John Hopoate re Will's future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
John should go on a 12 month senior Mormon mission instead of Wil to make up for his sins.

Wil has not sinned, and he is an exceptional kid, so he should step into his dads footsteps to look after his family whilst his dad is away. This allows Wil to play for modest dollars next year - enough to cover what money his father would have needed to support his family for the next 12 months.

Wishful thinking I know, and I support his mission for the next 2 years, but I wish he didn't have to go. I will miss him dearly.

silvertail said:
John should go on a 12 month senior Mormon mission instead of Wil to make up for his sins.

Wil has not sinned, and he is an exceptional kid, so he should step into his dads footsteps to look after his family whilst his dad is away. This allows Wil to play for modest dollars next year - enough to cover what money his father would have needed to support his family for the next 12 months.

Wishful thinking I know, and I support his mission for the next 2 years, but I wish he didn't have to go. I will miss him dearly.
Could you imagine anyone opening the door when Hoppa Sr appears on the doorstep?

Jado said:
His preferred position is fullback; he was utterly brilliant when snake was injured.

Can you blame him for looking over the fence; how would you feel staying as a winger just because you love the football club you are at? Snake has a mortgage on FB at the Eagles...

As much as i would be shattered seeing him go, he wants to be a fullback....and it a way it would be a shame if he spent years in a position he doesn't really want to be in just to be at Manly; prefer to see him a fullback whom goes on to become the NSW and Australian fullback which he will be if he chooses....

His preferred position is actually center as I understand it (going off media interviews) so he's got a great chance of playing in his preferred spot with us in two years time.

Probably the real reason behind the Bennett like money that the Bulldog's are reportedly offering to Des. They want him as coach but largely for the young talent that they hope will follow him from the Manly nursery. If they can get their hands on Will, Darcy, Fozzy, Ferris, Cunningham, Ricardi and co it would save them five years of hard graft and rob Manly of the fruits of the effort they've put in over the past decade. Funny that nobody would criticize the Bulldogs for this sort of checkbook team building. Imagine how the media and the supporters of other teams would react if the Sea Eagles tried it.

Gorgeous George said:
The Who said:
He'll go to the club that allows him to play the Missionary position!

Classic.
I Agree with you George Missionary definitely is his position so he will stay with Manly . Doggy style dosent suit him so the bulldogs will miss out :D

Let's just concentrate on the game in hand. Players, and coaches, come and go, that's a fact of footie and a winning team. A GF win in each decade over the last five is something to be savored. As Beaver said in an interview over the weekend, There are very few players who get to play in even one over their career. If Hoppa was thinking ahead, he'd stay at the club who have that winning culture.

DSM5 said:
Let's just concentrate on the game in hand. Players, and coaches, come and go, that's a fact of footie and a winning team. A GF win in each decade over the last five is something to be savored. As Beaver said in an interview over the weekend, There are very few players who get to play in even one over their career. If Hoppa was thinking ahead, he'd stay at the club who have that winning culture.

100% agree DSM5

All that speculation should be put aside this week. The opportunity to win a GF is the only thing that matters and should never be taken for granted.

2008, 1996, 1987 all is still make me smile whenever i think about those proud moments. Especially 2008 which is a lifetime gift.

To put things into perespective, who here was around in 1922?

BOZO said:
Gorgeous George said:
The Who said:

Classic.
I Agree with you George Missionary definitely is his position so he will stay with Manly . Doggy style dosent suit him so the bulldogs will miss out :D

This just gets better and better. :)

BOZO said:
Gorgeous George said:
The Who said:

Classic.

Spoons style dont suit him either so that rules out the Titans.

What a future you have being the breeding ground for the nrl, laughing my ass off all the players you pinched now the money is all gone you can't even compete to keep young hoppa lol and your relying on the fact that des won't coach against you as the reason he will stay. No ground no money no future. I say enjoy sunday not many happy years to come

Reggie 12 said:
No ground no money no future. I say enjoy sunday not many happy years to come
Or in your case no intellect, no grace, no style, no father that you're aware of and very likely a victim of inbreeding, plus an IQ that is preceded by a decimal point, if not a reference

Enjoy your next visit to the showers at Long Bay.

Hey Reggie, how many premierships have the vermin won in the last 40 years..... What’s that I hear? choking - that’s right :

ZIPPO, Nunya, Nein, diddly-squat, ****le, ****, jack ****, jack all, dick ( I am sure you can associate with that as that’s what you are in the pencil form), sweet fcuk-all so fcuk off back to your wabbit hole, I am sure that wanna be actor Crowe has plenty of space up his anus to accommodate you and keep you warm at night.

Crow’s money won’t last forever. If the rumours I hear are right no success in the next 3 years no cash cow in Russell Crow and thus the end of the vermin wabbits. Ooh a hunting we shall go, a hunting we shall go.

2007-12-30-NBCMatthews2.jpg

OneEyedEagle said:
Crow’s money won’t last forever. If the rumours I hear are right no success in the next 3 years no cash cow in Russell Crow and thus the end of the vermin wabbits. Ooh a hunting we shall go, a hunting we shall go.

You may well be right in fact I'd say you are but we are used to having no money and teams pinching our players. Funny how things turn out the truth is you have been in 3 grand finals in the last 5 years and are a great chance to win your 2nd yet your owners are losing money hand over fist. It's easy to ridicule my points but in this period of success you can't at least break even I would be asking question. As for crowes money I'd be just as worried about Penn. 1st Delmege who had very serious tax issues now Penn and the clowns behind quantum and a leagues club who give no money yet release statements about haslers contract. Enjoy the sunshine boy's

Reggie 12 said:
OneEyedEagle said:

You may well be right in fact I'd say you are but we are used to having no money and teams pinching our players. Funny how things turn out the truth is you have been in 3 grand finals in the last 5 years and are a great chance to win your 2nd yet your owners are losing money hand over fist. It's easy to ridicule my points but in this period of success you can't at least break even I would be asking question. As for crowes money I'd be just as worried about Penn. 1st Delmege who had very serious tax issues now Penn and the clowns behind quantum and a leagues club who give no money yet release statements about haslers contract. Enjoy the sunshine boy's
Times have changed,you don't produce anywhere near the number of local juniors that you used to, so you have to go out into the marketplace like most other teams. Also you say that you are used to having no money,those days are gone where you can run a club on a shoestring budget.
As supporters of a privatised club we are always concerned about the club's finances, but our position will be the same for most of the other clubs in Sydney who rely on pokie taxes, as the days of clubs pouring money down the rugby league drain are long gone.

Reggie 12 said:
What a future you have being the breeding ground for the nrl, laughing my ass off all the players you pinched now the money is all gone you can't even compete to keep young hoppa lol and your relying on the fact that des won't coach against you as the reason he will stay. No ground no money no future. I say enjoy sunday not many happy years to come
Shocked a Souths supporter can afford the internet - congratulations!!

Reggie 12 said:

True there have been a lot of drama's happening with our board (not all marriages end up lasting, some get divorced and finally find the right mix), a lot of the noise in relation to our board problems is due to media tabloid selling tactics however I think you will find we have never been thrown out of the competition either.

As for the drama's our club has faced with the board you are better off looking closer to home and your own owners.

What did Russell (A.K.A. - Maximus Decimus Meridius) do to poor old Peter Holmes à Court. That’s right stabbed him in the back.

Russell Crowe the great pretender of all time. In 3 years enjoy watching your team from SA, they will be known as the Adelaide Wabbits.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2