefully he wont do anything stupid that will bring sheite on the club.

Yes an absolute mentor and idol of our young.....Just what we don't need in our club (like Carney)
Criminal charges[edit]
In December 2010 Hopoate was charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm and affray following an incident at the Trademark Hotel in Kings Cross where he worked.[24] Hopoate was employed as a Responsible Service of Alcohol marshall and not for security.[25] Hopoate later blamed his membership in the Mormon religion for his actions that night. The victim had allegedly made disparaging comments about the religion's leader Joseph Smith.

In August 2013 Hopoate pleaded guilty to intimidating a parking officer outside the Trademark Hotel in June 2013.[26] He was fined $400 over the incident.[27]

He will be a real leader!!!!!

Updated 10 Dec 2013, 11:02amTue 10 Dec 2013, 11:02am
Photo: Former NRL player John Hopoate is banned from Kings Cross nightclubs for 12 months. (Dean Lewins: AAP)
Related Story: CCTV footage released of Hopoate-linked brawl

Former NRL player John Hopoate and bikie associate Mark Judge are the among the first people to be banned from Kings Cross nightclubs for bad behaviour.
...................................................................................................................................
Should be good for the women in league round also.

One journalist bore the full brunt of former rugby league player John Hopoate outside court on Wednesday, when he allegedly tried to trip her, before swearing at her so ferociously sheriffs were forced to intervene.

At the Downing Centre in Sydney for his son Jamil's sentencing over the brutal bashing of a man in February, Hopoate senior was not pleased when he was approached outside court by reporters.

As the pack followed him along Liverpool Street in the CBD, the former NRL player stuck his foot out in a what appeared to be deliberate attempt to send 2UE radio journalist Leonie Ryan flying.
................................................................................................................................

etc. etc.etc.

Wasn't he also banned from junior grade footy for sideline bad behaviour????????

Last edited:
So you don't need a blue card in NSW to coach kids then? You would think being infamous in the Country for sticking your finger up football players butt's, the same class of persons you want to coach could cause you a little bit of grief with that.

But hey the Penn's are in charge of the club, and they are intelligent business persons, I am sure they done a due diligence check on Hoppa and have satisfield themselves that he has always behaved very well at other junior league games in the past. It is not as if he has ever had fights or been one of those parents on the side line or anything like that.

His contract for coaching role for eels (remember around will hoppas first eels contract. Nothing suss there nrl) must be up.

Has Will re-signed with the eels the reports seem to be a little inconsistent on that? He is playing ****e for the eels but back in Maroon and White he could go ok.

He is a disgrace. How any rugby league organisation - NSW, Manly, Balmain etc. - allow him anywhere near their control is unbelievable. He should be banned for life. You can overlook a man's failings a few times, but this clown has been an embarrassment for dozens of incidents.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6